Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 08-14-2018, 02:31 PM   #201
Fu_Manchu
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
in their description from the website, it says they did use the same files. I believe them. the level of detail on the skin is amazingly crisp.
They never said that, they hired several digital sculptors to make something that it's already made. And it's pretty obvious that their baby blue doesn't come from the movie digital files, you don't need to be an expert to see that.

Now you can say again that my opinion doesn't matter (that's making a point in a forum without being rude I guess).
Fu_Manchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 02:38 PM   #202
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fu_Manchu View Post
They never said that, they hired several digital sculptors to make something that it's already made. And it's pretty obvious that their baby blue doesn't come from the movie digital files, you don't need to be an expert to see that.

Now you can say again that my opinion doesn't matter (that's making a point in a forum without being rude I guess).
say that again... I speak with evidence bruh. and you do know there is an ILM studio in Vancouver right?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	this guy bruh.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	201.4 KB
ID:	116205  
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 03:05 PM   #203
Fu_Manchu
The Herculoids

These two come from the same model yes, dude don't joke with me please

Quote:
you do know there is an ILM studio in Vancouver right?
They are cold in winter then.
Old 08-14-2018, 03:16 PM   #204
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:

These two come from the same model yes, dude don't joke with me please

They are cold in winter then.
Ohh so you know more than Prime 1 then? Are you an employee there? You have some ba*** to go against the companies word same story with Julien, contradicting his work. Ohh and with that pic, im more than happy to have pre-ordered P1's. The level of detail is way crisper.
Old 08-14-2018, 04:13 PM   #205
Fu_Manchu
The Herculoids

Good luck with the vinyl
Old 08-14-2018, 04:39 PM   #206
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Good luck with the vinyl
do you know what vinyl even is? jeez you keep shooting yourself in the foot please, educate me. Why should I be concern about vinyl?
Old 08-14-2018, 07:48 PM   #207
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
do you know what vinyl even is? jeez you keep shooting yourself in the foot please, educate me. Why should I be concern about vinyl?
Basically feels cheap and isn't as durable.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 08:35 PM   #208
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
I disagree with assessments. There are clear accuracy issues with prime 1, not that CC did a perfect job but I bet it's hard to match that skin for painting. I'd go the decal route myself, I wouldn't think that'd be difficult with just taking the digi files and making decals from them but I imagine that's not a popular idea with people although didn't they mention they will/already did or might do that for the blue stripes? CC already made the eyes vastly better. I don't know where they are at for the solid white outlines that need to be more off white, but the blue stripe going down her body is clearly way more accurate by CC than Prime's somewhat lazy effort.

I forgot to finish editing that so there's alot of white background after copy/pasting/resizing. bah whatever!

Anyways, you can't really go wrong with either one. I get that the Prime 1 looks better to some but it's just not faithful to baby blue's appearance. As someone who is not going to buy a baby blue, though I sure as hell would love one, and someone who loves what both CC and Prime puts out, I'm just telling ya, CC gets the win here. But the factory carrying that win over to a final product is still in question, as far as I am concerned. For $999 it better. It really looks difficult to work with.

I have far less doubt about Prime 1's proto looking pretty much exactly like what the finished product will appear. Maybe they weren't lazy about baby blue, maybe they just wanted something easier to work with so the finished product will look like the proto. shrug
This screenshot is from the trailer, right? Just a heads up that they were tweaking things right up to release. Best to compare with screenshots from the Blu when it’s available.

- Robert
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 08:37 PM   #209
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Basically feels cheap and isn't as durable.
The "cheap" statement is not a con, that's just opinions. And the duration statement...:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180814-203241_Chrome.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	188.2 KB
ID:	116224  
Old 08-15-2018, 01:10 AM   #210
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
The "cheap" statement is not a con, that's just opinions. And the duration statement...:
No it isn't an opinion, go compare a vinyl/PVC piece and then a real statue. And yes it isn't as durable as polystone or fiberglass.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote