Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Leave it to the Professionals Please > Erick Sosa

Old 08-02-2010, 08:16 AM   #31
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

Great looking concept work, E. I hope Thing ends up bigger. I never liked when he was 6' with no neck. I'd really like to see this done Jim Lee style myself so that they are differtentiated from the ones Bowen is doing, but you're the sculptor. From the concept art I thought they were Ultimate version costumes. I do like Reed better in the other image someone posted as he doesn't look wobbly like he's standing on shaky ground. Between this one, Bowen's and the hinted at Sideshow comiquettes, this looks like it's shaping up to be the year of the Fantastic Four.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:25 AM   #32
ashley76
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Awesome, but with regards to the FF She-Hulk, you could give her the same base as Thing so that she fits into the set as well...

With that being said, you could do an "80's" Byrne variant costume limited to a couple of hundred or so, so that She-hulk would look good with them...

Just a though...
ashley76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:59 AM   #33
imthkman
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Looks "fantastic". LOL. I couldn't resist. I was really into the FF during Byrne's run.
imthkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:56 AM   #34
elijah_snow
I'm the Fourth Man

Erick, looks like you've got some great ideas. Here are my thoughts, go what they're worth:

--LOVE the concept of a clear resin "shield thingy" holding up a boulder or some such for Sue. Genius!
--Thing-low to the ground and winding up....excellent.
--not a fan of the current pose for the torch (for no other reason that it looks waaaay too similar to the existing BD FS Human Torch)
--WHile I'm down with a Byrne inspired FF. Please try not to draw any inspiration from his haircuts. Sue's crewcut/mullet combo and Johnny's bowlcut were ridiculous.

Bad guy: Galactus???
elijah_snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:00 AM   #35
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elijah_snow View Post
Erick, looks like you've got some great ideas. Here are my thoughts, go what they're worth:

--LOVE the concept of a clear resin "shield thingy" holding up a boulder or some such for Sue. Genius!
--Thing-low to the ground and winding up....excellent.
--not a fan of the current pose for the torch (for no other reason that it looks waaaay too similar to the existing BD FS Human Torch)
--WHile I'm down with a Byrne inspired FF. Please try not to draw any inspiration from his haircuts. Sue's crewcut/mullet combo and Johnny's bowlcut were ridiculous.

Bad guy:
Quote:
Galactus
???
Just his foot would be cool.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:01 AM   #36
kermitt3
The Spirit

Hi Erik..love this pose quite a lot, and it would be cool if she could be in mid air on an invisible force platform...the John Byrne look will be Fantastic BTW..this should be julie bell i think...please just look at the pose...
kermitt3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:06 AM   #37
protector2814
Phoenix

Lovin' this! What a great start. I'd go Moleman on the villian, with a few of his lil' yellow minions pouring out of the same hole that would be his base. This way, each member of the FF could be "aiming" their powers at a specific threat. The Moleman is just such a classic threat and one that should be honored with this sort of a dynamic collection.

Finally....think Sexy when designing Sue. I know she's an intellegent powerhouse. but I've enjoyed the more sensual artistic freedoms taken with her character over the past 2-3 decades in comics and film. She should "pop".
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:11 AM   #38
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKULPTOR View Post
Hi all,
I just wanted to show you some early non official concepts, just to give you all an idea of what we want to do, we know with your help we can improve the poses, but the idea is :
Cool individual poses, and interlocking bases to form a very cool diorama like group scene......
Quote:
VS some bad guy whom will remain unnamed for now
and no, it won't be Doom.... so let me know which one you'd like as well

I bet it's one on this list.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...c_Four_enemies
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:23 AM   #39
kaza5555
New Republic

Cool! Can't wait for this. Mr. Fantastic's pose needs a little more work though. Needs to be more dynamic. Keep up the great work, Erick.
kaza5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:26 AM   #40
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Looks sweet Erick! I like how Reed has multilpe parts of his body stretching. My only tweak would be to have Sue in a more "stable" stance. I agree with the others that the intergration of the shield and phasing into invisibility would push her over the top.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote