Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-27-2018, 02:18 PM   #331
ukshaun
Hercules

I'm slightly lost as to the purpose of the latest pics posted by Kelvin Loke 'TDKR Catwoman Prototype'
We've seen many better pics of the prototype already. This led me to think, maybe the new pics represent an example of a production piece (an AP) how the shipped piece will look?

ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 05:18 PM   #332
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I'm slightly lost as to the purpose of the latest pics posted by Kelvin Loke 'TDKR Catwoman Prototype'
We've seen many better pics of the prototype already. This led me to think, maybe the new pics represent an example of a production piece (an AP) how the shipped piece will look?
I really doubt that's the case.

You see, this is Kelvin's own prototype, or, to be precise, one of Prime 1's prototypes that get sent around. Chances are this one in particular is the one Kelvin will be displaying at Shiok Toys, his own shop in Malaysia. All the pics we'd seen so far were from several cons, except for those that you posted and that were taken recently (in the street) at the opening of one of Shiok Toys' franchise shops precisely.

I think this is simply Kelvin's proper shooting session of their proto, as we've seen him do with other pieces. It may even have been shot at that new franchise shop (big building!), for all we know.

Production pieces are probably still a long time away.
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 05:28 PM   #333
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
I really doubt that's the case.

You see, this is Kelvin's own prototype, or, to be precise, one of Prime 1's prototypes that get sent around. Chances are this one in particular is the one Kelvin will be displaying at Shiok Toys, his own shop in Malaysia. All the pics we'd seen so far were from several cons, except for those that you posted and that were taken recently (in the street) at the opening of one of Shiok Toys' franchise shops precisely.

I think this is simply Kelvin's proper shooting session of their proto, as we've seen him do with other pieces. It may even have been shot at that new franchise shop (big building!), for all we know.

Production pieces are probably still a long time away.
Since the piece went up for pre order some weeks ago, complete with Prime 1 official photo's, it makes little sense for Kelvin to release a bunch of images that fail to do the piece justice. It almost felt like he had the images, and released them to generate extra interest. I guess that's up to him. They are far from the best images release so far. I have Cat Woman on pre order, and hope she turns out great

I still think the price is high, when compared to Poison Ivy, which appears to have a lot more work involved.
Old 05-27-2018, 05:55 PM   #334
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Since the piece went up for pre order some weeks ago, complete with Prime 1 official photo's, it makes little sense for Kelvin to release a bunch of images that fail to do the piece justice.
He always posts pics of his. I don't think that's such a big deal. I happened to like the pics, warts and all, so I for one appreciate it.

And please, please, please, Shaun, stop spelling it "Cat Woman". It makes my eyes bleed every time. It's not Bat Man. It's not Super Man. It's not Wond... Eh, well, you get the idea.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:15 PM   #335
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
He always posts pics of his. I don't think that's such a big deal. I happened to like the pics, warts and all, so I for one appreciate it.

And please, please, please, Shaun, stop spelling it "Cat Woman". It makes my eyes bleed every time. It's not Bat Man. It's not Super Man. It's not Wond... Eh, well, you get the idea.
Catwoman it is.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:21 PM   #336
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Catwoman it is.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:32 PM   #337
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Shoo, when do u think Batman and Bane will be up up for order? Thanks
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 06:52 PM   #338
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent23 View Post
Shoo, when do u think Batman and Bane will be up up for order? Thanks
I wish I knew.
Old 05-28-2018, 09:45 AM   #339
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Ok, thanks Shoo
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 04:05 AM   #340
Comic69
Frackin!

Wow! Thanks a lot for the pictures! I love this Catwoman. She is so awesome and looking so great like the P1 Arkham-Catwoman. I preordered both Ex-versions directly from P1. When will P1 present the Hush-Catwoman? ;-)
Kindest regards from Germany
Comic69 is offline   Reply With Quote