Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Artist's Alley

Old 05-13-2008, 06:41 PM   #11
unbounddreams
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Nuff View Post
They didn't mention that in the article...I still worry about them fading my art...
Invest in UV glass as a precaution if still worried. It comes with a 99% protection clear film. You can leave it outside in the sun with that glass on and nothing will happen. You can get a sample piece from a frame store and put it over something you print from your computer and a second one and put regular glass over it. Leave outside for 8 hours and see the difference.

Hope that helps.

-Jon
unbounddreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 06:47 PM   #12
'Nuff
ROT Minister of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbounddreams View Post
Invest in UV glass as a precaution if still worried. It comes with a 99% protection clear film. You can leave it outside in the sun with that glass on and nothing will happen. You can get a sample piece from a frame store and put it over something you print from your computer and a second one and put regular glass over it. Leave outside for 8 hours and see the difference.

Hope that helps.

-Jon
Most of my prints have UV glass...some don't...But I have 32 displayed...and don't remember which do and which don't...Too expensive to replace all of the glass...But I do appreciate the info...

Does UV protect from fluorescent light...?...
'Nuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 07:31 PM   #13
unbounddreams
I am da law!

Quote:
Most of my prints have UV glass...some don't...But I have 32 displayed...and don't remember which do and which don't...Too expensive to replace all of the glass...But I do appreciate the info...

Does UV protect from fluorescent light...?...
Yes, technically. It really depends on type and how close to the art.. Here is a good website that explains it and the protection of your frame art under different lights.

http://www.blackbirdframe.com/framin.../light-artwork

No problem! Glad to help!
-Jon
Old 05-13-2008, 07:36 PM   #14
'Nuff

Quote:
Yes, technically. It really depends on type and how close to the art.. Here is a good website that explains it and the protection of your frame art under different lights.

http://www.blackbirdframe.com/framin.../light-artwork

No problem! Glad to help!
-Jon
I'll thank you again...for the link...Some of these prints ain't worth but what I paid for them...But some of them are off the charts...I don't wanna take a chance...
Old 05-13-2008, 07:45 PM   #15
unbounddreams
I am da law!

Quote:
I'll thank you again...for the link...Some of these prints ain't worth but what I paid for them...But some of them are off the charts...I don't wanna take a chance...
Not a problem. I understand as I have a few dozen paintings of mine around the house and plenty of drawings and sketches. My girlfriend is a photographer and has dozens of Black and White photos of hers hanging everywhere. Got to protect those investments.

-Jon
Old 05-13-2008, 07:58 PM   #16
'Nuff

Quote:
Not a problem. I understand as I have a few dozen paintings of mine around the house and plenty of drawings and sketches. My girlfriend is a photographer and has dozens of Black and White photos of hers hanging everywhere. Got to protect those investments.

-Jon
Most of mine are Civil War art prints by Troiani...Strain...Kunstler...Neuman...etc....But replacements are hard to come by...
Old 05-13-2008, 08:25 PM   #17
unbounddreams
I am da law!

Quote:
Most of mine are Civil War art prints by Troiani...Strain...Kunstler...Neuman...etc....But replacements are hard to come by...
Wow I remember framing a few Civil War limited edition prints...can't remember the artist...but the print was about 30 inches long and it was signed and numbered. The guy had investment/insurance papers on it and we had it under lock and key. It took hours to frame that thing...

-Jon
Good luck with those prints and lights.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:31 PM   #18
'Nuff

Quote:
Wow I remember framing a few Civil War limited edition prints...can't remember the artist...but the print was about 30 inches long and it was signed and numbered. The guy had investment/insurance papers on it and we had it under lock and key. It took hours to frame that thing...

-Jon
Good luck with those prints and lights.

All of mine are signed and numbered...The one that got away was a Troiani printed in '85...Southern Steel...I was going through a divorce...But talked my Brother into buying it...under $200...His investment is now into the thousands...
Old 05-13-2008, 08:39 PM   #19
'Nuff

This is my best investment...I paid $250...Is now worth over 10 times that...Is always..."Call for Quote" on the art sites that have it..