Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-04-2014, 12:13 AM   #31
MrYac
Hercules

I am sadly aware of the edits, but still the belt around the tree is still one of my favorite kills.
MrYac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 12:14 AM   #32
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
I am sadly aware of the edits, but still the belt around the tree is still one of my favorite kills.
True. That was a good one.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 12:41 AM   #33
MrYac
Hercules

I just think it's sad that the movie is labeled bad by the masses just because it isn't the "real" Jason. but when you get down to it Roy was more in line with early Jason then the super zombie ever was, plus I think Tommy taking up the mask would've really been a cool place for the series to go instead of the very odd turn it took with 6
Old 11-04-2014, 01:01 AM   #34
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
I just think it's sad that the movie is labeled bad by the masses just because it isn't the "real" Jason. but when you get down to it Roy was more in line with early Jason then the super zombie ever was, plus I think Tommy taking up the mask would've really been a cool place for the series to go instead of the very odd turn it took with 6
I liked 5, but I also love Zombie Jason, so I'm good either way. It could've been interesting to see a proper sequel to 5 though. Funny thing about 5.. it was the only Friday I saw in the theater. I was about..9 LOL. My mom took me for some reason...she wasn't a horror fan and I didn't know anything about the series at age 9...anyway, the whole not-Jason twist went over my head a bit and I remember this disappointment everyone had.."wait..so Jason's not even in this movie?...screw you too!" Now when I watch it, I think it's a pretty creative path to take and I like it better than 8 or 9 at least.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 02:07 AM   #35
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Which is a damn shame because 5 is a great entree in the series, Roy had some of the most brutal kills in the franchise and the idea of a copycat killer is so much more interesting then a zombie Jason fighting psychics and the God awful garbage that 8 and beyond were. If the franchise continued on where 5 ended I think it would've been great.
I loved every minute of part 7. And I really like Jason's look, how he is all crusty and decomposing.

SPOILERS

Not sure where they got the idea exactly to have Jason and a teen psychic go at it, but I really like it. Eventually it becomes clear that nothing will kill him, as he keeps getting back up. So the way they imprison him at the bottom of the lake is perfect. I'll admit the end with her father is just ridiculous. But I don't think it hurts the film.

Since I really hated Jason takes Manhattan and let's not even mention Jason in Space, I prefer to think of part 7 as the final installment, and Jason vs Freddy is really more of a "what if" story.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 02:15 AM   #36
MrYac
Hercules

well I think most people like just about anything better then 8 and 9 so that isn't too high praise
Old 11-04-2014, 08:02 AM   #37
johnclone
The Enchantress

But it is comforting to know that when Jason climbs out of the water onto the boat, the first thing he sees is a hockey mask just sitting there. Imagine if David Hasselhoff climbs out of the water onto a boat and the first thing he sees when he gets out of the water is a black leather jacket and a black Pontiac trans am. Or Darth Vader climbs up out of the water, the first thing he sees is a lightsaber.
Old 11-05-2014, 07:17 PM   #38
johnny6666
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
the most brutal butchering was at the hands of the mpaa. They hated the Friday series and 5 in particular got hammered.
Indeed. It's a mess of a movie as is, but the enforced MPAA cuts just make it pointless.
johnny6666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 07:37 PM   #39
johnny6666
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
I loved every minute of part 7.

Not sure where they got the idea exactly to have Jason and a teen psychic go at it, but I really like it...
It was pitched as 'Carrie vs. Jason', largely because the 'Freddy vs. Jason' idea was kicking around even back then (but Paramount lacked the rights to Krueger). So, the 'vs.' idea was translated into 'Jason vs. psychic teen'.

Personally, I'm still waiting for 'J. v. J.' - Jason vs. Jaws. See, everyone thinks that Jason drowned in Crystal Lake, but they're wrong. Jaws found his way into the lake, and ate him. And now Jason, as undead super zombie, wants his revenge...
johnny6666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 11:55 AM   #40
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny6666 View Post
It was pitched as 'Carrie vs. Jason', largely because the 'Freddy vs. Jason' idea was kicking around even back then (but Paramount lacked the rights to Krueger). So, the 'vs.' idea was translated into 'Jason vs. psychic teen'.

Personally, I'm still waiting for 'J. v. J.' - Jason vs. Jaws. See, everyone thinks that Jason drowned in Crystal Lake, but they're wrong. Jaws found his way into the lake, and ate him. And now Jason, as undead super zombie, wants his revenge...
We'll need a hockey mask that can fit a shark's face, and I think you might have something there.

How about Jason vs the clown under the bed from Poltergeist? I think the Killer Clowns from outer space were probably based off of that doll.

Or how about Jason tracks down the writers of Jason X?