Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-18-2014, 11:47 AM   #141
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

I think the show is very strong. Really liking it as a backstory series. Sure it's finding its legs but I think it's doing so pretty quickly.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 12:02 PM   #142
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
I think the show is very strong. Really liking it as a backstory series. Sure it's finding its legs but I think it's doing so pretty quickly.
I also like the backstory and how Penguin is plotting to ultimately be the crimelord of Gotham. He's got all the existing crimebosses playing off each other.

Even though Bruce is sort of in the background I like how he's not handling the grief like most people would. He obviously is a much stronger individual, probably like his father. I think we will see more of Bruce's growth in future episodes.
Old 11-18-2014, 12:37 PM   #143
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

I think Bruce will be Batman.
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 04:55 PM   #144
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
I too am really enjoying Gotham. Forgetful of me, after reading comics & Batman for so long, to be reminded by a show how rich the backstory can be. I know a lot of this stuff is just show creation, but it still works & feels like it's accomplishing what it set out to do; lay groundwork for Batman's eventual birth, even if he never sees the show. Also, I can see Batman eventually skulking, creeping, fighting & sleuthing in practically every set, both interior & exterior, shown. It looks like Gotham should look. I also love this Alfred.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 07:13 PM   #145
moon_knight1971
Rescue

It's ok imo. I watch and am not drawn in like I am to Arrow, SHIELD or the Flash. Considering how young BW is I think it takes away from some of the villains they're introducing. We're still looking at 8 - 10 years before he puts the suit on.
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 08:28 AM   #146
abarron
Batman

Watched the mid season finale last night
Wasn't too bad and the series has grown on me but still think its nowhere near Arrow or Flash quality
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 08:47 PM   #147
risingstar
Jedi Order

Just finished season 4. This has been a really fun show to watch. I love the way it is shot. While season 1-3 were clearly better than season 4, it is still one of the better comic shows to watch.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 02:54 PM   #148
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Resurrecting after 9 months... guess the very anti climatic end wont be a surprise based on the threads inactivity.

Super disapointed with the very underwhelming cosplay Batsuit. They couldnt even spend a decent penny on Penguins fat suit. What was that, a throw pillow stuffed under his shirt?
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 03:43 PM   #149
protector2814
Phoenix

I didn't think the final episode was bad at all. Sure, it was Gotham, so it took liberties, but I loved the 1 or 2 far-shots which showed The Bat moving from building top to building top. I liked the Selina stuff, a young Barbara, Alfred shown "in the know" & the Joker was a fun & gross take. The Riddler looked great, imo.. It was fine. fin', done. What caused me to scratch my head was the James Bond-esque, Alfred tease for that new series.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 05:43 PM   #150
off
The X-Men

Really liked the episode but yikes, the cosplay (way to nail it) batsuit in the final scene really was bad. They should have just kept to long shots.
off is offline   Reply With Quote