Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 07-25-2017, 12:20 AM   #751
qz33
Doctor Doom

Another perspective is no one wants to feel like they're getting "LESS" when they buy these things.

If you aren't spending $800+ for a 1/4 scale that's exactly what you are getting.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 12:34 AM   #752
wlvn
Frackin!

Question, still can't figure out which head is the udon and which head is the super street fighter II?
wlvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 12:52 AM   #753
Guilty
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlvn View Post
Question, still can't figure out which head is the udon and which head is the super street fighter II?
Udon

Super Street Fighter II T

Last edited by SARFARAZ; 07-25-2017 at 04:01 AM.
Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 12:55 AM   #754
bonebreak2000
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
I really think a set of hips and a pair of pants would have made a big difference to a not-insignificant number of collectors. Those adds help change the top offering from +$525 for switch-outs for a single quarter-scale statue to offering two full quarter-scale statues.

Perhaps some others just aren't in the market so soon after receiving their third-scale Akuma's.

I'm in the same camp in that maybe I'll consider a regular down the line as well. Doing so will also allow some time to see what other Akuma offerings look like - Prototypez has been working on one, and I'd imagine Akuma would be one of the very first characters that P1 will tackle.

It would have for me for sure. I passed on this. First SF item I've passed on in a long time from PCS.

This is coming from someone that plays SFV weekly and plays Akuma about 1/3 of the time.... I'm the target audience for this. Yet there wasnt a single package (out of 4 mind you) that made sense to me.

If the Flaming base was sold with a single head Akuma I would have pre ordered it. I cant help but feel that the plain black base was made for the regulars just to make people want to spend 1k to avoid it. For me it made me not want any of them. Its 2017, I thought we were past the black base for these...

I could have found a way to justify the 1k mark if it did have the spare hips.

I have a spare body for my XM mark 42 and I display one up on the self with the stark face and one in a different spot in the room with the helmet one. All the swap-able parts make it possible.

Its just a waste with this thing. I saw more than one collector saying they would be looking for a spare set of hips. Yeah them and everyone else that just shelled out 800-1k.
bonebreak2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 01:09 AM   #755
Bolo2002b
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I think this is the first time CBG and sideshowjoe aint here to comment on this sale. Did they get banned???
Bolo2002b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 01:13 AM   #756
wlvn
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilty View Post
Udon

Super Street Fighter II T

I see. Thanks man.
wlvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 01:36 AM   #757
godgoh
The Spirit

The super street fighter II Turbo head looks a bit too big for that body. Wonder if they can shrink it down to make it look like that pic.
godgoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 02:16 AM   #758
GenoToys
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Not trying to be that guy...but I think the Udon head's eyes look better like this.
GenoToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 02:49 AM   #759
Klear Knives
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Man I cannot wait for this statue! Awesome!!!
Klear Knives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 05:35 AM   #760
carty1983
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonebreak2000 View Post
It would have for me for sure. I passed on this. First SF item I've passed on in a long time from PCS.

This is coming from someone that plays SFV weekly and plays Akuma about 1/3 of the time.... I'm the target audience for this. Yet there wasnt a single package (out of 4 mind you) that made sense to me.

If the Flaming base was sold with a single head Akuma I would have pre ordered it. I cant help but feel that the plain black base was made for the regulars just to make people want to spend 1k to avoid it. For me it made me not want any of them. Its 2017, I thought we were past the black base for these...

I could have found a way to justify the 1k mark if it did have the spare hips.

I have a spare body for my XM mark 42 and I display one up on the self with the stark face and one in a different spot in the room with the helmet one. All the swap-able parts make it possible.

Its just a waste with this thing. I saw more than one collector saying they would be looking for a spare set of hips. Yeah them and everyone else that just shelled out 800-1k.
maybe its just me butt i still like the plain black bases more i just think its classier and makes the character on the base look better, some poses look better on the ultra bases but i think this Akuma looks better on the black base than the base with all the fire
carty1983 is offline   Reply With Quote