Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-04-2016, 02:46 PM   #3761
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Love the discussion. Exactly what AMC wants.
True, but there has begun the grumblings of a backlash of outrage. My favorite comment so far is a viewer saying "I spent 90 minutes to watch a Winnebago drive around" lol
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 02:47 PM   #3762
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

It has to be a main character. On Talking Dead several cast members and people associated with the show were saying how it affected them and some were even crying and so on. There is no way they would do that with Dwight.

If it is Eugene or Abraham they aren't even "main" character enough to warrant the hype in my book.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 02:50 PM   #3763
johnclone
The Enchantress

So the most likely is Glenn?
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 03:01 PM   #3764
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
So the most likely is Glenn?
For me it is, and has to be Glenn or Darryl, but I can see the writers copping out and saying that Abraham or Eugene has become so fan beloved that their horrific death warranted this cast reaction.

One interesting thing unrelated that Kirkman said afterwards on Talking Dead was something that I said quite a while ago. If we had followed Negan since the start and seen his development from whatever he was in the world to now we would identify with him and wouldn't see him as pure evil. If we had done that and all of a sudden this Rick Douche and his people starts coming in and murdering people in their sleep and burning people alive we would look at him like we now look at Negan. I still think Negan is being more than fair just killing one of them at this point.

Sure, Negan is extorting half of everybody's stuff but let's not forget Rick took half again as payment to kill Negan and his people under threat of taking it all if they didn't agree to the offer.
Old 04-04-2016, 03:17 PM   #3765
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

RE the secondary storyline, it has been an ongoing thing for all the characters this season, to kill or not to kill. I did find it interesting that Morgan despite coming to the conclusion that all life is precious, made the decision to kill to save character. I like how they put him in the position that to act results in death and to not act results in death and show that it isn't always as simple as "all life is precious".

It reminds me of a moral excercise. Suppose you have a train unable to stop barrelling down the track and will kill 4 workers unless you switch the tracks in which case it will kill only one worker? Most say with little or no hesitation they would switch the track even though it will mean they actively kill someone rather than merely watch others die through no fault of theirs on the grounds that the net gain is 3 lives.

Once they have all their smug intellectual arguments in place then change the situation to the 4 workers are strangers and the one is your own child and think about it again.
Old 04-04-2016, 03:45 PM   #3766
ONEYE
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Love the discussion. Exactly what AMC wants.
Are you trying to be smug?
ONEYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 04:09 PM   #3767
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
Also since he said "you took that like a real champ" is that an indication the victim is male, or might the same be said about a woman? I don't plan to spend a lot of energy trying to figure anything out, just curious though about this main possible clue. Kirkman slightly hinted at there being clues in the scene.
Probably just screwing with us. They'll use the summer to decide. I'm guessing they have their "Top 3" in mind already and will decide on it this summer. Then have the full reveal around middle of next season.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 04:10 PM   #3768
ONEYE
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I thought he said, "Talking it like a champ."
ONEYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 04:20 PM   #3769
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
One interesting thing unrelated that Kirkman said afterwards on Talking Dead was something that I said quite a while ago. If we had followed Negan since the start and seen his development from whatever he was in the world to now we would identify with him and wouldn't see him as pure evil. If we had done that and all of a sudden this Rick Douche and his people starts coming in and murdering people in their sleep and burning people alive we would look at him like we now look at Negan. I still think Negan is being more than fair just killing one of them at this point.
heard him say that and thought it was complete and utter crap, sure we might have been able to relate to him a little more but there is nothing that would justify him as a "good guy" that leads to him smashing peoples heads with a baseball bat and going around murdering and taking what he pleases.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 04:29 PM   #3770
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
heard him say that and thought it was complete and utter crap, sure we might have been able to relate to him a little more but there is nothing that would justify him as a "good guy" that leads to him smashing peoples heads with a baseball bat and going around murdering and taking what he pleases.
What if you didn't know anything at all about Rick's group. There was a whole separate storyline that followed some other group and you knew nothing of anything that had happened to Rick or his group since the appocolypse, but the first you see or hear about them is they come in and start killing people in their sleep, burning people alive who had taken others captive and not harmed them? That's the point he was making.