Old 10-18-2014, 06:17 AM   #142
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

...dat dog alien.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 06:21 AM   #143
Python
Omega Red

There's a gang you wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley... Congratulations.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 03:08 PM   #144
Python
Omega Red

Still loving this guy, tried a few night shots to try and capture his creepy/mysterious nature, I think I need to invest in some proper lighting..

Also need to clear that blob of paint above his eye, it's tiny in reality so haven't bothered yet.

Old 03-21-2015, 05:46 PM   #145
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Well I finally had the time to pick this one up. I just got him in last night. Didn't get the exclusive, but as I was opening the BBTS brown shipper, it was a pretty cool feeling to see the Sideshow shipper box had red X's drawn all over, indicating I had an edition number lower than 100.

Just want to thank Ridley Scott for the making of an awesome movie. A lot of the technical sci-fi nerds didn't like the movie, because it didn't make sense and it didn't answer the questions they had. Whatever nerds. It was a great movie. Great acting, creepy, and kept me on the edge.

I'd also like to thank the collectors for posting all their great photos in here, specifically Python and Fremen for those awesome outside shots. You guys prompted me to hurry up and finally buy this before it's gone. This is the first of my Alien collection, and what a gnarly piece it is. It's so well done....everywhere.

It's hard to believe that the Sideshow of today could actually pull this off, but they did. Thank you, Sideshow. The Engineer is gigantic at fifth scale. I can only imagine the size of him if they decided to go all out for quarter scale.

AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 05:47 PM   #146
AlizAbef

Old 03-21-2015, 05:57 PM   #147
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
I'd also like to thank the collectors for posting all their great photos in here, specifically Python and Fremen for those awesome outside shots. You guys prompted me to hurry up and finally buy this before it's gone. This is the first of my Alien collection, and what a gnarly piece it is. It's so well done....everywhere.
You're welcome buddy, glad I could help. I agree with everything you said, the movie is great, and despite the leg design this statue is simply amazing, my favorite piece of last year and one of my favorite collectibles of everything I own. I can't believe it is still available! very underrated statue. Looks like you got a real nice one as well. I'll get some better pictures of mine soon. It's been a while and he's deserving of more. I love how the paint tones change in different lighting, he's just awesome..

Old 03-21-2015, 06:22 PM   #148
AlizAbef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
You're welcome buddy, glad I could help. I agree with everything you said, the movie is great, and despite the leg design this statue is simply amazing, my favorite piece of last year and one of my favorite collectibles of everything I own. I can't believe it is still available! very underrated statue. Looks like you got a real nice one as well. I'll get some better pictures of mine soon. It's been a while and he's deserving of more. I love how the paint tones change in different lighting, he's just awesome.
Haha very VERY underrated! I can't believe he's still available either. This one should've been gone as soon as it came out, but believe me, collectors who don't pick him up now are gonna be regretting it later when he's finally gone....especially when that sequel comes out.

Collectors want Xenomorphs for their collection, I get it, so do I, but this one is not to be ignored. It's done way too good and he's huge at 1/5th. He's bigger than my 1/4 scale classic Iron Man Comi, and IM is standing on a 2.5" base, while the Engineer is standing on a 1" base.

Great new photos, Python. Thanks for sharing.

Collectors should get this guy while they can and while he's still under $400. He might not be a Xenomorph, but he's just as good and detailed as any older Sideshow Xenomorph statue out there.
Old 03-23-2015, 05:54 AM   #149
Max Shreck
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Yep, I love this piece as well. I don't have it, but I still might just pull the trigger on it at some point. The sculpt simply blows my mind.
Max Shreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 09:24 AM   #150
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Yup, awesome details.
Too bad I can't pass over the scale. I'd love to display this thing with the Big Chap, but the size difference would bug me.
In hindsight, this could be a good pick for the future Space Jockey maquette, it should be more in scale with that one.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote