Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 04-01-2014, 06:37 AM   #21
A Cimmerian
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

This is sculpted by Arahom himself.
A Cimmerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 07:56 AM   #22
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnShinNoi View Post
A few reasons actually.

Starting with the base. It's very generic. A cone shaped coral formation, a patch of seaweed, a fish and a turtle. No creativity whatsoever. No artistic flair. Just something unnecessarily telling us they're in the ocean.

Twin mermaids is like owning 2 of the same statue. Something I don't and never will do. Their design is also, like the base, uncreative. The way the body flows into the tail does not look believable. It's as though they're wearing costumed tails.

Now the pose. I don't find it very alluring. It's like they're holding their tits solely for the sake of holding their tits. There's no playful innocence or gracefulness. It feels like an adult magazine shoot.

Finally, there's no feeling of movement. No flowing ocean current or floatiness. It's all very static.
A really good observation and valid arguments. While I did not bother looking that hard before reading your post, the first thing I got was exactly the 'tits' part of your argument.

Why put the hand there when it's barely covering one and totally missed the other? The other was just making a push-up bra with her hand. Well, I'm not sure if the artist was going for a little playful seduction or a pair of surprised girls covering their modesty.

Anyway it's a nice subject matter and one naughty ARH boys would like. It's not for me though but I would like to see how they progress.
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:21 AM   #23
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

with all do fairness. from what i see its still a digital render. so it might not be completely finished and there could be more added to the piece as far as details and such. i just find it awkward that they are even trying to cover up their breasts like they are embarrassed that they are naked. i dont think that the mermaids would care of their breasts were showing. for it wold be natural to them being naked. plus the one on the left looks like she is getting off on her touching herself. lol
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 01:50 PM   #24
dechirico7
The Flash

I think it has potential. They need to redo the arm poses. Also, giving each mermaid a different look and personality would make more sense. Right now they look too alike. I get that ARH likes to do booby statues for their collectors, but I think they would be sexier covered up.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:46 PM   #25
DynamicMenace

yeah good call D. give it some diversity. def needs that for sure.
ARH usually does do that covering of the boobs. a removable covering of some sort. scallop shells..
Old 04-02-2014, 04:24 PM   #26
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

For those interested here are some digitals off of SM with some changes that look to be more appealing.

wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:35 PM   #27
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Poseidon's daughters!
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:09 PM   #28
DynamicMenace

thats a good way to look at it.that would explain them looking alike. it is looking better. but i still dont like the hand/arm positions. they should be in a different position as though they are not ashamed or embarrassed that they are naked.
plus the one on the left looks like she is groping herself.
the arms should be out to their sides like they are treading water.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:50 PM   #29
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

More updates on this piece. ARH seems to be utilizing the comments from forum members with good results.

With Breast covers

Without
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 05:36 PM   #30
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I like the color and its starting to look very good.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote