Old 07-19-2018, 08:17 AM   #141
Raziel85
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I remember the first premium format figure of which I speak:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collecti...hive/?sku=7146

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoGb_MghDW0

naked without pajamas:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXeiTeVfoCM

to be a smaller figure than this LSF has well painted stripes, right? and seamless on the neck.

if sideshow is convinced to decapitate this Spidey LSF, please do so by sculpting the red part of the suit and cutting through the black line.
And maybe they could put two or three interchangeable heads (one classic, one unmasked).

this sculpture is crying out for changes and improvements...
Raziel85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 08:19 AM   #142
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post

I am not sure Sideshow understands that these have to be the ultimate/ideal representations of these characters.
If there were two legendary scale figures I would consider it would be Batman and Spider-Man. Unfortunately, SSC has managed to blow Batman because, well who the hell choose that pose, and Spider-Man because he looks like a kid in a bad Halloweeen costume.... these are no where near the ideal representation of the characters.... hell I wouldn't put this one over the PF they did what.... 13 years ago.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 09:31 AM   #143
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Haven’t read the rest of the thread but in my opinion I think it looks dreadful.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 10:31 AM   #144
Raziel85
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Please look at these photos .. this is the correct development of this figure if they want to put clothes on it.

I can not believe that sideshow took so long to develop this figure to get this result in an LSF.

In contrast, the wolverine LSF is very similar in development and technique to the wolverine premium format figure classic.

as it is possible that a sculpture 1/4 scale is better detailed than a sculpture 1/2 scale, please ??

This ship has to change course if it wants to reach port. On this current path the ship sinks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	115353   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	190.4 KB
ID:	115354   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	197.1 KB
ID:	115355  
Raziel85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 11:53 AM   #145
sketch
Doh!

I remain excited about this piece and think the pictures form the con look impressive and meet my expectations. I guess I'm in the minority in that I prefer 1/2 scaled statues to have fabric when applicable as it provides a much greater sense of realism. With that said the neck seam in the profile shot really irks me. Am hopeful Sideshow will eliminate it in the final product and if so hope to add this to my collection.
sketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 01:48 PM   #146
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentwinter92 View Post
Am I the only one that thinks this looks good ?
I kind of like it too.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 02:11 PM   #147
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Also, what is up with the eyes. There are so many artists interpretations that look better for the eyes in the mask with the black border around the white part. McFarlane or Larsen style would have given it a better look.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 03:24 PM   #148
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
Also, what is up with the eyes. There are so many artists interpretations that look better for the eyes in the mask with the black border around the white part. McFarlane or Larsen style would have given it a better look.
I believe there will be switch-out eyes, but I agree with you in terms of what's on display.

I'm continually disappointed in the choices made for Spidey's eyes in statues. I love the old school, thick black border look, and the only statue that uses it is the "classics" faux bronze sitting here on my desk.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 04:40 PM   #149
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
I believe there will be switch-out eyes, but I agree with you in terms of what's on display.

I'm continually disappointed in the choices made for Spidey's eyes in statues. I love the old school, thick black border look, and the only statue that uses it is the "classics" faux bronze sitting here on my desk.
That seems to be the popular opinion here.

But personally for me I've never liked those classic looking eyes all that much, and have much preferred how they've looked more recently and in the various films.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 09:49 AM   #150
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

love the fully costumed idea, like the classic perching pose, but i do hope they revise the head and give it more facial features for a more realistic look. for the scale this is im surprised that the head is lacking facial features. so i hope they correct this. its the one and only thing thats killing it for me.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote