Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 02-07-2016, 11:19 AM   #1
protector2814
Phoenix

Which Movie or TV Characters Do You Think Could Make The Jump Over To Comics?

Have you ever watched a movie or tv show & thought to yourself, this character or group or situation would make for a killer addition or storyline over in a comic-book U. Besides, the obvious (Star Wars or Trek), which celluloid characters would you give a chance over on paper? We've seen it done w/ X-Files, BSG, Kolchak, Bond, etc...

Some ideas -

1) Dr. Phibes. Vincent Price played this brilliant nut-job in 2 freaky-a$$ed movies. He comes up with generous ways of killing his adversaries thru a studied familiarity w/ the occult & Egyptian mythology. I could see him being a great villain to Dr. Strange.

Land Of The Lost - Well? ... What the hell happened? Dynamite could pick this story up 15 years after it stopped airing. Marshall made it back home but Holly, Will & Uncle Jack were left in the LOL. What would have happened if say Will & Jack went off & never returned. Maybe someone else, after talking to a raving Marshall, makes it back to the lol and finds a feral, jungle-living 20-something Holly & a huge mystery on their hands.

Dr. Terror _ Peter Cushing played him in Dr. Terror's House of Horrors. Why not have a modern horror anthology whereby Dr. Terror travels the world by train, reading the Tarot cards for fellow travelers. Each comic could be made up of 2 or 3 horror stories concerning the reading. Guest artists & writers could do different issues w/ covers by Bradstreet.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 09:52 PM   #2
Babytoxie
Ghost

Land of The Lost would make an excellent comic, with the right creative team. I could seriously go for that.

I've always wanted to see a Thundarr the Barbarian comic. Considering all of the industry talent associated with that show, it seems like a natural fit.
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 10:02 AM   #3
Babytoxie
Ghost

Also, if we could include a literary character that has appeared in movies, I'd love to see a series featuring Arthur Conan Doyle's great adventurer, Professor George Challenger. That could be a great FF-style book, but with a steampunk approach.

Hey, it could be called Challenger of The Unknown!
Old 02-08-2016, 12:59 PM   #4
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babytoxie View Post
Land of The Lost would make an excellent comic, with the right creative team. I could seriously go for that.

I've always wanted to see a Thundarr the Barbarian comic. Considering all of the industry talent associated with that show, it seems like a natural fit.
If really fleshed out, Thundarr could be great. I recall so many great episodes showing ruined cities. The Washington Monument ... tipped over, sideways skyscrapers, etc ... I'd like a real backstory. As I recall from the intro., it was some kind of global catastrophe from a comet passing too close by, splittinig the moon in half. But why the mutants & magic? A good comic could explore all this ... they'd have to bloody it up some.

protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 03:52 PM   #5
Babytoxie
Ghost

"A world of savagery, super-science... AND SORCERYYYYY!"