Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-27-2017, 04:38 PM   #6301
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post
Hi Alex.

Will Sideshow continue to utilise PVC when plenty of your customers clearly don't want to spend several hundred dollars on statues/busts using the same materials as $10-20 Funkos and novelty piggy banks?
PVC has been utilized on many products in the past and will be used in certain instances moving forward to capture details, help to prevent breakage, etc. We are moving forward with letting materials be known at the time of Pre-Order, so folks can make an informed decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintproduction View Post
No, I was talking about a Spider man movie version.
Gotcha! Sorry, no movie Spider-Man piece is expected at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.CAP View Post
Thanks for the reply Alex! I appreciate it. Just one more little question?

Can you provide me with a list of every statue currently slated to release over the next 3 years? Just need names and scales.

Thanks a bunch .
Sorry, I don't think you have the right credentials to receive such intel. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Hi Alex. Given the overwhelmingly negative reaction that the Wolf Predator LSB has received. Could you (Sideshow) possibly compile a list of items currently in production that are slated to be totally constructed out of plastic (bases aside where necessary) And going forward, would it be possible to add the very clear description "this item will be fully plastic" The descriptions are vague with their terminology currently. Nobody expected the $650 Wolf to turn up being plastic, we all expected that the dreads would be the plastic part as with the rest of the line. I suspect people would like to know to save themselves the same disappointment. Many thanks.
Moving forward we will be listing materials on product pages and will update materials if they change as well (which does occur in the manufacturing process at times).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statuehunter117 View Post
when will magneto and wolverine PF be up for order?

does sideshow have any plans to get the justice league 1/4 licence?
Both should be up for Pre-Order before the end of this year. *Fingers crossed*

And there currently are no plans to make Justice League movie collectibles but that could always change in the future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenoToys View Post
I want to order the Deadpool Lifesize Bust...Need to wait on some funds to come in...Do you think It'll still be around by next month??

Thank you Alex!
I think you'll be fine! *fingers crossed*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
Hi, SSAlex.I just want to ask, when do you expect a production sample of the Jungle Hunter Predator maquette to arrive at sideshow? Cheers!
Hopefully soon since he's expected to ship anytime between November and January.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
Hi Alex,

Who sculpted the sublime Wolverine PF 2017 version? Thanks.
Several hands took part in this piece - Martin Canale, Rafel Grassetti, Marco Plouffe, Aaron McNaught

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhHaiMark View Post
This is a bit of a silly question but whatever. There's a little card that came with my figure that says 'thank you' in a bunch of different languages. Is that Elvish I spy in bottom left hand corner?

Not silly at all. Languages represented on the card are from the planet Earth. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by captoz View Post
Hi Alex,

In one of your earlier responses you quashed my dreams of seeing an Xmen Beast PF in the near future.

What about my other fave mutant, Nightcrawler? Is he on the cards for a PF anytime soon please or is he still off-limits? Thanks!
I believe Nightcrawler is also off limits for now. I know I'd love a 1/4 Nightcrawler one day though. He's always been one of my favorite X-Men!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancorkill View Post
Hi Alex
I just received Raphael from the TMNT statue line and all turned out fantastic! Any chance Shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady will get added to this line? It would be a shame if there were iconic baddies to go against the turtles.

Thanks!
Sorry, there are no plans to continue the TMNT line beyond the 4 turtles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raas Kaaz View Post
Hi ho Alex,

- I heard you are finalizing an Ashoka Premium Format statue? Any insight on that or more info this?
- any clue when the new Stormtrooper PF will go up ?

Thanksi
Now sure where the rumor was started but there is no Ashoka in the works currently. Maybe in the future though! She's be a great character to see in statue form IMO.

As for the Stormtrooper PF...I currently don't know. The piece was going through tweaks and hasn't been presented as a finished prototype yet. Hopefully it will be done soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokecool View Post
Hi Alex,

I just got my Pepper PF and I love it! amazing piece. Are there plans to continue the line?
As of now there are no plans to do any other characters/versions of Pepper. Glad you like your Pepper PF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovenor View Post
hey Alex,

was just wondering because it dosent specifically say on the website but what is the Xiall bust made out of? Just seems kinda light at 6 lbs

also.. any chance we will see alex ross do a CoTD print?

Thanks!
Xiall will be made of Polystone

And I love the idea of an Alex Ross COTD print! I'll bring up that suggestion to the powers that be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion1981 View Post
Hi Alex, Any chance to get a new Pumpkinhead Statue? Maybe Legendary Scale Figure? The First pumpkinhead maquette is a masterpiece but only 150 pieces. That would be awesome
Sorry but Sideshow does not have the license to make Pumpkinhead items, so there are no plans for anything new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post
How long does it take Sideshow to respond to an issue once it's been queried. I spoke to customer service regarding a replacement last Wednesday, was issued a number, and nothing since.

Since this is my first time ever dealing with Sideshow CS, i don't know the turnaround time.
You should hear back within 2 to 3 business days. Have you still not heard back? If you haven't, please do PM your name, email address and number your were given and I will check into it to get a progress update of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan_gfx View Post
Hey Alex i have two question for you

- any info when we see the new Leia PF?
- is there a new Iron Man LiSB in work?
More than likely she'll be unveiled early next year.

