Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-12-2018, 01:45 AM   #1231
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
I think he's agreeing with you. The teal one is the sideshow direct one no?
Lol. I must need a nap.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 08:45 AM   #1232
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Lol. I must need a nap.
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 09:12 AM   #1233
R3DH3R0
Doh!

Crap, got my replacement today. First one had paint issues, and her base was broken. This one is perfect main statue and base wise, but the tail is cracked. I really hope they can replace the tail. I don't want to send the whole thing back and get another one like the first :[
R3DH3R0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 09:16 AM   #1234
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3DH3R0 View Post
Crap, got my replacement today. First one had paint issues, and her base was broken. This one is perfect main statue and base wise, but the tail is cracked. I really hope they can replace the tail. I don't want to send the whole thing back and get another one like the first :[
Yes, they can replace just the tail. I received one with a broken tail but everything else was fine. So all you need is to take a picture of it and send. If you got the Ex you need to go thru the retailer you got it from and not SS. The retailer will than have to go to SS for that replacement.
Old 09-12-2018, 02:21 PM   #1235
Ladybugy
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3DH3R0 View Post
Yep, what omigeo said. I had an issue with my mermaid tail and asked for a replacement from the retailer (I have the variant). They've contacted Sideshow and are sending it next week. I do still have some issues with the main body of my mermaid with some glue marks, a tiny teal bit of paint on a scale on her thigh (I have the purple) and a freckle on her chest that is a line rather than a dot, but my retailer doesn't have any more mermaids. I'd rather have my statue than not have one at all, plus her face is painted perfectly (which, to me, is the most important part to get right). Hope you receive a replacement tail soon
Ladybugy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 04:21 PM   #1236
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigeo View Post
Yes, they can replace just the tail. I received one with a broken tail but everything else was fine. So all you need is to take a picture of it and send. If you got the Ex you need to go thru the retailer you got it from and not SS. The retailer will than have to go to SS for that replacement.
FYI, both versions are exclusives. The teal one is a "SideShow Exclusive" (exclusively from SSC) ...and the purple one is a "Store Exclusive" (exclusively from retailers).

However, since an EX usually comes from SSC and has the artprint with it, then the teal one is technically the EX. And the store exclusive is a variant. IMO.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 05:53 PM   #1237
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
FYI, both versions are exclusives. The teal one is a "SideShow Exclusive" (exclusively from SSC) ...and the purple one is a "Store Exclusive" (exclusively from retailers).

However, since an EX usually comes from SSC and has the artprint with it, then the teal one is technically the EX. And the store exclusive is a variant. IMO.
Whatever ...don't care to nitpick here
Old 09-12-2018, 08:09 PM   #1238
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Whatever ...don't care to nitpick here
HaHa ...up to you.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 08:52 PM   #1239
R3DH3R0
Doh!

Quote:
Contacted them last night, got an email today saying they were out of tails but can be put on the waitlist for one when they get more in stock. Or I can keep the broken one and get $30 back.... Ummm pass, or return it. Hopefully the replacement tail is good, whenever I get it. Thanks.
R3DH3R0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 04:11 AM   #1240
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

I patiently waited for the store exclusive and now I've received my misaligned statue. I'm now 3 out of 4 when it comes to receiving damaged Sideshow statues. Small sample size but enough to feel unlucky. I wasn't that bummed by it though because the realist in me was expecting this result.

I wonder if the store will just send me another and be reimbursed by Sideshow. Or will they want to sell their other in-stock orders and wait for the replacement to arrive from Sideshow?
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote