Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-29-2016, 11:49 AM   #111
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Well that's just it many will obviously not like the price of this and future Star Wars pieces, but will pay them because there are many Star Wars fans out there! I didn't like when premium formats went above $400 but myself and others still paid for them and same goes for now! They are really testing waters as of late and sales are still being made in the masses from the looks of it. I don't see the pricing to slow down this year or next year!

But the days when we ordered 15-20 pieces a year are over and becoming to try and pick 4-5 pieces up! Sad

Regarding this piece, we have the original maul and really like it but the light up saber used the old led tech and it's not that great ... Loved the neon light sabers they've been doing but at these prices I really don't understand if it's going to not light up! Sorry but saber characters need the option of a light up and I can't believe Kylo will not have one, just strikes me as odd especially with its price point. I'm not really liking where these Star Wars characters and revisits are currently standing..

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 01:27 PM   #112
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
Well that's just it many will obviously not like the price of this and future Star Wars pieces, but will pay them because there are many Star Wars fans out there! I didn't like when premium formats went above $400 but myself and others still paid for them and same goes for now! They are really testing waters as of late and sales are still being made in the masses from the looks of it. I don't see the pricing to slow down this year or next year!

But the days when we ordered 15-20 pieces a year are over and becoming to try and pick 4-5 pieces up! Sad

Regarding this piece, we have the original maul and really like it but the light up saber used the old led tech and it's not that great ... Loved the neon light sabers they've been doing but at these prices I really don't understand if it's going to not light up! Sorry but saber characters need the option of a light up and I can't believe Kylo will not have one, just strikes me as odd especially with its price point. I'm not really liking where these Star Wars characters and revisits are currently standing..

Sarah
I disagree. Unless pricing continues to rise in places that the statues companies can't control (things like labor, shipping etc), I think pricing will stabilize in the region its in right now. I think we have seen the last price rises we will see for a good long while, especially in regards to Sideshow. I don't think they have any desire to hit the $600 mark with thier regular sized 1:4 statues.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 04:34 PM   #113
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
No, I didn't. If Sideshow does for Maul what they did for Spider-man in terms of change outs and at that price I'll PO him Day 1. I'd love for Sideshow to surprise me, but I'm expecting a bare bones release for over $500.
Well between Spider-man. Wolverine, Aquaman and a few others having multiple heads and hands I'd say there's a shot, maybe not a great one, but a shot.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 03:54 AM   #114
Warrzone
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khufu View Post
I'm late to the Star Wars PF game, but I'm trying to collect villains. I have the newer Boba Fett, the new Vader on PO, Kylo (used reward pts to get him for $300), and now I'm hoping to add Darth Maul. I just hope they don't go overboard on the price. I wanted to get the First Order Stormtrooper, but I just couldn't justify the price consider the generic pose, etc...

I'll probably get Maul regardless of price, but it doesn't mean I have to like the price lol. I'd love a switch out portrait - one with the stare and one with a snarl. A light-up saber is almost necessary, but its SS... so all bets are off.
I'm in the same boat as you, new to the collecting game and collecting all the villains as well. I'll prob pre order maul as well. Skipped on both storm troopers for your same reasons . I did elect to get the mcquarrie prototypes. Even though they are a bit smaller then the PFs I think they will still display nicely with them.
Warrzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 04:48 AM   #115
Obi-Wan Kenobi
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Exclusive Edition confirmed!
Obi-Wan Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 07:29 AM   #116
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Well between Spider-man. Wolverine, Aquaman and a few others having multiple heads and hands I'd say there's a shot, maybe not a great one, but a shot.
I'd be more likely to agree with you if any of the ones you named were Star Wars characters. Sideshow seems to have an aversion to including extras with Star Wars PFs, which makes me appreciate the lower-scaled Mythic line all the more. Guess we'll find out Tuesday if it'll be more Spider-Man than Kylo Ren.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 11:32 AM   #117
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi View Post
Really?
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 11:48 AM   #118
actionjackson83
Midnighter

watch the exclusive be light up lol...
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 11:57 AM   #119
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi View Post
Who'd you poke last night to get that info?

Would be thrilled with a light up. That's the info we really want.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 04:46 PM   #120
ambasah
Red Skull

I think a light up exclusive and non-light up regular is an awesome idea. keeps both camps happy. sort of like the old vs dios.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote