Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 08-01-2022, 12:10 PM   #1021
lighterheaven
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

More actual product photos from ebay listings..

Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpeg
Views:	169
Size:	186.8 KB
ID:	152466

Name:	s-l1600a.jpeg
Views:	130
Size:	176.7 KB
ID:	152467

Name:	s-l1600aa.jpeg
Views:	104
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	152468

Name:	s-l1600aaa.jpeg
Views:	99
Size:	181.0 KB
ID:	152469

Name:	s-l1600aaaa.jpeg
Views:	1021
Size:	176.9 KB
ID:	152470

Name:	s-l1600b.jpeg
Views:	124
Size:	244.2 KB
ID:	152471

Name:	s-l1600bb.jpeg
Views:	106
Size:	217.1 KB
ID:	152472

Name:	s-l1600bbb.jpeg
Views:	112
Size:	166.6 KB
ID:	152473
lighterheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 12:33 PM   #1022
Markhatestoys
Justice League

I know it was on the poster, but they shouldn't have chosen this pose. The White Widow version looks less awkward with it, but the head looking upward still does neither statue any favors.
Markhatestoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 12:54 PM   #1023
lighterheaven
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I think the one to blame is how they painted the eyes. She should be looking/staring a bit lower just like in the poster, instead of looking at the same direction as her head (straight up).

Repaint the eyes to be as similar as the poster, and this piece is badass!
lighterheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 02:04 PM   #1024
ukshaun
Hercules

LOADING: Image(s)

While there is nothing wrong with the factory level paint app, it is obvious, the portrait paint app of the proto looked next level, and pulled out all the stops to make up for a head sculpt that was not on point when it came to actor likeness.

I have nothing against the pose. It is the head sculpt that throws the pose off. I cannot get over how they failed to study the outfit detail more thoroughly.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 02:27 PM   #1025
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post

LOADING: Image(s)

While there is nothing wrong with the factory level paint app, it is obvious, the portrait paint app of the proto looked next level, and pulled out all the stops to make up for a head sculpt that was not on point when it came to actor likeness.

I have nothing against the pose. It is the head sculpt that throws the pose off. I cannot get over how they failed to study the outfit detail more thoroughly.
This is the picture I was going to post to comment on. The nostrils are outrageous. They look too big?

Maybe it looks better in person, like most statues do, but yea pose on this combined with the odd facial expression just doesn't do it for me.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 02:28 PM   #1026
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

There does seem to be something off about the eyes, they almost look googly too me. This is something that was slightly apparent about the proto too

Am still getting the white one as it's different to her other suits, am hoping playing with lighting improves how it looks
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 03:58 PM   #1027
pdenham
Teen Titans

I dunno...they look fine to me.

These are still consumer photos- subject to not ideal lighting and lens distortion.

And no matter what an anecdotal sampling look like, all that matters is the one(s) I receive in hand.

If I think mine looks fine, I'll consider it a success.

If anything, these are the first pics I've seen where I honestly prefer the white suit overall. I'd been leaning more towards the black after ordering, but this is the first time I think I'll be fine with just sticking with the white.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 04:37 PM   #1028
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

I agree - these pictures were taken by a crab clawed pirate with eye patches over both eyes.....terrible.

And still, despite that obvious hurdle, the piece still looks great. Nothing improves the likeness to Scar Jo (to my eyes), but I've always maintained that it's a gorgeous piece in and of itself.

I genuinely hope there ARE collectors out there that see a greater resemblance to the actress than I do. I would happily display this piece as a "random" Sci Fi female assassin and be completely satisfied. I know we pay extra $$$ for the Marvel license etc.....but when the art and execution is this good, I'd be happy to pay the extra.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 06:14 PM   #1029
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

These look pretty good, solid likeness and paint, and not detecting googly eyes. I prefer the white, like the hair better on that one.
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 07:19 PM   #1030
nearmint
Phoenix

Sad that the first in-hand pics we get are from eBay.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote