Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Artist's Alley

Old 02-14-2017, 01:57 PM   #1
Error Flynn
Doh!

ICO Statue

Well since it's my first post before continue to what i am about to talk about allow me a small story first. I have been a collector for more than 15 years. I collect statues only that have to do with video games since that genre is my passion. I come from Athens Greece and two years ago because of the huge economic crisis (many of you know i am sure) we are dealing at that point we were unable as a country to use our credit cards to buy staff from abroad. At that time one day i saw that a new statue is coming out from on of my favourite game "JOURNEY". I was really upset and sad because i knew there was no way around to buy it. That night i slept thinking on a solution about that. When i woke up the next day i said to myself "what the heck if i cannot buy one i will make one!'. And that was my entry in the world of sculpting. I do not sculpt for selling etc although this has passed my mind. I sculpt out of the love i have for some of my "friends" i have met in all these years i have been a gamer and these years are more than 35. So time passed... i kept on sculpting and now i want to present to you my latest creation which as you already guess it's ICO. It is made out o polymer clay. And as i speaking i am preparing the final video of his presentation. So.. a few pics of him then unpainted and a video in time lapse to the final result without colour. I hope you will enjoy it and please let me know what you think. Sorry for the long post and thanks for your time guys.

The pics:

http://imgur.com/6jrlYTv
http://imgur.com/XZDjbiY

The video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgIeNpWUHqM
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ICO-01.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	147.0 KB
ID:	101929   Click image for larger version

Name:	ICO-02.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	140.1 KB
ID:	101930  
Error Flynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 05:00 PM   #2
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Very nice job!

Big Colossus, Ico, Journey fan as well. I missed out on the Journey statue too, but FYI, they MAY be working on a 1:4 Journey statue. So keep an eye open.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 05:14 PM   #3
Error Flynn
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Very nice job!

Big Colossus, Ico, Journey fan as well. I missed out on the Journey statue too, but FYI, they MAY be working on a 1:4 Journey statue. So keep an eye open.
Thanks ZenLogikos! Try Last Guardian as well if you haven't already.
Old 02-14-2017, 05:23 PM   #4
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Error Flynn View Post
Thanks ZenLogikos! Try Last Guardian as well if you haven't already.
Of course! Got the collector's edition with the statue. I rarely buy special editions, but can't pass up Team Ico stuff.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 05:40 PM   #5
Error Flynn
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Of course! Got the collector's edition with the statue. I rarely buy special editions, but can't pass up Team Ico stuff.
Bought the collector's edition as well...naturally!
Trico came up quite nicely... the boy could have been better in the statue... the game...? Magnificent!
Old 02-21-2017, 06:20 AM   #6
Error Flynn
Doh!

After some time of painting the sculpture, shooting material, montage and sound design i prepared the video of the ICO statue.
Hope you like it.

E.F.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM6BDp0Mllo