Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-09-2021, 01:22 PM   #2381
clutch
Sailor Moon

The double posting seems to be an issue for everyone. I wonder if it is when you post from your phone?
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 01:23 PM   #2382
clutch
Sailor Moon

The double posting is affecting everyone. I wonder if it is when you post from your phone?
Old 08-09-2021, 01:25 PM   #2383
SDguy

Haha! Or triple post.... showoff
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 01:31 PM   #2384
clutch
Sailor Moon

Guess that answers that. I am on my laptop.
Old 08-09-2021, 04:33 PM   #2385
MASTERSAFARA
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1d View Post
Okay, this might be overkill, but I think it would be pretty cool. When the Predator finally unmasks, his wrist gauntlet is damaged (these pictures are taken with my cell phone from a paused image on my tv so the quality is not great).

The first two pictures are from when it is first damaged (couple minutes before the face to face), and the last picture is right before he opens the gauntlet up to reveal the countdown sequence. Again, this might be overkill since the piece is already incredible, but I think to properly display the predator with his mask off, his gauntlet should be damaged.

This is also actually important to the story since due to the damage his gauntlet sustains, the Predator is no longer able to use camouflage. If it is an easy thing to add to the already amazing piece (which I already preordered) I think it would be a welcome addition by Prime 1. What do y'all think?
Yes.
MASTERSAFARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 04:52 PM   #2386
Biggunz
Loki

Any word on closed mouth bust preorder date and if you ordered through prime 1 you can get a discount like the body for 1/4?
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 05:36 PM   #2387
qz33
Doctor Doom

Just from my own experience replying by 1st hitting the Go Advanced button SEEMS to lessen the effect by my own anecdotal evidence.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 07:06 PM   #2388
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1d View Post
Okay, this might be overkill, but I think it would be pretty cool. When the Predator finally unmasks, his wrist gauntlet is damaged (these pictures are taken with my cell phone from a paused image on my tv so the quality is not great).

The first two pictures are from when it is first damaged (couple minutes before the face to face), and the last picture is right before he opens the gauntlet up to reveal the countdown sequence. Again, this might be overkill since the piece is already incredible, but I think to properly display the predator with his mask off, his gauntlet should be damaged.

This is also actually important to the story since due to the damage his gauntlet sustains, the Predator is no longer able to use camouflage. If it is an easy thing to add to the already amazing piece (which I already preordered) I think it would be a welcome addition by Prime 1. What do y'all think?
Hey buddy, instead of requesting extra off the wall thing's like this, you should be driving home the importance of a really nice paint job instead. (everyone) I rather have them concentrate their efforts now going forth on achieving a realistic movie accurate paint job, on the flesh particularly. (wet look, spots etc.) That's what will make this Pred statue be a must have grail and really shine.

All the extra bells & whistles that aren't important at this point in time in production, will only reduce the paint job hours & expenses that are imperative. A lot of the extra swap outs are really not even too necessary anyways. Trust me...
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 07:06 PM   #2389
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggunz View Post
Any word on closed mouth bust preorder date and if you ordered through prime 1 you can get a discount like the body for 1/4?
Nothing yet. They didn't ever released any promo prototype pics
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 09:05 PM   #2390
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
Hey buddy, instead of requesting extra off the wall thing's like this, you should be driving home the importance of a really nice paint job instead. (everyone) I rather have them concentrate their efforts now going forth on achieving a realistic movie accurate paint job, on the flesh particularly. (wet look, spots etc.) That's what will make this Pred statue be a must have grail and really shine.

All the extra bells & whistles that aren't important at this point in time in production, will only reduce the paint job hours & expenses that are imperative. A lot of the extra swap outs are really not even too necessary anyways. Trust me...
This. The finish on a statue, the raw quality, is what you'll notice first. You can tell yourself the cannon is in the correct position and run your fingers along the helmet to feel the smoothed surface, but it's all for naught if the piece reads like an oversized NECA figure from across the room.

We tend to focus on accuracy when judging prototypes because we take their perfect quality for granted -- and that quality is actually the hardest thing for a factory to replicate. Your priorities shift when the thing arrives at your house and all it needs to do is look good enough to justify the freshly-carved $3K hole in your bank account.
Blade3327 is online now   Reply With Quote