Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 02-27-2017, 09:02 PM   #111
dadarkknight
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Yours has a better resemblance than mine!
Lol I'm sorry.
dadarkknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 09:25 PM   #112
Gothamite
Phoenix

Lol, yours even looks better than the one that James Marsano (the sculptor) got.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 09:35 PM   #113
dadarkknight

Quote:
Lol, yours even looks better than the one that James Marsano (the sculptor) got.
I was thinking the same thing when I saw it. I was like wow this thing looks better than the box production art. I'm thinking did they send me the original sculpt lol
Old 02-27-2017, 09:46 PM   #114
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadarkknight View Post
I was thinking the same thing when I saw it. I was like wow this thing looks better than the box production art. I'm thinking did they send me the original sculpt lol
Old 02-27-2017, 09:48 PM   #115
Rom-El
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Here's more
Thanks. I got that Anne Hathaway statue as well. WW will stand next to her.

Quote:
Now I'm worried what my statue will look like.
Rom-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 03:07 AM   #116
Rom-El
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Yours has a better resemblance than mine!
I've been looking around and seeing people's photos of their WW statues (mostly on Facebook after searching "Wonder Woman statue".) There does seem to be an inconsistency with the face. Some have longer eyelashes painted on, some look like the mouth is closed, while others show teeth, some have a softer look in the face, others more angular...I guess a lot went on with production, what with the delays and all, and as the sculptor James Marsano said it is one of the first female movie figures they've done.

Mine is still on the way so I am curious what mine will be like, but I won't be bothered too much if it isn't perfect. They all still look pretty good.
Old 03-05-2017, 04:15 AM   #117
Rom-El
Blue Falcon

This photo I found on Facebook shows the problem with some of the statues:

The paint on the lips/teeth is sloppy and the eyelashes are very simply done. The hairline is messy and you can see what Marsano was saying about the hair not being crisp.
Old 03-05-2017, 09:51 AM   #118
dadarkknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom-El View Post
I've been looking around and seeing people's photos of their WW statues (mostly on Facebook after searching "Wonder Woman statue".) There does seem to be an inconsistency with the face. Some have longer eyelashes painted on, some look like the mouth is closed, while others show teeth, some have a softer look in the face, others more angular...I guess a lot went on with production, what with the delays and all, and as the sculptor James Marsano said it is one of the first female movie figures they've done.

Mine is still on the way so I am curious what mine will be like, but I won't be bothered too much if it isn't perfect. They all still look pretty good.
He must forgot about Selina, Harley, Kitana. Those are movie statues.
Old 03-05-2017, 04:53 PM   #119
Gothamite
Phoenix

The problem with the messed up hairline could've been avoided had the hair been attached properly. I think the most serious problem is how the final face mold is slightly asymmetrical (though not as badly as the Artgerm Cover Girls Supergirl statue). The face looks really nice when viewed from the side or at an angle.
Old 03-05-2017, 06:47 PM   #120
Rom-El
Blue Falcon

Quote:
He must forgot about Selina, Harley, Kitana. Those are movie statues.
I guess it would be more difficult with WW as her face isn't masked or covered in makeup and he did say "one of" the first. He also talked about communicating more as the prototype was turned over to China.

Quote:
The problem with the messed up hairline could've been avoided had the hair been attached properly. I think the most serious problem is how the final face mold is slightly asymmetrical (though not as badly as the Artgerm Cover Girls Supergirl statue). The face looks really nice when viewed from the side or at an angle.
I hope they learn a lot and it is likely (hopefully) the beginning of WW movies and they improve as they keep making more WW statues. I hope the ones from the solo movie turn out ok, though as we've seen in photos they've changed in production too. Gal's likeness seems easily lost if they even make slight changes during production.