Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-20-2014, 07:49 AM   #3121
BarrelCannon
Nightwing

I saw a regular red sonja on sale at an LCS yesterday. The color difference between the head and body was huge. I never truly understood everyones complaints all that much because my one came out amazing and i assumed the differences were slight and the board members were just exaggerating their complaints. Shame the quality control on the paint app was this uneven on the piece (especially one as stellar as this)
BarrelCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 11:48 AM   #3122
Fremen
Birds of Prey

Very nice job on the eyes.
Fremen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 12:54 PM   #3123
Kane009
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Shane, I like the new eyes, too! Great job!
Kane009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 02:53 PM   #3124
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
Just finished up the eyes on my replacement head and all I can say is wow. What a difference it makes. It really brings the piece to life and looks much more like the proto. I encourage anyone who thinks they could pull this off to go and get some eye decals. I'm gonna be ordering more of them and likely doing more of my collection. I think this came out amazing, but I'll let you guys judge for yourselves.

On another note. I hate that we have to do this and sideshow needs to get their act together when it comes to this. There's no reason they couldn't have used the exact same, or at least very similar eye decals in their production.
Nice job Shane! Your eye decals really did improve on her facial features 1000x over. The close up shots really look good and hold up nicely.

As for your complaint, I agree. With the cost as high as it is, they should have easily included the decals, if not applied to the final piece.

It makes you wonder if anyone over there is in charge of quality control or do they simply chalk it up as part of the production process.

Anyhoo, I will definitely consider a decal purchase for my eyes too now.
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 10:08 PM   #3125
Hemooo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

pretty late to the RS party, received mine a while ago and finally had the chance to put her together, looks sweet!!

Hemooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 11:45 PM   #3126
Thor57
Teen Titans

You guys have got me nervous as hell. Mine is sitting at the house but I cant open for another 5 weeks give or take. It seems there were two batches sent out, and if I get a bad one, I'm stuck with it. Hopefully is something is off, or wrong SS will work with me.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 12:02 AM   #3127
risingstar
Jedi Order

Nice pics Hemooo!
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 03:57 AM   #3128
Hemooo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Nice pics Hemooo!
thanks a lot, glad u like it
Hemooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 03:00 PM   #3129
Dave Mac
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Finally got see my ex in hand and it is a beautiful piece which I am glad to own.
Main gripe is not so much the skin tone, as light really does add/ subtract to it, but the chainmail bikini seems a dull aluminium colour to me. It should be bright and eye catching as polished steel in my mind. Plus there are the usually bits of slight under paint/over paint typical of a quick turnaround piece.

Not a piece for close inspection, but a great looking display piece in my lowish set of standards, despite the minor flaws.

We know the issues around QC, but standing firm and saying 'Not up to standard. Take it back' proves hard when it's in hand and the positives out weigh the easily corrected negatives.

P.s I had to swap the sword sheath around on the belt as it had been threaded on back to front on the assembly line. Nice use of chains n straps
Dave Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 04:39 PM   #3130
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Hemooo...your RS pics are looking good! Congrats my man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
You guys have got me nervous as hell. Mine is sitting at the house but I cant open for another 5 weeks give or take. It seems there were two batches sent out, and if I get a bad one, I'm stuck with it. Hopefully is something is off, or wrong SS will work with me.
Assume the worst and you won't be disappointed.
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote