Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-18-2018, 07:58 PM   #611
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
How many caps have they made so far?2, so i think we can atleast look forward to another 2 over the next 10 years(hopefully a classic). Odd though i would have thought they would have made more caps considering the popularity of the character.
If I remember correctly, there have been 3 comic Cap PFs released before this new one. The classic OG PF, the Allied Charge Cap PF, and the Bucky Cap PF. I'm not counting the Avengers Assemble Cap because it's 1/5 scale. You'd think Cap is a popular enough character to revisit in his classic costume at least once in a decade.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 09:31 PM   #612
COI

I've changed my stance on the classic costume debate.

I used to complain about these re-worked costumes, but the more I think about it, the more I realize it's kind of a ridiculous think to be annoyed about. A-list characters will continue to be made over and over; even if it takes a while, revists of classic costumes are inevitable, and I'm not sure it would be a good thing to have the classics remade over and over either.

These interpretations give long-term collectors variety. And if they don't do it for me, I'm happy to pass because there's way too many things I'm interested in anyway.

That said, I really like this piece.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 10:25 PM   #613
FJC
Midnighter

I don't mind sideshowified costumes under certain circumstances. If possible, I'd always prefer the 1st PF of any character to be in his/her classic costume. For example, not getting a classic Magneto or Deathstroke PF really stung. Also, with A list characters, revisit them in classic costumes every 5 to 10 years. I think Wolverine is a good example. Sideshow released the 1/4 comiquette and PF in his classic yellow costume. Then they gave us a great looking Wolverine in his Astonishing costume with a few sideshowified tweaks.

IMO, Cap is an A list Marvel character that deserves to be released in classic form more than once. The same would go for Spidey, HULK, Iron Man, Superman, Batman, etc...

There's definitely nothing wrong with changing things up. However, I hope that changes can come without cutting off the classic characters so many of us prefer and sideshow built their business on.
Old 07-19-2018, 04:37 AM   #614
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Worst legs ever!
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 05:23 AM   #615
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post
Worst legs ever!
Plus Doomsday
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 05:25 AM   #616
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

They could had just not added those stripe pants. That would just be fine. Ssc sure doesn't understand that sometimes less is actually more. The pants stripes are just too busy and totally unnecessary.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 11:44 AM   #617
FJC
Midnighter

IMO, there's a lot that was unnecessarily added to this PF.
Old 07-19-2018, 01:56 PM   #618
1COLLECTOR
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

This PF is fantastic, love the design, pose and the very large shield.
1COLLECTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 01:58 PM   #619
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Sometimes I look at this piece and I consider ordering it and other times I think he looks awkward as hell. I’m not sure what it is about it. I guess it’s just right in the middle for me. I don’t hate it and I don’t love it.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 02:28 AM   #620
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
Sometimes I look at this piece and I consider ordering it and other times I think he looks awkward as hell. I’m not sure what it is about it. I guess it’s just right in the middle for me. I don’t hate it and I don’t love it.
Feeling the same way about it, with the added fact that i have Black Widow on order and intend on keeping it that way. Not sure if i should or shouldn't order heh. I like Cap, just not one of my favorite characters.
House is offline   Reply With Quote