Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-30-2017, 12:07 PM   #191
SONICobra
Bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I actually hope we never see her remove the helmet. It just isn't necessary IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
I agree. I think helmeted characters should not be played by big stars, that way there is no need to show their face onscreen. The best example of how to do a helmeted character on film, who is the main character BTW, is Judge Dredd in the Dredd film from a couple of years ago. Never took the helmet off onscreen, and he was played by Karl Urban, who is not an unknown actor.
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 01:15 PM   #192
Python
Omega Red

This looks really good! But I still couldn't be less interested in the character for now so I won't be buying it. Kudos on the cool execution of it though.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 02:38 PM   #193
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I actually hope we never see her remove the helmet. It just isn't necessary IMO.
Maybe they can use a Megan fox to take over this character?
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 05:59 PM   #194
Xaerius
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Maybe they can use a Megan fox to take over this character?
If they had no plans to ever have her remove her mask in the movies, it doesn't really make sense that they would have chosen a well-known actress (who likely comes with a heftier price tag than any other unknown but capable actress) so I think she'll be removing her mask in at least one of the next two sequels.

Then again Daniel Craig was in the movie as a one-off (most likely) and never removed his stormtrooper helmet either. Hmmm...anything is possible, I suppose.

(BTW, I know I said actress but I can't get used to using the term actor for females...it is an age thing - it used to be politically correct so...)
Xaerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 06:03 PM   #195
Xaerius
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
SSAlex said Chromed.
In that case, it would be nice if she could confirm for us if it will be chromed plastic, metal, or other material as it does make a difference to many of us.

It is good to have verification that the production pieces will definitely be chromed though so that is a positive. Cool!
Xaerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 06:46 PM   #196
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaerius View Post
If they had no plans to ever have her remove her mask in the movies, it doesn't really make sense that they would have chosen a well-known actress (who likely comes with a heftier price tag than any other unknown but capable actress) so I think she'll be removing her mask in at least one of the next two sequels.

Then again Daniel Craig was in the movie as a one-off (most likely) and never removed his stormtrooper helmet either. Hmmm...anything is possible, I suppose.

(BTW, I know I said actress but I can't get used to using the term actor for females...it is an age thing - it used to be politically correct so...)
It's possible she was hired simply due to her imposing size for a woman, her voice and acting ability. Gwendoline Christy isn't exactly known for much outside of Game of Thrones so I doubt they paid A-list money to acquire her. Plus this is Star Wars, she probably jumped at the chance to be a part of this saga as it will only increase her exposure. Fans know who she is whether the actual character of Phasma removes her helmet or not so it's a good career move regardless.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 07:01 PM   #197
Luminous
Cyclops

Christie is a huge fan of Star Wars. Like Pegg she is just happy to be a part of it all.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 03:36 AM   #198
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
SSAlex said Chromed.
Chroming is not cheap if done right...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 08:58 AM   #199
Raas Kaaz
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Chroming is not cheap if done right...
it wont be chromed.. they will make it look more chromy .. but they said it wont be chromed.

While not showing how it looks what we getting at pre-order day is beyond me .. Why would I pre order something I dont know how it will look???
Raas Kaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 03:30 PM   #200
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

The Captain Phasma PF shows a ship date of JAN18 - MAR18? Wow, that's the shortest lead time I've ever seen for a PF.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote