Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 11-22-2014, 05:53 AM   #4321
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I don't care if Aspen produces reprints so as long as it's marked OP or something like that. I met Frank when he was in Vancouver a couple years back. I bought 5 prints and 2 of those was Supergirl & Storm. I don't know if those are reprints or not but Im very happy getting them.

I've always been a strong supporter of Aspen since they replaced the Kiani bases at their own expense. No company would do this after the statue was released 2 years earlier. They also shipped the replacement base at their own cost. They lost so much $$$. That's saying a lot in my books...

I'm also happy that Frank was willing to work with me on getting the Soulfire Grace matching pair statues.

If you guys don't like how they are running there business, then you don't have to buy from them. I stop buying Image comics a decade ago when they flooded the market with variant covers. I didn't bash the company, I simply walked away.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 09:05 PM   #4322
frankm
Aspen Comics
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda III. View Post
Hi Frank,

Could you please contact Becky or Chris regarding the request id #905. My replacement prints and the missing prints from the last order should be send to me from your main office. Becky told me that she wanted to send me a tracking number on 10/14 or 10/15 latest. Unfortunatelly I didn't got any information nor a tracking # since then.

I hope we can work this out before the black friday madness starts again.

Thank you,
Enrico

Enrico,

I spoke with Chris about this and he said he's going to have Becky look into it on Monday for you. If you don't hear anything back early next week, please let me know.
frankm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 09:25 PM   #4323
frankm
Aspen Comics
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber-Lip View Post
Seems like whenever there's a simple problem with an order that could be resolved very easily, it requires a herculean effort on the customer's part to get it resolved.
Not sure if that's completely accurate because Chris, Becky and everyone else at our store work hard every day to help out our customers with any problems that may come up. They process hundreds of orders every week so I feel their track record is pretty good. We try to provide everyone with the same amount of attention and respond to any problems with resolutions and answers as soon as we have them. A herculean effort as you said shouldn't be required and for what it's worth, I think our percentage of problem free orders throughout the year completely dwarfs any that do come up. Regardless, we'll continue to try our best to prevent them.
Old 11-22-2014, 09:28 PM   #4324
frankm
Aspen Comics
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choyli-fut75 View Post
Most of the new prints look like they were finger-painted by trained monkeys.
Uh oh, you're on to us!

Last edited by frankm; 11-22-2014 at 09:49 PM.
Old 11-22-2014, 09:30 PM   #4325
frankm
Aspen Comics
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
I don't care if Aspen produces reprints so as long as it's marked OP or something like that. I met Frank when he was in Vancouver a couple years back. I bought 5 prints and 2 of those was Supergirl & Storm. I don't know if those are reprints or not but Im very happy getting them.

I've always been a strong supporter of Aspen since they replaced the Kiani bases at their own expense. No company would do this after the statue was released 2 years earlier. They also shipped the replacement base at their own cost. They lost so much $$$. That's saying a lot in my books...

I'm also happy that Frank was willing to work with me on getting the Soulfire Grace matching pair statues.

If you guys don't like how they are running there business, then you don't have to buy from them. I stop buying Image comics a decade ago when they flooded the market with variant covers. I didn't bash the company, I simply walked away.
Yeah, the Kiani statue was definitely a tough, unexpected situation, but we did the best we could to fix it. Thanks for the kind words and support over the years!
Old 11-24-2014, 08:49 AM   #4326
Choyli-fut75
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:

Hey more power to ya.What ever helps you sleep better at night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choyli-fut75 View Post
Most of the new prints look like they were finger-painted by trained monkeys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankm View Post
Uh oh, you're on to us!
Not just me Slick.
Choyli-fut75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 04:04 PM   #4327
mdk12208
Frackin!

ch

wi
mdk12208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 05:14 PM   #4328
Yoda III.

Happy Thanksgiving Day to all of you.

Nearly all special prints are online with pictures @aspenstore.com (still out of stock of course) and I really like what I see.

And I am really excited about this years Holiday print.

Quote:
Enrico,

I spoke with Chris about this and he said he's going to have Becky look into it on Monday for you. If you don't hear anything back early next week, please let me know.
Thank you. I just send you a PM
Yoda III. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 05:57 PM   #4329
Yoda III.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber-Lip View Post
Seems like whenever there's a simple problem with an order that could be resolved very easily, it requires a herculean effort on the customer's part to get it resolved.
I am sorry, but this is definitively not the case this time.

I ordered a lot of prints and comic books during a long period ( could be more than half a year) and asked Becky and Chris whether they could put them on hold to save shipping costs ( Shipping to Europe is really expensive).

Unfortunatelly, among these orders were two old prints that were marked "in stock" but are indeed sold out for a long time.

Instead of just saying "oops" and refund the two prints Becky and Chris decided to do a complete inventory of their prints to find these two. Some of you might remember the post on facebook with the list of warehouse finds earlier this year. This was the result of the inventory.
Unfortunatelly my two prints weren't among them.

