Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-11-2019, 11:40 PM   #1331
Demona
Martian Manhunter

She is lighter skinned than the original XM photos, but in hand she is not Halle Berry fair. IMO her skin is the perfect tone and reminds me of Angela Bassett (who IMO should have been the OG Storm).
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 01:44 PM   #1332
PacMan3000
The Spirit

Thanks for the info. I hadn't seen any videos of her looking darker in skin tone (like say the T'Challa/Panther XM statue), despite the official photos indicating that, so I wasn't sure if it was the lighting or just how she was painted.

This is definitely out of my price range now, but I wonder if XM will make another Storm in a couple years since apparently the demand for her is quite strong given the aftermarket prices.
PacMan3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 02:48 PM   #1333
Demona
Martian Manhunter

She is 100% nowhere near at dark at XM's TChalla. That was a big concern for me too when I PO'ed the statue. But enough good convention pics came in so I felt better about it. In hand, she is stunning.

IMO she is the best 1/4 Storm out there face wise. SS OG PF has the best hair. Body - both companies did a slamming Ororo. XM's is a touch thicker in the bootie and chest.

I hope they don't do another one. People slept on this statue. Plus even if XM did -- it wouldn't be the Lee suit. Which is good and bad
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 03:01 PM   #1334
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
She is 100% nowhere near at dark at XM's TChalla. That was a big concern for me too when I PO'ed the statue. But enough good convention pics came in so I felt better about it. In hand, she is stunning.

IMO she is the best 1/4 Storm out there face wise. SS OG PF has the best hair. Body - both companies did a slamming Ororo. XM's is a touch thicker in the bootie and chest.

I hope they don't do another one. People slept on this statue. Plus even if XM did -- it wouldn't be the Lee suit. Which is good and bad
I still hate the chains they added and the hooker heels, but other than those minor cosmetic gripes, it's the best Storm ever done thus far.

I would love to see the same sculptor do another Storm in something other than the overplayed Jim Lee costume.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 07:44 PM   #1335
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
In hand, she is stunning.

RIGHT ON THE MONEY.

I frickin LOVE this statue. I have my ss PF Ex and White, keeping all my Storms and looking towards more. But yes...both companies did great with the bodies, Storm definitely has a nice booty and the XM body is GAGA!!!! Sorry not sorry, I like a nice size booty. Lol.

I can see XM maybe doing another Storm in a different costume down the line, but this was ES 420, people slept on her and think there’s multiple reasons why. I could see them trying a modern look over her original costume but I could also see them being done with Storm since she didn’t sell much. I’d rather a Carol Captain Marvel from XM.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 10:54 PM   #1336
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

While her face is Gorgeous and I had every opportunity to own this piece I didn't get her mainly because I am not a fan of her base, and Storm is one of the characters I wanted to have a fabric Poseable Cape.
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 01:17 PM   #1337
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by markuz30 View Post
While her face is Gorgeous and I had every opportunity to own this piece I didn't get her mainly because I am not a fan of her base, and Storm is one of the characters I wanted to have a fabric Poseable Cape.
Ah, I love the base! That one piece could’ve been handled better. But that’s my only gripe about it.

If ss makes another Storm they’d probably have you covered on the cape since that’s their thing. We just have no idea what they’d do with her face or body on a new one. There’s always the existing PF. Not as exciting as the XM but it’s still a good piece on its own or mixed with her teammates. Especially the Ex head.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 01:51 AM   #1338
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Ah, I love the base! That one piece could’ve been handled better. But that’s my only gripe about it.

If ss makes another Storm they’d probably have you covered on the cape since that’s their thing. We just have no idea what they’d do with her face or body on a new one. There’s always the existing PF. Not as exciting as the XM but it’s still a good piece on its own or mixed with her teammates. Especially the Ex head.
I love the costume on the Storm PF. However, it just didn't do much for me. Not a big fan of either portraits and the pose was a bit generic IMO. Loved everything about the XM Storm but absolutely HATE the Lee costume. Here's hoping the next 1/4 Storm that gets released will be the one I'll be adding to my collection.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 11:45 PM   #1339
Frogtown
Fantastic Four

Anyone heard an update from XM in regards to replacing the head portraits? I know these things take time but it's going on 5 months since they last mentioned anything about it and that was just a statement on overall QC. I don't mind waiting another 5 months or longer but would prefer not to be in the dark on the process or if it is even happening.
Frogtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 12:25 AM   #1340
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogtown View Post
Anyone heard an update from XM in regards to replacing the head portraits? I know these things take time but it's going on 5 months since they last mentioned anything about it and that was just a statement on overall QC. I don't mind waiting another 5 months or longer but would prefer not to be in the dark on the process or if it is even happening.
5 months? I could swear the guys who have a bunch of youtube subscribers got replacement heads very quickly. I guess you have to make noise or whatever just to get parts?
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote