Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-07-2021, 07:04 PM   #501
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
that's that guy's name?!?! I always knew him as Max Calvera. He's got all those goofy Predator name plates on his pieces

Great Pred painter tho...
Neny Dee Dukic :
https://www.facebook.com/neny.dee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K7XtyiSrfc
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 09:21 PM   #502
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
that's a Saturday. i understand that's the US release date...but a Saturday reveal doesn't make much sense to me.

They are a Japanese company and the the release date in Japan was the 27th. who the hells knows?!?

I need to see the details and specifics, but this is the most interested-hyped i've been in a piece possibly ever...
It's hyped up alright, and Prime 1 know it haha. If they do display it on the 12th, then it would make sense to do the reveal the day before. Doing it the other way around wouldn't generate as much hype as everyone would know what it looks like via community videos and pics etc. First impressions count and I'd reckon Prime 1 would want everyone to see it first through their glossy photos and high def videos

There's also the possibility they don't display this at all on the 12th, in which you could be right with the reveal being 27th of June, a much longer wait lol.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 04:47 AM   #503
Biggunz
Loki

Statue of the year boys!! Eh... Eh
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 07:16 AM   #504
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Quote:

that Scott Marshall bust is nice but the lower jaw is FAR too narrow. It makes him look weak. Like Arnold with a Stallone jaw.
That movie screen cap is from a lower angle. Scott Marshall's bust is spot on in person.
Old 06-08-2021, 10:17 AM   #505
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Demon View Post
That movie screen cap is from a lower angle. Scott Marshall's bust is spot on in person.
it's a killer piece. next in line after the Sideshow SWS 1:1.

i haven't seen it in person, but every single picture and every single video i've seen highlight that the lower jaw-cheek area is a little too narrow. the youtube link you posted...if you pause the 3 Predator Head video @ :17 the middle-top Pred head is at roughly the same angle as the screen shot i posted...side by side it's the Scott Marshall lower jaw-cheek area is too narrow.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 04:03 PM   #506
Furyan
Mephisto

Quote:
You have to buy Scott Marshall's Predator head sculpt. It's around $1000z Plus $2000 for Neny Dee paint job.
Awesome thanks! Need the P1 and P2 in my collection.
Furyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 07:29 PM   #507
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Quote:
it's a killer piece. next in line after the Sideshow SWS 1:1.

i haven't seen it in person, but every single picture and every single video i've seen highlight that the lower jaw-cheek area is a little too narrow. the youtube link you posted...if you pause the 3 Predator Head video @ :17 the middle-top Pred head is at roughly the same angle as the screen shot i posted...side by side it's the Scott Marshall lower jaw-cheek area is too narrow.
Old 06-08-2021, 09:58 PM   #508
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:

fantastic job mirroring the exact angle. it definitely looks closer in this comparison, good work!

However, after seeing them right next to each other the comparison does highlight what i was saying that on the bottom of the lower mandible, (the jawline); the Marshall bust is slightly rounded and it's not as square, pronounced and as chiseled as the screen cap. it is minor but as a PredHead it's what always stuck out to me every time i saw the bust. and i still think screen cap has a little more width in the cheekbones, just a little.

there is NO DOUBT and NO ARGUING that it's an amazing bust and aside from the Sideshow Bust that was taken from the molds, it's the best hand-sculpted 1987 Predator portrait to date. You should be proud to own one.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 01:31 AM   #509
Zoldner
Fantastic Four

This is what the 1/3 needs. A closed mandible sculpt. It would be my Number 1 request of Prime1.
Zoldner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 02:05 AM   #510
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
there is NO DOUBT and NO ARGUING that it's an amazing bust and aside from the Sideshow Bust that was taken from the molds, it's the best hand-sculpted 1987 Predator portrait to date. You should be proud to own one.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHtl2ibLqof/

Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote