Statue Forum 





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

» Spotlight
DGK Sideshow Domino PF DGK XM Moon Knight Statue DGK P1 Gurren Lagann Full Drill Statue Clay Moore - Inside Stories
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2021, 06:42 PM   #451
67L88Stingray
The Green Hornet
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMo View Post
I guess its no different to any other company really, if you pay in full before delivery there is always the risk. I'll just pay deposits from now on since being burnt from Chronicle.
Deposit wasn't an option in the early days which I never liked, you were forced into paying in full immediately or payments which either way ended up as full pay as the plans always ended before anything shipped.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 06:46 AM   #452
JranasaurusRex
Frackin!
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by franktank View Post
You think they are actually getting the Indominus Rex?
Slashed the price but still says pre-order.

Hate to do NRD and BBTS never receive it for me
I got my I-Rex at the end of May 2020, that's when they shipped from chronicle. Right before the meltdown started.

Pretty sure anything new left is on ebay.
JranasaurusRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 08:16 PM   #453
qz33
Professor X
 
qz33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 10,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
It isn't going to change no matter how many times people post this same unrealistic preorder abstinence advice in every thread. You say not to take the gamble, but it's a gamble either way.

Oh, and for the record it wasn't Paul's fault, he had his issues, but it was Clay that ran them into the ground.
But it's can be significantly less of a gamble to wait. Maybe things go up in value maybe not. Maybe you change your mind. Maybe you can wait until closer to delivery for better financial protection. Most of this stuff is available from reputable retailers, maybe you order there. Maybe something better comes along. Maybe it doesn't turn out good. Maybe the company collapses. Or yes maybe you just plain miss out. (NOOoooooo!!!!!!)


Of course companies are not going to change but individuals can reign in their desperation. And of course plenty of people will keep POing. For some fewer people those hearing past problems and realizing there are alternatives can change what they risk.

From a financial perspective POs are always the larger financial risk. And no matter what POs years in advance are not the only way to obtain this junk.

And yeah perfectly aware Paul wasn't the main problem here, but for plenty of people he's been a problem, and problem people do tend to find ways to work together...
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 12:21 AM   #454
67L88Stingray
The Green Hornet
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
But it's can be significantly less of a gamble to wait. Maybe things go up in value maybe not. Maybe you change your mind. Maybe you can wait until closer to delivery for better financial protection. Most of this stuff is available from reputable retailers, maybe you order there. Maybe something better comes along. Maybe it doesn't turn out good. Maybe the company collapses. Or yes maybe you just plain miss out. (NOOoooooo!!!!!!)


Of course companies are not going to change but individuals can reign in their desperation. And of course plenty of people will keep POing. For some fewer people those hearing past problems and realizing there are alternatives can change what they risk.

From a financial perspective POs are always the larger financial risk. And no matter what POs years in advance are not the only way to obtain this junk.
All I read are a lot of "cans" and "maybes" thrown around and no real facts. That stuff is obvious. There is no guarantees in life, buy what you want when you want. Each person has to decide how they want to gamble, there is no perfect answer for everyone. Like I already said, you take a risk either way.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 09:21 AM   #455
JranasaurusRex
Frackin!
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Posts: 38
Quick question:

I am kinda new to the hardcore collecting a brand or movie themes, higher end statues. Bought First one 2016 Sideshow. Didn't get serious until about a 1.5 years ago.

I have bought from Sideshow, Chronicle, Iron Studios and Prime 1 studios, the only one that asked for 100% down for pre-order was Chronicle. Everyone else is 10% of items MSRP and balance due a shipment.

When Chronicle first started in 2013 or in between, did they always ask for 100% down with a pre-order?
JranasaurusRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 11:43 PM   #456
qz33
Professor X
 
qz33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 10,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
All I read are a lot of "cans" and "maybes" thrown around and no real facts. That stuff is obvious. There is no guarantees in life, buy what you want when you want. Each person has to decide how they want to gamble, there is no perfect answer for everyone. Like I already said, you take a risk either way.
Yeah man just options. Thing is most people just don't consider they could totally lose their money with no reasonable recourse and are conditioned from their usual consumer retail experiences with lots of consumer experiences. Just a little later and had Cinemaquette not been involved you could have likely been one of the people out a lot with no easy options. Either way most people don't prepare their minds for a 5 year drag out either. Most people wouldn't think of gambling 5K+ and if they even did they'd think it impossible.
Glad your gamble worked out for you though as you will soon receive a mighty fine if not the best Terminator made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JranasaurusRex View Post
Quick question:

I am kinda new to the hardcore collecting a brand or movie themes, higher end statues. Bought First one 2016 Sideshow. Didn't get serious until about a 1.5 years ago.

I have bought from Sideshow, Chronicle, Iron Studios and Prime 1 studios, the only one that asked for 100% down for pre-order was Chronicle. Everyone else is 10% of items MSRP and balance due a shipment.

When Chronicle first started in 2013 or in between, did they always ask for 100% down with a pre-order?
Usually they gave a payment plan for a while but usually paid off before shipment?
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 02:50 AM   #457
67L88Stingray
The Green Hornet
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by JranasaurusRex View Post

When Chronicle first started in 2013 or in between, did they always ask for 100% down with a pre-order?
They never asked for only 100% down, it was an option in addition to their payment plans. They had early bird prices for 30 days in many cases that did prompt you to order early and they did get stuff shipped relatively fast back then so sometimes depending on when you placed the order you did have a balance to pay to get it shipped when it was ready even with the payment plans.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 03:07 AM   #458
67L88Stingray
The Green Hornet
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Yeah man just options. Thing is most people just don't consider they could totally lose their money with no reasonable recourse and are conditioned from their usual consumer retail experiences with lots of consumer experiences. Just a little later and had Cinemaquette not been involved you could have likely been one of the people out a lot with no easy options. Either way most people don't prepare their minds for a 5 year drag out either. Most people wouldn't think of gambling 5K+ and if they even did they'd think it impossible.
Cinemaquette had to get paid by CC in the end otherwise I would not have gotten one. CM said they were perfectly ok with filling a waitlist order with mine (they would have made more money that way too), so Amy and CC did come through for me, but yes it was a gamble. It was also my choice, I had plenty of opportunities to back out over the years and I am sure CC would have been more than happy to refund me early on(after all, they were losing money on the Endos which is why they stopped making them in the first place.)
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 07:47 AM   #459
JranasaurusRex
Frackin!
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Posts: 38
Wonder if Chronicle, just grew to fast, basically growing the business to a point where any financial mishap or loss of profits could wobble the company?

The other thing I find interesting is in 2018, Prime 1 Studio was advertising Jurassic Park and Jurassic World licensed items. Directly competing with Chronicle in 2018?

Collection Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (Film) Blue 1/6 scale EX Version ... Prime 1 Studio is proud to ...
Jun 22, 2018 Uploaded by Prime1Studio

Prime 1 Studio is proud to present 1/6 scale LMCJW2-03: Indoraptor ... Jurassic World ...
Jul 30, 2018 Uploaded by Prime1Studio

Prime 1 Studio is proud to present 1/15 Scale LMCJP-01: Tyrannosaurus-Rex from Jurassic Park (Film 1993 ...
Aug 3, 2018 Uploaded by Prime1Studio
JranasaurusRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 09:37 AM   #460
67L88Stingray
The Green Hornet
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,795
It had more to do with the ownership making many poor business decisions and also buying millions of dollars worth of props for his own collection with CC funds. I also found out he got into trouble before CC even existed for fraud in relation to his medical career too so it's no shocker he didn't run CC the right way and people are getting screwed now. It's really a shame for everyone else involved.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:56 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com