Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-27-2017, 02:47 PM   #1001
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
The fact is they are both highly detailed polystone statues. Add to the fact Man Thing was made damn near 6 years ago and that it was highly detailed only says to me it can be done and has been done.

And furthermore, as a former owner of Man Thing, there were tons of fine hidden details throughout it. Reason why I am not a big fan of this ST (even though it is a phenomenal sculpt) is because its basically a creature of vines. This is why I much prefer Prime 1 version because it is more varied. More like a Swamp.
Okay I have to ask this, Loric and hell anyone else on this forum, Have any of you actually seen a swamp? It's just my curiosity.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 02:52 PM   #1002
jcasalone
A day without sunshine is like... night.

For the sake of playing the devil's advocate, Takashi Murakami has released work in vinyl for consumer purchase and he is a "high art" artist.
jcasalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 02:55 PM   #1003
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Okay I have to ask this, Loric and hell anyone else on this forum, Have any of you actually seen a swamp? It's just my curiosity.
Yes lived in Florida....Tallahassee to be precise and drove cross country multiple times from Florida to CA...so yes...I have seen swamps. Its not just vines.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 02:56 PM   #1004
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcasalone View Post
For the sake of playing the devil's advocate, Takashi Murakami has released work in vinyl for consumer purchase and he is a "high art" artist.
Well this was done by McFarlane years ago in Vinyl

But not for $800
Old 10-27-2017, 02:56 PM   #1005
nearmint
Phoenix

Since Sideshow hasn't responded to our concerns, I contacted the sculptor directly. I asked him if he was concerned about Sideshow's decision to reproduce the piece with vinyl as opposed to other materials. He responded, and I asked if I could share his response with other collectors. Here's what he said...

I have to say that the company that's handling the vinyl production in Japan does exceptionally sharp work. The company is called Acro, and have made some fine products from work I've sculpted for them. To be honest, I was surprised that Sideshow had decided to take this direction, but when I was told it was Acro handling the production, I felt more at ease. I'm curious to see the results myself.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 02:58 PM   #1006
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Well this was done by McFarlane years ago in Vinyl

But not for $800
Lol...I used to own that. Brings back memories.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 02:58 PM   #1007
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Since Sideshow hasn't responded to our concerns, I contacted the sculptor directly. I asked him if he was concerned about Sideshow's decision to reproduce the piece with vinyl as opposed to other materials. He responded, and I asked if I could share his response with other collectors. Here's what he said...

I have to say that the company that's handling the vinyl production in Japan does exceptionally sharp work. The company is called Acro, and have made some fine products from work I've sculpted for them. To be honest, I was surprised that Sideshow had decided to take this direction, but when I was told it was Acro handling the production, I felt more at ease. I'm curious to see the results myself.
Japan....huh, that's unusual.
Old 10-27-2017, 03:00 PM   #1008
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Lol...I used to own that. Brings back memories.
Yeah, I wasn't a huge Spawn fan but that was a cool piece.
Old 10-27-2017, 03:18 PM   #1009
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Quote:

Thanks for this. Seems he's surprised too, I'll try not to judge but it's hard seeing how the Wolf bust turned out.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 03:45 PM   #1010
SONICobra
Bane

Quote:

well that makes me feel a little better, but even paul is "curious to see the results"
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote