Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-28-2014, 09:25 PM   #401
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

the gap or opening on the helmeted head it far to wide. way too much of a gap. should have looked exactly like the helemt itself that he rests his hand on.
that way it keeps the continuity of the two helmets in check.
the face and mouth area would still look cool if the gap wasn't so wide. def needs to be more narrow. just like it is in the comics.

as far as the elongated helmet issue. yeah it does seem to be a bit too long. but you dont want to shorten it too much. after all.
it is a helmet and it sits on/around his head. to short and it will def look odd.
just like it does in that Photoshop image that is posted.
i would say shorten it by half as much as shown in the PS image and it would be perfect.

its def a cool looking piece. one of the best Mags out there (licensed or custom). but im just not a fan of the portrait itself.
the actual paints seems to take a way from both portraits IMO.

i would like to see this professionally built and painted by a pro builder/painter. the paints def look factory thats for sure.

speaking of which. i think it would be cool if XM offered these piece as kits. that way their customers could have them build and painted anyway they wanted them to.

i probably would pick this up if it was offered in kit form.
maybe they can seem how they are going to be making between 750 and 1000 of them.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:49 PM   #402
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
the gap or opening on the helmeted head it far to wide. way too much of a gap. should have looked exactly like the helemt itself that he rests his hand on.
that way it keeps the continuity of the two helmets in check.
the face and mouth area would still look cool if the gap wasn't so wide. def needs to be more narrow. just like it is in the comics.

as far as the elongated helmet issue. yeah it does seem to be a bit too long. but you dont want to shorten it too much. after all.
it is a helmet and it sits on/around his head. to short and it will def look odd.
just like it does in that Photoshop image that is posted.
i would say shorten it by half as much as shown in the PS image and it would be perfect.

its def a cool looking piece. one of the best Mags out there (licensed or custom). but im just not a fan of the portrait itself.
the actual paints seems to take a way from both portraits IMO.

i would like to see this professionally built and painted by a pro builder/painter. the paints def look factory thats for sure.

speaking of which. i think it would be cool if XM offered these piece as kits. that way their customers could have them build and painted anyway they wanted them to.

i probably would pick this up if it was offered in kit form.
maybe they can seem how they are going to be making between 750 and 1000 of them.
I see what you are referring to DM. Didn't notice it before and I agree 100% with your critique of the helmeted head. It would definitely be an improvement.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:58 PM   #403
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
I see what you are referring to DM. Didn't notice it before and I agree 100% with your critique of the helmeted head. It would definitely be an improvement.
yeah it def would. but if they do correct it and the elongated head. i just hope they dont make it too short like in that PS image. they need to do it about half that for it to look its best IMO.
im not sure how far they are on production. so it might not be able to be corrected. but if it can. its def something they should consider for this killah piece.

if not. its still a great statue and im sure they will sell quite a few of them.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:08 PM   #404
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by khrisc View Post
o man thats way better!! who posted that pic? tell him to post it in XM's facebook page! last time i checked no one is talking about the helmet anymore
Which tells me that most don't have a problem with it.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:27 PM   #405
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
yeah it def would. but if they do correct it and the elongated head. i just hope they dont make it too short like in that PS image. they need to do it about half that for it to look its best IMO.
im not sure how far they are on production. so it might not be able to be corrected. but if it can. its def something they should consider for this killah piece.

if not. its still a great statue and im sure they will sell quite a few of them.
Agreed. I am happy with it as is so if they are able to make the changes to the helmeted head it will be icing on the cake.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:42 PM   #406
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

I'm not convinced there's a problem any more, with the helmeted head. The recent pictures are taken from above, so we see more of the top of the helmet. We would have to see a picture taken straight on of the face to accurately judge.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:50 PM   #407
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
Now that we have better pics, I like what I am seeing. I do agree that the helmeted head is a bit elongated but I wouldn't have noticed it if it wasn't put side by side with the Photoshopped pic. That would be the only thing I would want fixed and that is a minor nit pick at this point. I still think the unhelemted head's expression works in the context I stated earlier. Colors are fine too imo. Great wok XM!
It's the only thing I want changed, too, but for me it's a deal breaker. The helmet, as is, just doesn't look right.
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:55 PM   #408
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
It's the only thing I want changed, too, but for me it's a deal breaker. The helmet, as is, just doesn't look right.
Pics can sometimes distort the image a bit especially when taken with a cell phone. The helmeted head might look fine when viewed with the naked eye.

I would wait for professional pics before you make a final judgement.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:56 PM   #409
khrisc
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
same for me too sadly i hope they fix it.
khrisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:56 PM   #410
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quote:

I think it needs to fit like this...this to me is the perfect fitting Magneto helmet.

Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote