Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-01-2019, 11:15 AM   #1
getmecoffee
Doh!

Fukushima & Prime 1 Studio Statues

Being paranoid after watching Chernobyl HBO series, I began to think about fukushima and how close it is to Prime 1 Studios. Has anyone ever tested their Prime 1 statues for radiation? I'm sounding crazy, I know.....but thought why not test to be sure. Anyone as crazy as I and have tested?
getmecoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 11:43 AM   #2
Python
Omega Red

Fukushima was a much better designed reactor than the one at Chernobyl. I realise this seems a strange claim given it failed. But the radiation levels were much better contained. I imagine it has little impact (if any) on production of surrounding facilities. I presume that Prime 1 buy in their materials from other places anyway, although that is speculation as I have no idea how they operate.

All of that said.... I did just inch my chair away from my 1:1 ID4 Alien bust while reading this.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 12:59 PM   #3
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Prime 1 statues actually begin life as 1/10 scales. The radiation makes these monsters grow.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 01:23 PM   #4
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmecoffee View Post
Being paranoid after watching Chernobyl HBO series, I began to think about fukushima and how close it is to Prime 1 Studios. Has anyone ever tested their Prime 1 statues for radiation? I'm sounding crazy, I know.....but thought why not test to be sure. Anyone as crazy as I and have tested?
What was the result lol?

I feel your worries are valid though, Japan doesn’t test these stuff and try to make it less of a problem than it really is. The scariest thing about Fukushima is that the Japanese government wants to keep it under wraps as much as possible, so it is diffucult to gauge how much damage it is causing.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 01:31 PM   #5
getmecoffee
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismhk View Post
What was the result lol?

I feel your worries are valid though, Japan doesn’t test these stuff and try to make it less of a problem than it really is. The scariest thing about Fukushima is that the Japanese government wants to keep it under wraps as much as possible, so it is diffucult to gauge how much damage it is causing.
Exactly. I haven't tested mine yet, but wanted to ask if anyone has...I rather rule out any concerns by testing.
Old 06-01-2019, 02:07 PM   #6
KgBeast11
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Exactly. I haven't tested mine yet, but wanted to ask if anyone has...I rather rule out any concerns by testing.
I think you also need to do an iq test
KgBeast11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 02:13 PM   #7
getmecoffee
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KgBeast11 View Post
I think you also need to do an iq test
Really?
Old 06-01-2019, 03:00 PM   #8
chavez553
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Really?
I think what he might be referring to is the fact that if you where being contaminated by the Fukushima fallout radiation, a statue would be the least of your concerns, as the fallout that has spread through the ocean already and reached the continental western seaboard and your probably chocking on it as I type this. Lol.
chavez553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 03:29 PM   #9
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Seriously doubt it, even if it was it would probably be just barely detectable beyond background natural radiation. We all are exposed to daily radiation every second after all. Take an airline flight, even bananas which have potassium are radio active.

Better things to worry about, like freekin' monkeys and robots!
CessnaDriver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 04:45 PM   #10
Karnis
Blue Falcon

Don't worry. I just tested the 5 P1 pieces that I have with the Amazon Geiger Counter I use to test all my food, mail and occasional delivery person.

Good to go.
Karnis is offline   Reply With Quote