Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 01-18-2019, 04:37 PM   #1
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Putty?

Seriously, though...I have a couple of pieces with loose hands. I'm wondering what kind of putty to use that'll hold them in place and not dry out/harden...not for a while, at least. Museum putty? ...or will that dry out or leave residue? Any info would be appreciated.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 05:32 PM   #2
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Take this:

https://www.amazon.com/Quake-Hold-88...1&sr=8-1-fkmr0

punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 04:23 PM   #3
Philintheblank

I was looking at that and the Collectors Hold. Think I might give it a go. Thanks.
Old 01-19-2019, 05:23 PM   #4
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Don’t mean to steal your thread but I was about to post a question about what adhesive to use to glue back my Polystone statue. Epoxy didn’t seem to do the trick. I bought the loctite 1 min one. Am leaving it for a few hours to see if it makes a difference.

Would putty be better?
senseimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 04:50 AM   #5
Philintheblank

Yeah, no worries...think it was pretty much done anyway. I'm surprised on the epoxy...two-part epoxy should do the trick. Loctite should work, though. No idea on putty.
Old 01-20-2019, 03:52 PM   #6
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

its a question to keep a statue original or glue this and that what is impossible to bring back into original status.

I only using glue when i am 1000% it will be forever this way. I use other things like putty to keep it for a while like I want it to be.

For reparing a statue or broken parts both (putty or epoxy) are no option. then you have to give it to a professional to get the broken lines away.

I thought the question was for an option to keep a part in position and to avoiding something falling of like a magatized place.
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 04:32 PM   #7
Philintheblank

Yeah, that was my question...something to hold a peg in, but still allow it to be easily removed, which would be putty. I think senseimaki's wondering if there's a putty out there that can act as a permanent hold...
Old 01-20-2019, 06:31 PM   #8
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher2000 View Post
its a question to keep a statue original or glue this and that what is impossible to bring back into original status.

I only using glue when i am 1000% it will be forever this way. I use other things like putty to keep it for a while like I want it to be.

For reparing a statue or broken parts both (putty or epoxy) are no option. then you have to give it to a professional to get the broken lines away.

I thought the question was for an option to keep a part in position and to avoiding something falling of like a magatized place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
Yeah, that was my question...something to hold a peg in, but still allow it to be easily removed, which would be putty. I think senseimaki's wondering if there's a putty out there that can act as a permanent hold...
Yeah, my question was for a more permanent hold. Epoxy and super glue didn’t work. Am awaiting delivery from Amazon for professional grade CA (crossing my fingers that it’ll be much better than superglue). A couple of users on a separate I opened to request advice said I would need to drill a pin. Not having the know-how, I figured i’ll try the professional grade CA first then I just might seek out a professional. Any idea how much they charge?
senseimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 02:25 AM   #9
Philintheblank

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseimaki View Post
Yeah, my question was for a more permanent hold. Epoxy and super glue didn’t work. Am awaiting delivery from Amazon for professional grade CA (crossing my fingers that it’ll be much better than superglue). A couple of users on a separate I opened to request advice said I would need to drill a pin. Not having the know-how, I figured i’ll try the professional grade CA first then I just might seek out a professional. Any idea how much they charge?
I'm surprised at least two-part epoxy won't work...should be more than enough to hold polystone. As for repairs...depends on what's being repaired and who's repairing it. I've had Vince-Vell on here repair a couple of pieces for me. Great work for a reasonable price. Good guy...I'd send him a PM and see what he says if this new stuff doesn't work.