I'm not sure the exact product size you're referencing but there currently is no Legendary of Life-Size Bust Iron Man products in the works but maybe in the future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM4Life View Post
Does sideshow ever plan on making a 1/4 Michael Myers from the original Halloween anytime soon?
Sideshow still doesn't have the Halloween license, so nothing Michael Meyers at this time. I know there are a few folks around here that would love to tackle him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
Having a lot of fun during Spooktacular. Please thank the propped people involved.
Glad you're having fun! I hope you've been grabbing codes, deals and entering giveaways. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
alex, can you please talk to the powers that be and run a few questions by them:

in regards to the swamp thing maquette being made of vinyl are extra precautions being taken to ensure the longevity of the statue? my concern is the statue warping or leaning over time

also the item description says it is made from both vinyl and pvc, as pvc is a type of vinyl is this made of more than one type and if so why?

i WANT to be ok with this, i would like someone to educate me and make me feel better about the materials being used to produce this. i understand pvc can "capture better details" than polystone but after seeing the recent predator bust with seam lines, dulled details and warped wobbly heads my concern is very real. thanks for any insight you can give
The materials being used for Swamp Thing will have the exact same longevity as Polystone. Of course leaving it in direct sunlight (or a fish tank, or outside...yes, people have done this) or extreme weather conditions is highly discouraged (but we also discourage that with any collectible no matter the material it is made from).

PVC and Vinyl are of the same family but have some differences. We put up an article recently in which we detail what each material is and just some of their uses here: Materials

Swamp Thing is being produced at a Japanese factory that we are confident will give collector's an amazing piece to have in hand for their collection. That said,s as I have told others in the past with past products, if they (you) have any hesitation on hitting that Pre-Order button now then don't. I certainly don't want you or anyone else worried for many months. I'd suggest to anyone that's hesitant and worried to wait. Wait for final production photos, wait for any updates we'll have during the making of this product, wait to see it at a local comic book shop, etc and if you like what you see and want to add it to your collection then place that order then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
Hey Alex

Will Sideshow ever offer a 'fan poll' or 'most wanted poll' for the various properties they (SS) hold?

We've seen other companies offer these types of interactions with numerous characters getting released who might not have been released if it wasn't for fan demand (from DC, Marvel, and Star Wars alike). And while Sideshow has always maintained that they read forums and pay attention to feedback, fans have never had the kind of satisfaction where they were allowed to specifically vote on a character from a short list and then actually have it made.

Thanks!
I can't say this won't ever happen but there are no plans for polls right now. But perhaps in the future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
Hey Alex,

Is Thanos on Throne or the new Hulk Bust Vinyl or plastic? If so, will Sideshow update the product page before shipping so customers will have no surprises.

Thanos on Throne is almost 100% polystone and will be clocking in closer to 50 pounds than the current 35 pounds on the website. The only non-polystone elements on the piece are the jewels, connectors for the light-up feature, the battery compartment and the batteries.

The Hulk Bust is being made out of similar materials as other Life-Size Busts....fiberglass and resin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonedaddy77 View Post
Alex, will the COTD Shard variant ever go up for preorder?
Sometime in the future...sometime. :-)
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 05:03 PM   #6302
BurningRage
Inhumans

Will the Joker from the Gotham City Nightmare collection go up for order this year?
Will we see the next DC life size bust next year?
Has a production piece of the Stormtrooper lsf been received?
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 05:14 PM   #6303
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Will the Joker from the Gotham City Nightmare collection go up for order this year?
Will we see the next DC life size bust next year?
Has a production piece of the Stormtrooper lsf been received?
The Joker from the Nightmare line won't be up until 2018 for Pre-Order.

The soonest another DC Life-Size Bust would be seen would be sometime next year.

A final production piece of the Stormtrooper Legendary Scale Figure hasn't been received in house yet. Hopefully soon!
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 05:17 PM   #6304
Kovenor
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post

And I love the idea of an Alex Ross COTD print! I'll bring up that suggestion to the powers that be!
Thanks! I for one would love to see his take on CoTD... I think it would be a big hit getting him involved. Lets make it happen!

(For me, I could see him doing a big framed one kind of similar to the xmen/avengers ones you guys did... but with all the main characters of the court. Would be soo badass )
Kovenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 05:22 PM   #6305
Atimantium
Hydra

Alex. Great responses.
Will Sideshow update the Thanos page to show the information you stated. I believe your word but some want it in black and white. You rock.
Atimantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 05:25 PM   #6306
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Hi Alex

I know prospective purchasers of the Wolf Predator LSB would appreciate THAT material description being made clear.

Any idea when that will be done (it's only a bit of text update ).

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 05:35 PM   #6307
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
The materials being used for Swamp Thing will have the exact same longevity as Polystone. Of course leaving it in direct sunlight (or a fish tank, or outside...yes, people have done this) or extreme weather conditions is highly discouraged (but we also discourage that with any collectible no matter the material it is made from).

PVC and Vinyl are of the same family but have some differences. We put up an article recently in which we detail what each material is and just some of their uses here: Materials

Swamp Thing is being produced at a Japanese factory that we are confident will give collector's an amazing piece to have in hand for their collection. That said,s as I have told others in the past with past products, if they (you) have any hesitation on hitting that Pre-Order button now then don't. I certainly don't want you or anyone else worried for many months. I'd suggest to anyone that's hesitant and worried to wait. Wait for final production photos, wait for any updates we'll have during the making of this product, wait to see it at a local comic book shop, etc and if you like what you see and want to add it to your collection then place that order then.
thanks so much for your time alex, i feel a little better about this now. have a great weekend!
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 05:54 PM   #6308
Kovenor
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Hey Alex,

any plans to extend the CoTD legendary lineup past Xiall and oglivaeil?

thanks!
Kovenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 06:46 PM   #6309
MPCanes
The X-Men

Alex,

What's Magneto going to be made from, given the floating pose?
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 07:02 PM   #6310
Gecktechs
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Alex, does SS have any plans to revisit Batman and Joker with fully sculpted PF's, just like Spider-Man and Green Goblin?
Gecktechs is offline   Reply With Quote