Kindly Asked To Leave

A Hicks PF would be awesome
Loops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 12:39 PM   #13
psimon
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by toty21 View Post
Yes, the Alien/Aliens/Alien3 maquettes and 1:1 busts need another re-visit.
THIS!!
psimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 05:44 PM   #14
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
well they have the license. or they wouldn't be making LSB.
but i would much rather have an Alien Queen PF or maquette and an Alien Big Chap 1/4 scale PF or maquette.
Isn't the Big Chap Maquette 1/4 already?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
The 1/4 was huge already though, any bigger might actually put people off unless the pose is clever enough to offer a manageable footprint. The Alien makes a habit of hiding, it's what he does. I thought SS did a real nice job of the first maquette, hand and all. I'd really love to get one at some point, one of my bigger regrets in the hobby was missing out on that one.
I do have received mine, bro, the one with cracked dome (and I think you might be right - the previous owner could have bought it from the UK, there was a UK label attached to the box under the tape).
To be honest, I wasn't SO impressed with it at first, I kept it a couple of days and began to grow on me, I agree with you, the pose is perfect imho, too many people tend to forget that the first Alien is more of a suspence movie and the Big Chap is a creepy and lurky beast. I wouldn't like it in a full action pose.
Now I'm having it repaired and... improved. In 3-4 weeks I should be able to show something

I do agree that I'd like to see more Alien pieces, and Predator too, possibly with reasonable price points. The 1/5 small statues are quite lackluster, useless, I'd dare to say.
I can't see a better version of the Big Chap (after I have my modifications done to the one I own ), and most of all I can't see a better version of the Dog Alien: the Sideshow Maquette is definitely my dream piece, I wish I'll be able to own it one day. It's all kind of amazing, the flawless depiction of my favourite Xenomorph, crafted starting by the very model used in the movie, in 1/3 scale. It's the perfection made as statue.
On the other hand, I can definitely see a revisit of the Alien Warrior, I was never into the Maquette, wouldn't buy it even under retail.

Also, I wouldn't commit to almost anything outside Xenos. It would take years to have the full marine team assembled and Sideshow would probably just make a pair of them, then drop the project and adios muchachos (quote). It would be a nightmare with the usual problems of nailing the face sculpts of the actors too... just too much of a pain in the a**, I learnt it the hard way with the Mythos line how bad it feels to have a whole line dropped with no future.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 04:50 AM   #15
Python
Omega Red

Glad you like it man, I knew that one sounded familiar. I will get myself one eventually I'm sure. I wouldn't give up on the Mythos line yet, I don't think it has been cancelled so much as put on hold for now. The four they made already are great and very popular, I'm sure SS will be eager to release more.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 07:48 PM   #16
sith_apprentice
The Avengers

It may not be a popular choice, but I'd love a statue of one of the Weyland-Yutani commando guys from the end of Alien 3. I always thought they were cool.
sith_apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 06:34 AM   #17
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sideshow-Big...p2047675.l2557

What do you think about this?
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 06:53 AM   #18
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post