For one of these Chris arranged it that I would get the Michael Turner signed AP version of the print from Aspens main office.

Meanwhile my big package with the other prints arrived and sadly one had some bad printer marks on it and 2 others were just missing.But I ordered these two twice within different orders ( because I forgot that I had already ordered them earlier), so this is something I totally understand that it can happen sometimes.

Becky decided to send the missing prints to Aspens main office, so that these, the reprint of the print with the printer marks and the AP print could be send out together ( as I mentioned shipping prints to Europe is expensive).

Now I just need a tracking # or an information whether the package is already on its way or not.

So yes, there was a mistake with the wrong in stock status in the beginning and with the printer marks that shouldn't have passed the QC, but Becky and Chris did everything they could to make up for this.

In my oppinion Aspen and Aspenstore still have one of the best customer services among all the comicbook and nerd shops in the internet.
Yoda III. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 04:09 PM   #4330
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Hi Scott,

My apologies, but it seems there's a bunch of miscommunication that went on. I have your original emails from August, and I also have Chris' responses to them at that time. I don't have any other emails from you since then. The first I heard you were waiting for a reply was last week when you contacted Vince on our FB page. Right after that, I spoke with Megan and she said she contacted you in regards to your prints. I'm sorry you needed to come on here to vent since several people like to pile on. As far as I knew, everything for you was being taken care of. Myself and everyone here certainly appreciates your support over the years. My apologies if you felt we weren't paying our due diligence to you and the prints you purchased. Regardless of how some people like to try and tear us down in here, we always strive to provide great customer service and be reachable for all of our fans and customers. If I'm still missing something beyond that, please let me know. If you want to email me directly, I'll get back to you right away. As of right now, I've been told you've been communicating back and forth with Megan and everything is being taken care of. Thanks.
I am sorry, but I just have a HUGE problem with the whole "people like to tear us down" nonsense, as if to suggest that Aspen is some sort of victim here and that we get some sort of enjoyment out of making these kinds of posts. Were the victims here Frank, not Aspen. What people like to do on these forums is actually collect prints and statues. Thats why people are here.

Here is an idea Frank, why don't you actually try and do something about all of the complaints and all of the negativity? Here is exactly what I would do if I were in your position:

#1 - I would get rid of all of your unethical and abusive business practices including the trickle releasing of new DC/Marvel prints. I would start conducting business like a retailer, not a second hand seller.

#2 - I would lower your prices back down to a reasonable level ($29.99 to $39.99 for prints).

#3 - I would swear to never issue another recolor/reprint ever again. I would go back to Aspen's original methodology for selling prints, that being the original release and a possible OP print at a later date. Thats it, period. I would put that in writing, right up on Aspen's website.

#4 - I would mail out some free DC/Marvel prints to everyone, as a way of apologizing for the fact that the DC/Marvel prints were misrepresented as limited editions when they were in fact open editions.

#5 - Instead of getting defensive and denying any wrong doing, I would issue a formal apology to every last collector out there for the reckless and irresponsible business decisions that have had such an adverse effect on the Aspen print market. I would then promise to do a much better job in the future.

You do those 5 things and there is actually a chance that Aspen could turn things around. Address the problems, take responsibility for the mistakes, and offer up some freebies as a way of moving forward. Even I would be tempted to come back if you honestly took such steps. Of course, we both know you won't do any of these things, let alone all of them. You will continue on as you have and Aspen will continue to go down the toilet, which is all fine and dandy. Just stop pretending like Aspen is some sort of victim here and is being unfairly judged. You made this bed and now you get to lie in it.

Quote:

Walking away without letting Image know you were unhappy accomplished absolutely nothing. Don't get me wrong, if you don't want to take the time to let a company know what they were doing wrong and why you ultimately stopped buying their merchandise than that is certainly your right, but to expect everyone else to follow in your footsteps....well, that just isn't going to happen. I have always been active in regards to giving proper feedback to the various companies that I support and most companies are thankful for such feedback. In fact, many companies pay good money to acquire that kind of information. I actually sent out 2 such emails earlier today, one to Best Buy and one to Amazon. I thanked Best Buy for one of the smoothest Black Friday sales I have ever seen and I complained to Amazon as I received an art book earlier today that had a different cover than the one advertised on Amazon's website, the 3rd time that has happened in the last couple of months. Again, if you don't want to take the time to give proper feedback to the companies you support than that is your choice, just don't expect everyone to follow in your footsteps.

As for Aspen, I will be the first to admit that they have great customer service, but that doesn't even begin to make up for everything that has gone down the last 2 years. Not even close. As for reprints, the people who support such practices are ALWAYS the people that wind up benefitting from them. And I guarantee you would feel very differently about Aspen's business methods if you were sitting in my position right now. That much I can guarantee.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote