Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-07-2017, 10:35 AM   #291
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Gotta agree his pricing is a bit high, he has every right to charge whatever he wants for his work but after purchasing one of his marvelous art book totaling around 50$ after shipping, i was very disappointed at the amount of content inside for the price.
Yes he does and unfortunately, most of his comics still wind up selling out even at the ridiculously high price levels they are currently at so one can't really make a strong argument against such pricing when they are continually selling out. The market ultimately dictates what is or isn't acceptable pricing wise and thus far, there have been more than enough people out there willing to buy Campbell's variants at his current pricing levels.

The variant market in general has basically evolved into releasing variant sets and many of the popular artists like Campbell, Artgerm, etc. are now using this model. Even Aspen has been using this model with all of their new Turner variants. Its where they basically release a set of 3-4 variants and thier set up in roughly this manner:

1 comic is limited to roughly 500,
1 comic is limited to roughly 750-1000,
1 comic is limited to roughly 1500
1 comic is limited to roughly 3000

And usually the only way to buy the rarest comic, which is usually represented by a virgin cover, is to buy the complete set. So the artists/companies really only need a few thousand people to be able to sell out with most of these types of variant sets and again, most have been selling out especially from artists like Campbell and Artgerm. So again, its hard to make a case against such pricing when their continually selling out.

This is one of the main reasons I gave up on the modern comic market altogteher as in order to buy the covers I want from my favorite artists, I have to spend a small fortune on variants. Once in awhile the popular artists wil toss you a bone and release a cover that isn't a variant, but 95%+ of the covers they make these days are variants. Even Lucio Parrillo, my favorite artist working today, has been using the variant set model recently. So again, I threw in the towel altogether with modern comics. I would much rather spend money on statues as I feel like I am getting FAR more for my money. IMO modern variant comics are the single worst investment one can make in the comic market.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 10:56 AM   #292
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
i'm triggered.
Congrats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnShinNoi View Post
Speaking of butts, thighs too, this statue has a lot of definition for a mermaid.
I guess for an artist, it's a juggling act of sex appeal vs fictional biology.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
What about the boobies?
Just remember, I am not the one throwing labels around in here. Just trying to clear up that not all fans of this artwork are creepers.

We all know who they are....Nugchompa, VS.....lol

Are these up for pre-order yet????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????
I am dying!
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 12:06 PM   #293
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Halve that number.
For real! ...Better be half that!
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 12:09 PM   #294
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
For the whole series?
Ha! You tell'em, Nug!
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 12:30 PM   #295
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Congrats.

Just remember, I am not the one throwing labels around in here. Just trying to clear up that not all fans of this artwork are creepers.

We all know who they are....Nugchompa, VS.....lol
I thought i was on that list.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 12:46 PM   #296
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Yes he does and unforunately, most of his comics still wind up selling out even at the ridiculously high price levels they are currently at so one can't really make a strong argument against such pricing when they are continually selling out. The market ultimately dictates what is or isn't acceptable pricing and thus far, there have been more than enough people out there willing to buy Campbell's variants at his current pricing levels.

The variant market in general has basically evolved into releasing variant sets and many of the popular artists like Campbell, Artgerm, etc. are now using this model. Even Aspen has been using this model with all of their new Turner variants. Its where they basically release a set of 3-4 variants and thier set up in roughly this manner:

1 comic is limited to roughly 500,
1 comic is limited to roughly 750-1000,
1 comic is limited to roughly 1500
1 comic is limited to roughly 3000

And usually the only way to buy the rarest comic, which is usually represented by a virgin cover, is to buy the complete set. So the artists/companies really only need a few thousand people to be able to sell out with most of these types of variant sets and again, most have been selling out especially from artists like Campbell and Artgerm. So again, its hard to make a case against such pricing when their continually selling out.

This is one of the main reasons I gave up on the modern comic market altogteher as in order to buy the covers I want from my favorite artists, I have to spend a small fortune on variants. Once in awhile the popular artists wil toss you a bone and release a cover that isn't a variant, but 95%+ of the covers they make these days are variants. Even Lucio Parrillo, my favorite artist working today, has been using the variant set model recently. So again, I threw in the towel altogether with modern comics. I would much rather spend money on statues as I feel like I am getting FAR more for my money. IMO modern variant comics are the single worst investment one can make in the comic market.
Yup, i tried collecting variant comics some time back but things quickly got way to expensive, i prefer to buy statues aswell lol.
Old 10-07-2017, 12:58 PM   #297
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
I thought i was on that list.
LOL, I can add you.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 01:19 PM   #298
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
i'm triggered.
Why am I seeing people say this all of a sudden out of nowhere? The last month or so I'm reading "triggered" comments almost everywhere?
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 02:16 PM   #299
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
Why am I seeing people say this all of a sudden out of nowhere? The last month or so I'm reading "triggered" comments almost everywhere?
idk, I've been seeing it for a few years.
Old 10-07-2017, 02:38 PM   #300
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
WTH does triggered even mean?
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote