Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 01-26-2019, 01:12 PM   #1251
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
XM should redo that piece and send it out to their customers... the seam would be less noticeable if the textures matched up, it goes from a rough texture to being all smooth at the seam line making it even more noticeable.

I'm just puzzled what the guys at XM were thinking given most collectors are going to pose the base with the seam out in front. Just seams like something an amateur sculptor would do.

I'm also disappointed XM didn't test the packaging better, there seems to be a lot of collectors are getting broken hair pieces... remember the days when they would test their packaging by throwing the box down a flight of stairs with the statue in it to determine if the packaging was good...

This reminds me of the Venom jaw issue. It took us showing pics and putting up a fight for them to admit incorrect construction - but in he end they stood by their work and fixed it. With this tornado, I just don’t think they care. The instruction manual photos show just how sh!tty it looks. They even took time to add the chains because of “construction issues” and add those photos to the manual - but never did they care about that horrible seam. It’s total BS and not XM. If Dark Phoenix doesn’t get addressed, I’m done with XM. Cost is too high for these QC issues. I couldn’t stand the seam on Tweeterhead’s Wondet Woman, no way am I settling on a statue that is quadruple the cost after shipping.

As for the packaging, I agree with Shaughn who said that maybe the pieces were put in the box wrong. Two of my hands were swapped from their designated slots. I had momentary panic thinking I had only right hands lol
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 01:33 PM   #1252
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
This reminds me of the Venom jaw issue. It took us showing pics and putting up a fight for them to admit incorrect construction - but in he end they stood by their work and fixed it. With this tornado, I just don’t think they care. The instruction manual photos show just how sh!tty it looks. They even took time to add the chains because of “construction issues” and add those photos to the manual - but never did they care about that horrible seam. It’s total BS and not XM. If Dark Phoenix doesn’t get addressed, I’m done with XM. Cost is too high for these QC issues. I couldn’t stand the seam on Tweeterhead’s Wondet Woman, no way am I settling on a statue that is quadruple the cost after shipping.

As for the packaging, I agree with Shaughn who said that maybe the pieces were put in the box wrong. Two of my hands were swapped from their designated slots. I had momentary panic thinking I had only right hands lol
Just FYI my entire box was upside down compared to the shipper.......
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 01:57 PM   #1253
Leland
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Just FYI my entire box was upside down compared to the shipper.......
Ditto!
Leland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 03:09 PM   #1254
built2shred
Phoenix

It's got me thinking that maybe I should just say F*#@ it and eat the NRD's on the XM X-Men statues I have on pre-order which would be like over $1200.00 and just call it quits on this hobby...

Just feels like XM doesn't care anymore, it's like ok we ran out of time on this statue so leave it as is and ship it and move on to the next one... Every time I now look at my Storm statue my eyes keep going straight to that ugly seam...

Or do you think I'm drama queening this one to much
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 03:48 PM   #1255
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Just feels like XM doesn't care anymore, it's like ok we ran out of time on this statue so leave it as is and ship it and move on to the next one... Every time I now look at my Storm statue my eyes keep going straight to that ugly seam...

Or do you think I'm drama queening this one to much
That's why I've stopped PO'ing altogether, along with the Xmen dio solicitation b/s.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 04:00 PM   #1256
senseimaki
The Herculoids

I guess there goes XM being top notch for quality control and listening to their customers. Am actually in for 3 of their DC Rebirth statues.
senseimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 04:14 PM   #1257
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I think maybe if more people voiced their opinions and concerns on social media, instead of reigning praise (which is due, but not entirely) they would see it’s not just me. Bryan has all but stopped coming to SF, which he used to do frequently.

The only hope I think we have is social media and those “heavy hitter reviewers” who go to cons to get our concerns heard. At least I KNOW that SS never changes their items based on issues, but XM swore to be different. I’m so annoyed that Storm has such a glaring issue when it’s been over a year since PO to shipping.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 07:26 PM   #1258
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I think maybe if more people voiced their opinions and concerns on social media, instead of reigning praise (which is due, but not entirely) they would see it’s not just me. Bryan has all but stopped coming to SF, which he used to do frequently.

The only hope I think we have is social media and those “heavy hitter reviewers” who go to cons to get our concerns heard. At least I KNOW that SS never changes their items based on issues, but XM swore to be different. I’m so annoyed that Storm has such a glaring issue when it’s been over a year since PO to shipping.
You know what. I agree. This seam is terrible and taking away from an otherwise terrific design.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 08:13 PM   #1259
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

After switching everything around, trying out all the different options, the Demona setup is the best IMO. Her hands down and the stern portrait makes her look like she just shot out of the tornado and ready to kick ass. Also the pointing arm covers up too much of her body form a certain angles. I also provided a shot of the laughing portrait so everyone who doesn't have his can see that perfection. Never see an open mouth done so well!! Which baffles me as to the tornado piece. Built2shred I don't think it as bad as you think, but that could be due to me still being in statue bliss right now with her. Every time I took a picture or just stare at her I never notice the tornado piece.

EDIT: Of course every picture posted sideways... sorry
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190126_132607.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	193.2 KB
ID:	120443   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190126_132602.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	214.5 KB
ID:	120444   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190126_132613.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	194.3 KB
ID:	120445   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190126_132619.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	219.8 KB
ID:	120446   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190126_133129.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	175.2 KB
ID:	120447  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190126_133147.jpg
Size:	232.9 KB
ID:	120448   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190126_133156.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	198.3 KB
ID:	120449   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190126_134124.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	167.5 KB
ID:	120450   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190126_134207.jpg
Size:	183.0 KB
ID:	120451  
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 10:21 PM   #1260
built2shred
Phoenix

Yeah when I first got her I didn't think the Tornado issue would matter that much but now that the newness has worn off it's become very annoying to look at, especially when it wouldn't of taken that much effort from XM to fix it.

When I first question XM on FB about the chain issue they just pointed me to the small text on their website saying the shipping version might differ from the prototype, basically a SS excuse... I think XM is getting to ambitious and forgetting why they started the business to begin with...

Doesn't help that within 3-4 years this whole hobby has pretty much doubled in price... Even though I can afford $1000+ statues it's more about do I really want to spend that much money on this type of hobby, back when SS was like $350-$400 a statue and with XM you could get their statue around $650-$700 shipped it seem fairly reasonable but now SS is pushing towards a standard price of $600 and XM is $1000-$1200 average range, I'm just not so sure anymore if it's worth it, especially when you consider QC issues you have to put up with...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote