Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 03-23-2018, 06:11 PM   #201
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
There have to be different qualities of resin. I have been collecting resin kits for as long as I have been collecting statues. I've seen it all. If they are using the resin I think they are, that stuff is very hard and brittle.

If resin is all the same, then why did the rep say that a cheaper resin was used?
I didn't say all Resin's were the same, I said those statues produced in China from different companies as far as I know use the same resin/materials. The stuff in the USA is different and is less toxic in its liquid form but is also more expensive. A lot of the chinese factories use polystone which is a resin compound that incorporates another material, typically aluminum hydrate, which has a lot of advantages but also makes it more brittle than resin or vinyl or PVC. I don't know if that is what makes them more toxic or something else, I am not that much of an expert, just a little knowledge. My point was he was saying the resin used in China is cheaper than what is available in the US so anyting they make in house in the US will necessarily have higher materials cost. He was mainly meaning cheaper as less costly and not necessarily less quality in the finished product.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 06:24 PM   #202
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

I guess my main thing I was saying is I have a lot of mass produced statues from different companies that were made in China and several have broken either in shipment or due to my own errors and they are the same as far as I can tell. If anything I would say the ARH stuff is heavier on most of them, with the exception of the Viking, which seemed really light for some reason.
Old 03-23-2018, 07:31 PM   #203
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

TNovak if I recall Cosmic had a broken Ares and ARH didn't want to fix or refund it,something about that.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 07:53 PM   #204
Arkalogik
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Pheidias View Post
Yes I would rather you don't bother with any updates I am buying ARH statues I would rather be updated from someone who works there.
When I say I do not work there, I mean I am not an employee. I am a self employed freelance artist that does contract work for ARH Studios as well as many other studios and clients.
Arkalogik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 07:59 PM   #205
Arkalogik
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
So ARH is making in-house AP statues to fund the resin for statues that people paid for over three years ago?

That makes absolutely no sense.

And why was cheap resin used on this statue to begin with?
I don't see any other companies having this many issues with production.
Sounds like someone is cutting way too many corners.
I get the want to increase profit, but in the end, it might cost you less money going with better materials.
It is obvious these issues wouldn't have happened if better resin was used.
Arahom might need that explained to him, but knowing him, he won't get it and just throw a tantrum.

I really feel for the collectors that are still waiting on your pieces. No piece should take over three years to complete.

This is not a special occurrence, ARH has been doing this for as long as I can remember. 10+ years. But people just keep giving him money.

I really hope everything works out for you guys and gals. I feel for you.
Every single company like Sideshow and all the rest that have production in China use the exact same polyester cold cast style resin as ARH studios. It is all the same and yes it much cheaper and more toxic than the polyurethane resin that we have to use in the US due to restrictions. The resin we use in the US is superior in my opinion because it may break but it does not shatter into pieces like polyester resin. Hope that makes sense. ARH never used inferior resin...they use the industry standard. The problem with broken statues is a packing issue from the factory not a resin issue.
Arkalogik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 10:30 PM   #206
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkalogik View Post
When I say I do not work there, I mean I am not an employee. I am a self employed freelance artist that does contract work for ARH Studios as well as many other studios and clients.
ok
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 10:44 PM   #207
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

maybe if Leo bust sells well and Arkalogik gets paid we might see Achilles Medusa and Alexander bust next ..
Old 03-24-2018, 01:13 AM   #208
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus View Post
TNovak if I recall Cosmic had a broken Ares and ARH didn't want to fix or refund it,something about that.
I don't think Arahom has ever refused to fix a statue. If I recall correctly, and Cosmic can correct me if I'm wrong, he had ordered a gold Ares and was mad that he didn't get the extra head that came with the Red version and may have had some concern that the spear was like 2 mm shorter than the red or something?

Anyway if that is the case what happened was when the red version came out several of the helmeted heads were arriving with a broken tail that comes off the brush so ARH did the head/helmet tail differently on the Gold so the second head wouldn't work.

I have never seen anyone display that second head ever. It is helmetless and he is seriously bald with a pony tail and looks like he is blind. I love ARH but it is the second worse second head ever produced after the Achilles. I would gladly send Cosmic my second head if my boxes weren't all in storage and it would be such a pain to dig it out and I guess the point is it wouldn't work on the gold anyway.

So I think Arahom wouldn't refund him because he got a gold Ares undamaged like he ordered. I have no idea about the spear but I always give the Great One cr@p about his gold version with the stubby spear.

Cosmic may have other issues with ARH as well, I don't know, that is just the one I think I remember. I don't think he has any statues on order not delivered but again I don't know.
Old 03-24-2018, 01:17 AM   #209
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

One other advantage of implementing my earlier idea of offering one of the in house statues or equal value to those who have been waiting so long (in some cases years) would be let's say I'm a guy who has sent ARH a grand plus and am waiting on a couple statues. I might really like some of the new ones but I'm not sending him any more money until I get what I'm owed. Let's say I've ordered Arkala and something else. ARH offers me Leo bust or Zeus now. Then I can get something for the money I've already paid now so at least I can't get totally screwed out of my money if things really do go south. Then once the China made statues come in I can order them again if I am so inclined (and I likely would be, because I wanted them before). If not, I think they would still sell to guys who wanted them but were reluctant to send money but would do so if they were in hand ready to ship.
Old 03-24-2018, 03:32 AM   #210
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
I don't think Arahom has ever refused to fix a statue. If I recall correctly, and Cosmic can correct me if I'm wrong, he had ordered a gold Ares and was mad that he didn't get the extra head that came with the Red version and may have had some concern that the spear was like 2 mm shorter than the red or something?

Anyway if that is the case what happened was when the red version came out several of the helmeted heads were arriving with a broken tail that comes off the brush so ARH did the head/helmet tail differently on the Gold so the second head wouldn't work.

I have never seen anyone display that second head ever. It is helmetless and he is seriously bald with a pony tail and looks like he is blind. I love ARH but it is the second worse second head ever produced after the Achilles. I would gladly send Cosmic my second head if my boxes weren't all in storage and it would be such a pain to dig it out and I guess the point is it wouldn't work on the gold anyway.

So I think Arahom wouldn't refund him because he got a gold Ares undamaged like he ordered. I have no idea about the spear but I always give the Great One cr@p about his gold version with the stubby spear.

Cosmic may have other issues with ARH as well, I don't know, that is just the one I think I remember. I don't think he has any statues on order not delivered but again I don't know.
my ARES is perfect..not sure what you on about..I feel like I gone back in time to 2014 visitng this thread..anyway I hope you guys waiting get your statues soon..it is a very impressive piece..I won't say it is worth the wait because waiting 3 yrs for any statue would drive anyone mad