Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 11-20-2018, 10:51 PM   #521
swim
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickrick View Post
Lol! Hilarious! Yeah XM has lapped SS in some pieces for sure. But same can be said vice versa in my opinion. Both companies are my favorite. I love SS Carnage Comiquette, I only just like XM's Carange. I give XM some more points tho bcuz they produce B and C list characters. I hope they make a shocker, and then I'll be happy!
Agree completely , competition will produce better products. I'd like to see edition sizes dropped.
swim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 02:23 PM   #522
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickrick View Post
Very interesting. I don't really have a preference on a company, I just go for whatever is cool. But i'm always relieved when I get a SS piece cuz of flex pay and low shipping prices. But XM never disappoints with quality. I wonder if SS will tease a new Doc Ock in their 12 days of Sideshow coming up?
Personally hoping for spidergwen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post
That is the most ginormous IF I have ever heard of. I honestly don't think a Doc ock would sell enough for them to even consider making one. That's why XM does it with a MTO.

Then you have to factor in the art direction (that's very often a miss for SS lately, I am sure you don't need examples here..) and then the horrid QC, enough to tarnish an absolute masterpiece like Thanos on Throne...

So that's, yes, the biggest IF in this hobby's history.
Well, seems SS’s starting a new spiderman line and the only viable villain outside of green goblin or venom that could really drum up interest is Ock, similar in a way in which they revealed juggernaut (a long wanted fan favorite) for their x-line. Also there are rumors of the sinister six being in the movies and considering SS are about their money i can see them capitalizing off of that opportunity and making an Ock.

Regarding SS hit and miss ratio, tbh XM ock isn’t much to ride home about, won’t take much for SS to make a superior one. You only need look at SS's track record of making superior versions of characters that XM has already put out.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 02:30 PM   #523
Mammal
Blue Falcon

At this point, I’m convinced that XM has learned from an inside source that Sideshow will be doing a Doc Ock, and that’s why we’re seeing the delay in the release of the XM. They don’t want to put theirs up for order, than have Sideshow step in and detract from sales by advertising their version.
Mammal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 03:50 PM   #524
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammal View Post
At this point, I’m convinced that XM has learned from an inside source that Sideshow will be doing a Doc Ock, and that’s why we’re seeing the delay in the release of the XM. They don’t want to put theirs up for order, than have Sideshow step in and detract from sales by advertising their version.
I think you're right. The same is probably happening with Spider-man.

I've lost confidence in Sideshow when it comes to Spider-man. I haven't been impressed with their Spidey line thus far. If their recent Spider-man is any indication, I don't think I'll have any interest in their Doc Oc.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 05:37 PM   #525
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

They def will not give details that XM does. Imo SS will do version minus the jacket it seems most people have expressed minor dislike for it and maybe more tentacles but how they will pull it off will be good question if and when it happens .
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 07:23 PM   #526
RossMcCollector
The Herculoids

I'll be the 1st to say that If Sideshow releases a semi classic Doc Oc without that ridiculous jacket then I'll jump on it.
I gave up on these companies making a classic Doc Oc, but at this point I'll take whatever.
For now though XM's Doc Oc is the one to get since I have no other option.

RossMcCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 07:59 PM   #527
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Personally hoping for spidergwen. Well, seems SS’s starting a new spiderman line and the only viable villain outside of green goblin or venom that could really drum up interest is Ock, similar in a way in which they revealed juggernaut (a long wanted fan favorite) for their x-line. Also there are rumors of the sinister six being in the movies and considering SS are about their money i can see them capitalizing off of that opportunity and making an Ock.

Regarding SS hit and miss ratio, tbh XM ock isn’t much to ride home about, won’t take much for SS to make a superior one. You only need look at SS's track record of making superior versions of characters that XM has already put out.
I'd say it's around 50/50 and SS usually gets to go last which a huge advantage.

SS wins with Thanos, Phoenix is debatable, imo XM DP, SS DP, then XM Phoenix.

XM wins with Mangeto, Mystique and Venom.

I'd actually say XM is winning and they're willing to do 2nd and 3rd tier characters.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 08:10 PM   #528
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossMcCollector View Post
I'll be the 1st to say that If Sideshow releases a semi classic Doc Oc without that ridiculous jacket then I'll jump on it.
I gave up on these companies making a classic Doc Oc, but at this point I'll take whatever.
For now though XM's Doc Oc is the one to get since I have no other option.

Damn that's such an awesome setup! Usually not a big fan of customs but that Hobgoblin looks amazing and the colors really pop! And that Scorpion is great, wow lol.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 09:31 PM   #529
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

The thing is Dr Octopus has sported a coat over last 15 years easy so the jacket does not bother me as much as the colour. Maybe if it were black or dark green it may change the look. It’s a great statue I’d hate to see a better one come around more my taste and waste my cash. There are few blue chip villains I have to have in 1/4

Venom
Carnage
Green goblin
Hobgoblin
Dr octopus

I don’t think they get more important to me anyways than that group.
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 06:44 AM   #530
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

The Jacket on the XM Doc wouldn't have been so bad if they didn't put FIVE belts on it, plus the belts around the wrists.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote