Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 01-20-2022, 09:15 AM   #1871
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

DC couldn't give a proper ''answer'' to the Marvel Ultimate Universe though. Didio must have been like ''No way, we can bearly sell a Universe...'' but DC always had their elseworlds minis, even before Marvel Ultimate Universe.

Though, after Marvel Ultimate Universe. DC tried their elseworlds runs with All Star Superman and All Star Batman and Robin The Boy Wonder. I was really dissapointed when Morrison refused to write more than 12 issues long maxi series on All Star Superman. All Star Batman was going to be an on going...But a really big majority of fans hated the writting, renamed All Star Batman,'' The Crazy Steve'' ...xD asked for title to be axed immidiatly... And DC, even if the amazing sales (it was the number 1 selling title, the every month, it came out.) because of majority of their Batman fans losing it over the how Batman depicted on the title, DC axed the comics shortly. xD

Then came another ongoing elseworlds project called Earth One. There are Earth One Batman, Earth One Superman, Earth One Wonder Woman, Earth One Green Lantern and Earth One Teen Titans titles so far. They are directly published as Graphic Novel HCs at first then Graphic Novel SCs. No, floppy comics issues.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 09:59 AM   #1872
Mister H
Gen 13

The best thing to come out of the Marvel Ultimate universe is Ultimate Captain America...IMO. I have all of the comics in some form or another that have him in it. Thor eventually became cool after his initial 70's hippy treatment.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 09:10 PM   #1873
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I think the best thing to come out of the Ultimate Universe was the Into the Spider-Verse film.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 10:20 PM   #1874
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
I think the best thing to come out of the Ultimate Universe was the Into the Spider-Verse film.
Haven?t seen that one. Keep hearing about.
Old 01-21-2022, 09:25 PM   #1875
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
I'm on a mission to get all the X-Men Omnibus. Pure insanity.

Ever since I saw Gem Mint showcase all of them on his YT channel, I've had the urge to get them all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
No, not yet on the secondary X-Men titles. Eventually I will.

For right now, I'm getting the following Omni:
- The X-Men Vol 1&2
- Uncanny X-Men Vol 1-4
- X-Men Classic
- X-Men Mutant Massacre
- X-Men Vol 1&2
- X-Men Age of Apocalypse Vol 1&2
- and X-Men Avengers Onslaught

Just an update. A few of my pre-orders from cheapgraphicnovels have come in. So this is what I have so far.
- Uncanny X-Men Vol 1-4
- X-Men Vol 1&2
- X-Men Age of Apocalypse Vol 1&2

Just waiting on these now.
- The X-Men Vol 1&2
- X-Men Classic
- X-Men Mutant Massacre
- X-Men Avengers Onslaught

Almost there ...8 down, 5 more to go.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 03:13 PM   #1876
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
DC couldn't give a proper ''answer'' to the Marvel Ultimate Universe though. Didio must have been like ''No way, we can bearly sell a Universe...'' but DC always had their elseworlds minis, even before Marvel Ultimate Universe.
Yes, but before DC’s Elseworlds was Marvel’s What If? series from the 1970s where The Watcher took us to other universes telling different stories about familiar characters.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 03:23 PM   #1877
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

and if you think about it, in the late 50's and 60's DC had their Imaginary Stories which were a pre-cursor to Marvel's What If's. They were mainly Superman stories but I think some worked into Batman as well.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 03:48 PM   #1878
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

This brings our conversation to the age old question of who did it first ? Was it DC that used the Multiverse first or Marvel ?

I always thought Multiverse was DC's thing more than Marvel with The Crisis on Infinite Earths, Event's influence on me but ofcourse i never cared about it enough to make a research on the subject.

I know how DC's multiverse works, each paralel universe has their own friquincy that Flash can vibrate at. Those musical friquincy levels, somehow and Flash can travel the multiverse that way. Morrison even created a space ship which had a Harp as control panel that could be played at different musical friquincies of paralel universes of Multiverse and that way, the ship could travel the Multiverse. Just Briliant... (: I'm a big fan of Final Crisis, btw. DC even have a map of their Multiverse.

How Marvel multiverse works is.... as far as i can see from no way home film is magic. Alacasem ! It is magic, we don't have to explain, the really creative Marvel way... xD

So even if it is unclear, whichever used it first, i think we know which one did it better and deserves it more.

DC Marvel can rip off Gorillas and chimps though, DC are that generous... xD
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 04:08 PM   #1879
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I believe that DC first used the concept of parallel earth's (back in Flash #123) and it just grew from there. I would say that it was definitely DC that used the concept first. Not sure who used the term "multiverse" though.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 08:00 PM   #1880
Mister H
Gen 13

Spider-Man 2099 omnibus announced for October. Really glad Marvel’s regular comics are terrible, that means more and more old school omnis will keep coming out to offset the sales.