Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 03-03-2006, 10:04 PM   #1
Doc Sonic
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Getting Married and I'm Broke

I'm getting married this May.It's going to be a small wedding and we have a very small budget. I'm hoping some of you may know a amatuer/professional photographer and also a DJ in the New England area who may be able to provide some limited services cheaply. I've been doing net searches without much sucess. I never knew this stuff cost so much.

I'd appreciate any help!

Thanks!
Doc Sonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 10:12 PM   #2
Avenger
Galactus

Congrats DocS. Sorry can't help.
Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 10:25 PM   #3
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Sonic
I'm getting married this May.It's going to be a small wedding and we have a very small budget. I'm hoping some of you may know a amatuer/professional photographer and also a DJ in the New England area who may be able to provide some limited services cheaply. I've been doing net searches without much sucess. I never knew this stuff cost so much.

I'd appreciate any help!

Thanks!

I swear planning a wedding was the worst experience in my life. I just wanted to go to a Vegas drive through wedding with an Elvis imitator priest
As for the photographer, you get what you pay for. You have my sympathies
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:07 PM   #4
fossa

i MAY be able to help you out. i will talk to a friend of mine (here in NY). i don't know if he travels out of state to do his gigs or not. if he does i will post here to LYK.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:14 PM   #5
pablocruze
Minister of GORE/ROT Mod Relations

Quote:

I'd appreciate any help!

Thanks!
You think getting married is expensive?

You ain't seen nothing yet...BEING married is expensive!!!
pablocruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:21 PM   #6
pablocruze

Seriously though...keep looking around...I don't know much about New England, but here in CA you can find a decent DJ for $400.00-$500.00.

As far as photographers go...interview a few. The real cost is in the number of pictures you buy in the end. For a budget of $500.00 you could probably get the photographer's time and most of the main pictures...B&G in chapel, B&G and Family, B&G and wedding party, Tossing bouquet, tossing garter, cutting cake. It doesn't matter how many the photog takes as much as how many you order...plus...if Mom and Dad, Aunt and Uncle want copies, they can buy their own.

For reception pictures, just buy a bunch of disposable cameras and put one at each table. The guests will take lots of candid pics and, amid the crappy ones, you'll get some really good ones too.

Hope that helps...
Old 03-04-2006, 12:20 AM   #7
Doc Sonic
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Thanks to everyone for the info so far.

DJ's we might be able to get in the 400-500 range. But at that price the selection is very slim. Most charge way higher than that. I was hoping to find someone who does it on the side who might take a little less.

Photographers are outrageous. The cheapest I've seen so far is 650. Again, I was hoping to get someone who does it as a hobby because we want less than 20 pictures. We've got the disposible cameras ordered already for the reception so it'd just be some shots of the service and a few posed shots afterward.
Old 03-04-2006, 12:23 AM   #8
pablocruze

Quote:
Thanks to everyone for the info so far.

DJ's we might be able to get in the 400-500 range. But at that price the selection is very slim. Most charge way higher than that. I was hoping to find someone who does it on the side who might take a little less.

Photographers are outrageous. The cheapest I've seen so far is 650. Again, I was hoping to get someone who does it as a hobby because we want less than 20 pictures. We've got the disposible cameras ordered already for the reception so it'd just be some shots of the service and a few posed shots afterward.
Negotiate...they can only say no...
Old 03-04-2006, 12:33 AM   #9
DDura711
Kindly Asked To Leave

Here I got a simple one. RUN!!!!!
TAKE THE MONEY YOU HAVE SAVED UP AND GO TO HEDONISM!

But really, I tell everyone the same thing.
There is one food that will kill the sexual appetite of any woman. Wedding Cake.

Sorry I can't help you out on how to plan your wedding but I can give you ideas how to fake your death.
Good Luck and enjoy.
DDura711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 12:34 AM   #10
Doc Sonic
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDura711
Here I got a simple one. RUN!!!!!
TAKE THE MONEY YOU HAVE SAVED UP AND GO TO HEDONISM!

But really, I tell everyone the same thing.
There is one food that will kill the sexual appetite of any woman. Wedding Cake.

Sorry I can't help you out on how to plan your wedding but I can give you ideas how to fake your death.
Good Luck and enjoy.

I kind of feel obligated to go through with it now since she dropped the restraining order. It was a brave move on her part and I feel I owe her.