Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-24-2017, 11:34 PM   #251
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
I hope they go back to the drawing board with this one. I highly doubt it though.
They cancelled the LSF catwomen, this will likely follow suit once they see how poor the reception is.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 11:37 PM   #252
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

I really liked LSF catwoman, was so disappointed when they canceled it.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 03:15 PM   #253
forps
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

So

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Hey Alex, Welcome back from SDCC. Many people think the Batman Legendary scale figure needs changes, I think it could make him great as well if the Pose, Armored Gauntlets and Belt were modified.
Do you think the Sideshow Design team might consider making the changes?

This piece was reviewed again this week and no changes are expected to be done to it. My subjective opinion is that this piece has a good pose, costume, and so on BUT I fully realize other's would subjectively have a different opinion about it.

Wow, Sideshow ! Simply WOW! What Josh was actually trying to say is the following.

"Mixed media are perfect, the head sculpt is good, but please change the pose and especially the position of the arms. It would then be a rather nice LSF".

So Alex answered that Sideshow actually reviewed the piece AFTER SDCC and they decided to make ZERO changes. So Sideshow actually answered to our feedback.

"We dont give a ...k. We are the best, we are Sideshow. Take it or leave it".

Its that elitistic attitude Sideshow has. Sideshow is rather stubborn and has that belief that only SHE knows better. The same was the case with Hulk LSB. Im actually gathering all of the remarks numerous guys made for that and its height on facebook or other social media or forums. Over 70 guys complained but Sideshow

OBVIOUSLY KNEW BETTER.

Why to give us a Hulk LSB to look like Hulk and not like a short cousin of Deadpool LSB or Joker LSB ? No need for that. Sideshow knows better. The average Joe collector wants his LSBs inside a Besta. Sideshow knows better.

Hey, Sideshow, LSB collectors dont give a ...k if a LSB fits inside a Besta. Lord of Darkness doesnt fit and it trades for 4k-5k. Lycan LSB doesnt fit and it trades for 4k. Medusa LSB doesnt fit and it trades for 3k. Predalien LSB also and it trades for 4k. Robocop LSB also and it trades for 3.5k We simply wanted a Hulk LSB TOWERING other LSBs. As qz33 or Atheris said, we CANT AFFORD having a Hulk LSB shorter than our other LSBs.

The same with this Batman LSF. Josh simply implied that Sideshow should change the pose, the other things (mixed media, suit or the head sculpt) are nice, but Sideshow OBVIOUSLY KNOWS BETTER. No change is needed. If this LSF sells more than 100 pieces, it is going to be a miracle.

Ahh and Sideshow. For your Joker LSF, no need to find something fancy, something cheesy. Simple take the MASTERPIECE, the 1st Joker PFF and make it 1/2 scale. PLEASE.....Batman LSF is a disaster, no need for Joker LSF to be a disaster too...
forps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 03:31 PM   #254
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

While normally, Forps, I disagree with you, in this one instance, I agree.

The initial dumbstruck of seeing a comic Batman in 1/2 scale has worn off, so now I'm thinking that for my money, the 2.5k or more, I'm probably going to spend getting a Batman LSF, it needs to be mindblowing. It's pretty much that simple.

Since this is an a decent Batman in post and sculpt, I can't justify paying 2.5k+. So unless improvements are made, I'm out.

Oh and for your comments on the Joker, since I can't have Batman, no need for Joker, so they probably lost out on $5k just like that.

Don't let this little agreement go to your head Forps, it's probably only going to happen once in a blue moon.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 03:36 PM   #255
forps

Quote:

The initial dumbstruck of seeing a comic Batman in 1/2 scale has worn off, so now I'm thinking that for my money, the 2.5k or more, I'm probably going to spend getting a Batman LSF, it needs to be mindblowing. It's pretty much that simple.

Since this is an a decent Batman in post and sculpt, I can't justify paying 2.5k+. So unless improvements are made, I'm out.

Oh and for your comments on the Joker, since I can't have Batman, no need for Joker, so they probably lost out on $5k just like that.

Don't let this little agreement go to your head Forps, it's probably only going to happen once in a blue moon.

You were trying to say to Sideshow.

'Guys, noone has a problem with the mixed media you used. The head sculpt is also nice (although an overly used expression, it fits Batman).Sideshow, please, PLEASE, consider changing the pose a bit. "

You are a clever man, you expressed what 100% (not even 99%, but 100% of fans were saying) but as always

Sideshow knows better. No change of pose is needed.
Old 07-31-2017, 03:39 PM   #256
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:

The disdain is palpable.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 03:43 PM   #257
SONICobra
Batman

forps please tell me you have a handlebar mustache and rock a monocle on the regular, i just have this visual every time i see your posts
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 03:58 PM   #258
forps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
The disdain is palpable.

Old 07-31-2017, 04:01 PM   #259
forps

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
forps please tell me you have a handlebar mustache and rock a monocle on the regular, i just have this visual every time i see your posts
Well........maybe....

SONICobra, just fyi. I love your posts and your character. Always calm. You and Python are a treasure for this forum. The same applies to COI (probably the best moderator) and Josh (sometimes.....his only mistake is that he takes things too serious sometimes. This is just a forum for a hobby regarding "toys"....When he calms down and gets the "humour" behind some posts, he is perfect).

But SONICobra, Python and SoliqLiqui...are my personal favourite members. Ah and ComicBookGuy, my alter ego, my brother!
Old 07-31-2017, 04:24 PM   #260
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

Forps, I agree with you but I still like it and will probably be one of the 100 you speak of,

And as stated before I want the Trinity and have no interest in another joker. Both PFs are great and already demand enough attention within the collection.
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote