Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Just The Facts... > Collection Corner

Old 11-08-2018, 06:33 PM   #181
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigeo View Post
Congrats, this piece looks spectacular!! the paint does look flawless in your pictures too....I cannot wait to get her...
The paint app looks amazing. 99% perfect as there are always slight imperfections
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 04:07 AM   #182
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Congrats on Black Widow! Glad to see you are as happy with it as i am!
House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 06:06 AM   #183
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by House View Post
Congrats on Black Widow! Glad to see you are as happy with it as i am!
It's always good when a piece turns out great!
Old 11-10-2018, 08:21 AM   #184
ukshaun
Hercules

Harley Quinn - Painting

Some time ago I spotted a painting of Harley Quinn on the internet. Using Goggle I discovered
the name of the artist responsible for the piece and went on to discover that the painting was
available to buy. The artist in question, has painted a number of paintings of well known movie
stars, and many appear to have been snapped up by buyers.

It took about one month for the piece to arrive, fully framed in a nice black gloss frame, and i
have to say, in person, the piece looks stunning!

I wasn’t going to show it here until it was wall hung. The plan is to hang the painting above the
Prime 1 Harley Quinn 1/3 scale statue. That’s all in the not too distant future.

Today I decided to take some shots using the Sideshow Harley Quinn ¼ scale piece as size reference.
Old 11-10-2018, 03:14 PM   #185
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Wow! So this is an actual painting and not a print?
GaryTonge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 04:20 PM   #186
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post

Harley Quinn - Painting

Some time ago I spotted a painting of Harley Quinn on the internet. Using Goggle I discovered
the name of the artist responsible for the piece and went on to discover that the painting was
available to buy. The artist in question, has painted a number of paintings of well known movie
stars, and many appear to have been snapped up by buyers.

It took about one month for the piece to arrive, fully framed in a nice black gloss frame, and i
have to say, in person, the piece looks stunning!

I wasn’t going to show it here until it was wall hung. The plan is to hang the painting above/behind
the Prime 1 Harley Quinn 1/3 scale statue. That’s all in the not too distant future.

Today I decided to take some shots using the Sideshow Harley Quinn ¼ scale piece as size reference.
Very nice find and a great display plan!
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 06:14 PM   #187
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
Wow! So this is an actual painting and not a print?
It's an actual painting

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
Very nice find and a great display plan!
Thanks. I've been inspired by other collectors set up's.
Old 11-22-2018, 01:35 PM   #188
ukshaun
Hercules

Jaydee Models - The Blood Countess

The Blood Countess arrived today. I’m impressed. It is the first ¼ scale piece I have purchased
that isn’t from a major company. I have been following the work of sculptor Jonathan Dewar
for some time, and made a mental note to add a piece to my collection once the right design
arrived (there was a 1/6 piece, but that sold out ages ago)

I censored the images Prime1 style (black feathers), as i'm not sure if boobies are allowed on the Forum

The Blood Countess is based on the Hungarian countess Elizabeth Bathory, who murdered 100’s
The countess was rumoured to bathe in the blood of her victims, believing that this would help
her regain youthful looks. The piece best fit’s the Erotic Horror genre.

Each piece is cast in the highest grade polyurethane resin and limited to 50 pieces.
At 1.2 kg approx, The Blood Countess is much lighter than a typical ¼ Sideshow piece. I guess
this is the difference between stone-resin and polyurethane resin. All seams (hands - arms.
Head - body) are hidden by lace fabric.

The marble with blood splatter base design is fairly basic, although it suit’s the piece perfectly.
There is a silver vanity mirror that can be positioned on the base. The piece comes with a mask
that can be placed into the portrait.

Positives:
Excellent paint app. Her skin contains various details including faint freckles and moles. The blood
both in the bath and on the skin looks excellent.
Hair sculpt detail is Hot Toys quality smooth, no ugly graining sometimes associated with stone-resin.
Impressive sculpt.
The bath, which feels light, appears to have been moulded (somehow) using plastic/PVC

Negatives.
Nothing major. If I wanted to be super-picky:
The gold stickers on the front and rear of the bath are just that, stickers.
No fancy art box. Not that i expected one. The piece (parts) comes wrapped in bubble-wrap.
The hands slot into the arms that slot into the body using rigid wire, similar to what Weta did with
The Major/Ghost in the Shell, and the fit is not tight. It might be worth gluing them in. In other
words, there are no fancy Sideshow style magnets in use.
Old 11-23-2018, 04:01 AM   #189
ukshaun
Hercules

Display options..

I admire those that display their figures/statues out in the open, but I personally cannot tolerate
dust (settling on my statues). Dust along with rust are two things i wish didn’t exits, but the fact
remains, they do. This plays havoc with my O.C.D.

For some years now I have been using the IKEA Detolf unit. I started with one and progressed
to five. The IKEA Detolf unit offers a good display option at a low price. Over time I have grown
to dislike the Detolf. The gap around the edge of the door allows dust to enter. I dust proofed my
Detolf units, and still I wasn’t satisfied. When Detolf units are placed next to one another against
a wall, it is near impossible to dust between them or behind them. The bigger issue was the
design, as I had read stories of Detolf units shattering. This plays on my mind..

Last week the decision was made to box up my ¼ scale statue collection and dismantle my Detolf
units (I have kept one in tact, for my small scale PVC collectibles). The plan is to build something from wood and
use nine of the Detolf glass panels at the front, to act as a window. Having worked out the height
of the tallest pieces, the plan is to display the ¼ pieces as two rows, two deep, allowing a maximum
of 40 pieces to be displayed, as that’s all I have room for.

Meanwhile..

I’m still thinking on lighting..
Old 11-23-2018, 06:05 AM   #190
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Bloody cool!

Also the artist print ... top... I like sich personal touch collecting items!

Keep us updating with your displaying ideas!
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote