Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > Statue Reviews

Old 04-14-2012, 12:09 AM   #1
JAWS
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Art Asylum Hulk Review

Wow I was not expecting this. I have been looking at this statue forever. I always liked it but the head sculpt has kept me from ever getting it. It's got that 90's style Hulk head that I am not in love with. However I LOVE this statue. This may be my second Fav. Hulk statue that I have right behind the comiquette. I knew that I would like it. I always liked the Body sculpt but I really did not expect to like it this much.

Face sculpt - 3.5 out of 5 - It's a well done sculpt but like I said it's got that 90's style. Now should I take off points for that? I don't know. It does have some issues with the eyes. Something is just off. Whatever it is the face sculpt is the weakest part of the statue IMO but it's still pretty darn good.

B]Body Sculpt - 5 out of 5 / Pose - 5 out of 5 - Total 5 out of 5[/B] - I love the body sculpt on this piece. He has a masive body and the detail of the muscles is spot on. Lots of attention was given to the body sculpt and it is the best part of this piece. The pose is damn good and gets bonus points for being different from most other Hulk statues. Great Job.

Paint - 3.5 out of 5 - I took a whole point off because I am not in love with color green they chose. It's done very well I just would have liked a darker green. Other then that the paint is very well done on the Hulk and the base.

Base 5 out of 5 - Excellent base here with a lot of detail. You can see that there is a robot arm on the ground and you know Hulk has just got done smashing. I love the look of the street and the dirt that you can see under the concrete. SS comiquette should have had this dirt detail in thier piece. Fellow board member bearmodel did a custom paint job of the Hulk comi base and added this kind of detail and it looks great.

Overall - 4.5 out of 5 - One great paint job and a more 70's or 00's head would have gave this a perfect score. But it still is great and is a keeper. I can see letting a Bowen go if I need funds but I will not be selling this guy ever.
JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:10 AM   #2
JAWS
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Updated with photos back in place.
JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote