Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 04-16-2012, 09:44 AM   #321
jkno4u
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Red face

Not to forget there are other ANH helmets made from the same Rick Baker mold which eFX used. And since those other helmets are painted by the real professionals and not by some Chinese workers (trained or now), I'd go for them in an instant against any eFX bucket. But those are HARD to find, still well worth the trouble. Glad I'm not a Vader collector because I would have to had one.

We've just been told the old MR/eFX Stormtrooper LE helmet is not accurate (not that personally I didn't know that, but many believed everything MR or eFX threw at them and still do) and the new Legend version will be the mother of them all: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1070056-6/#post18777881.

I've just got a real deactivated Sterling converted as a VERY accurate Stormtrooper blaster and I made a comparison with the MR Stormtrooper blaster. The licensed MR blaster is cool and has some of the feeling but is not exactly like the real thing. Read that thread and see why.

I'm telling all this not to see people in a couple years being disappointed the truth is still out there...
jkno4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:48 PM   #322
cap70
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I know all of that buddy, been there done that many times. That was not my point. Point was it's the bucket from my favorite movie and for me the definitive licensed Vader collectible/bucket to have. AND from the "real" original molds. The painting by the "chinese workers" is not a biggie, I can paint myself in case I don't like it. The original "form" is accurately there, that's my main concern.

Now if someone release a whole 1:1 statue, all accurate, then that will be another story...even though I dunno if I would go for it(had a 1:1 ANH Vader wip before, pretty accurate, but takes a huge amount of space so I ended up giving up the whole project)
cap70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:51 PM   #323
DynamicMenace

i agree cap70. ANH Vader is the meanest most intimidating helmet out of the the three. specially with it larger dome widows peak and battle damaged face plate. there is another helmet out there that has direct lineage to the film used helmet. which is about 650 dollars more than the efx. and that's unpainted..
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:26 PM   #324
Darth Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap70 View Post
Nah, ANH is _THE_ Vader Helmet for me. That was the first time I saw Vader in the screen(1977) and that's the only DV Helmet I will ever need.

The ANH Vader was always the most frightening when I was a kid. Even thought the ROTJ has more cool features, the ANH is my favorite style. And I grew up with ROTJ. I think once they ground that widows peak off the dome, he went from mean and scary to just mean.
Darth Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:27 PM   #325
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Pain View Post

The ANH Vader was always the most frightening when I was a kid. Even thought the ROTJ has more cool features, the ANH is my favorite style. And I grew up with ROTJ. I think once they ground that widows peak off the dome, he went from mean and scary to just mean.
it wasn't just that they ground down the widows peak though. they made the dome slightly smaller for ESB. and then they enlarged the eyes for ROTJ.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:34 AM   #326
jkno4u

Quote:
I know all of that buddy, been there done that many times. That was not my point. Point was it's the bucket from my favorite movie and for me the definitive licensed Vader collectible/bucket to have. AND from the "real" original molds. The painting by the "chinese workers" is not a biggie, I can paint myself in case I don't like it. The original "form" is accurately there, that's my main concern.

Now if someone release a whole 1:1 statue, all accurate, then that will be another story...even though I dunno if I would go for it(had a 1:1 ANH Vader wip before, pretty accurate, but takes a huge amount of space so I ended up giving up the whole project)

For example I read about people waiting for Sideshow to make a full-size Stormtrooper or Vader or Fett statue, instead of buying a more accurate fan made armor for waaaay less than an 1:1 statue would cost.

Why don't you go for a fan made Vader 1:1 armor on mannequin then? It takes some time to make it yourself but there are some ready for sale from time to time especially with these hard times. There are some VERY accurate out there if you know where to look. The same with Stormtroopers. There is a full size very accurate Boba Fett costume for sale right now on RPF.

Why wait for Sideshow or other companies to make them. Just look at Sideshow's "accurate" products, or at Rubies or Museum Replicas - many of those are far from accurate from any angle you look at them.

But some people are just declaring they collect props, instead many collect just the shiny plaques with small edition numbers, nice COA's and mirrored display cases that come with the props...
Old 04-17-2012, 02:58 AM   #327
cap70

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkno4u View Post
For example I read about people waiting for Sideshow to make a full-size Stormtrooper or Vader or Fett statue, instead of buying a more accurate fan made armor for waaaay less than an 1:1 statue would cost.

Why don't you go for a fan made Vader 1:1 armor on mannequin then? It takes some time to make it yourself but there are some ready for sale from time to time especially with these hard times. There are some VERY accurate out there if you know where to look. The same with Stormtroopers. There is a full size very accurate Boba Fett costume for sale right now on RPF.

Why wait for Sideshow or other companies to make them. Just look at Sideshow's "accurate" products, or at Rubies or Museum Replicas - many of those are far from accurate from any angle you look at them.

But some people are just declaring they collect props, instead many collect just the shiny plaques with small edition numbers, nice COA's and mirrored display cases that come with the props...
Did you read what I posted above??? If not, let me repeat it for you:

"Now if someone release a whole 1:1 statue, all accurate, then that will be another story...even though I dunno if I would go for it(had a 1:1 ANH Vader wip before, pretty accurate, but takes a huge amount of space so I ended up giving up the whole project)(had a 1:1 ANH Vader wip before, pretty accurate, but takes a huge amount of space so I ended up giving up the whole project)"

Spent almost 2,000 on parts, but was taking too much space and I didn't have the time to finish. So EVEN if eFX releases an "accurate" Vader 1:1 full size, I probably wouldn't buy it for lack of space. Got it?

About "accurate" things from companies, I know VERY well buddy, don't need to literate me about that. Have been collecting since 1995, I know pretty well how things are, but thanks for your concerns.

This eFX helmet is different. Why? Cause not only it REALLY comes from the original molds, but Gino helped to make them and there's no one out there that I would trust more than Gino when it comes to Star Wars props.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:00 AM   #328
cap70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Pain View Post

Exactly. Besides, the ROTJ reveal reminds me of "old Anakin". I got pretty disappointed when I saw his ugly face at the end of ROTJ! lol
Old 04-17-2012, 03:15 AM   #329
jkno4u

Smile

Quote:
Did you read what I posted above??? If not, let me repeat it for you:

"Now if someone release a whole 1:1 statue, all accurate, then that will be another story...even though I dunno if I would go for it(had a 1:1 ANH Vader wip before, pretty accurate, but takes a huge amount of space so I ended up giving up the whole project)(had a 1:1 ANH Vader wip before, pretty accurate, but takes a huge amount of space so I ended up giving up the whole project)"

Spent almost 2,000 on parts, but was taking too much space and I didn't have the time to finish. So EVEN if eFX releases an "accurate" Vader 1:1 full size, I probably wouldn't buy it for lack of space. Got it?

About "accurate" things from companies, I know VERY well buddy, don't need to literate me about that. Have been collecting since 1995, I know pretty well how things are, but thanks for your concerns.

This eFX helmet is different. Why? Cause not only it REALLY comes from the original molds, but Gino helped to make them and there's no one out there that I would trust more than Gino when it comes to Star Wars props.
Did you read my second phrase in the post above? "It takes some time to make it yourself but there are some ready for sale from time to time especially with these hard times." If not please eard again.

Also eFX will not make a full size Vader. Why? eFX told us that specifically. But since you know so much, please ellaborate, buddy. As for trusting Gino on everything Star Wars props, my opinion differs.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:24 AM   #330
cap70

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkno4u View Post
Did you read my second phrase in the post above? "It takes some time to make it yourself but there are some ready for sale from time to time especially with these hard times." If not please eard again.

Also eFX will not make a full size Vader. Why? eFX told us that specifically. But since you know so much, please ellaborate, buddy. As for trusting Gino on everything Star Wars props, my opinion differs.
You have trouble understanding people, don't you? LOL!
I don't have space, doesn't matter if there's one for sale or not. THAT'S why I stopped my project. Now you get it? Hope so!

And I never said eFX will make one, where did I say that? I said IF they make one. Again, IF. So don't put words in mouth for the sake of keeping arguing, ok?