Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 05-07-2019, 01:46 PM   #11
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Maybe Arahom is just busy painting all those EX heads he promised for cleopatra.

Or maybe he is just busy planning his transition to publishing.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 01:41 AM   #12
cosmic
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Yeah of course you move on but no one forgets or forgives being ripped off. Nor should they give up trying to get their money.

The most important function this forum can provide is to alert other members of potential pitfalls.
But the odds to get your money back are close to zero. There are so many people in the same boat from even older statues, e.g. latest Leonidas and they didnt get anything.

Maybe you can ask for store credit and get whatever is available, even if you dont like it. Resell it and you get something back of your money at least.
cosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 06:56 AM   #13
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

DISGUSTING

How is this company still around?
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 12:10 PM   #14
stone eagle
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhayabusa6787 View Post
DISGUSTING

How is this company still around?
My guess would be due to two things,

Optimism and patience of the public......

We see the nice prototypes and hope to own a statue like the ones shown, in a timely manner. BUT we get the old "song and dance" stories for all the delays and then maybe several years later we do end up with a nice statue.....For some I'm sure that means they put up with the delays because they have no choice about getting a refund or ARH does fill the need for certain types of statues that no other company produces.
I also think there is something strange about statue collectors or maybe it's changing buying habits of consumers? I am used to NOT putting any money down on a product unless it was in stock and ready for shipment, since when does the customers gamble with their money and not the company?
Maybe all customers in all companies should just say NO and notify the statue companies that they would like to buy a statue but not until it's in stock ready for shipping!
stone eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 12:30 PM   #15
thecollector80

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone eagle View Post
My guess would be due to two things,

Optimism and patience of the public......

We see the nice prototypes and hope to own a statue like the ones shown, in a timely manner. BUT we get the old "song and dance" stories for all the delays and then maybe several years later we do end up with a nice statue.....For some I'm sure that means they put up with the delays because they have no choice about getting a refund or ARH does fill the need for certain types of statues that no other company produces.
I also think there is something strange about statue collectors or maybe it's changing buying habits of consumers? I am used to NOT putting any money down on a product unless it was in stock and ready for shipment, since when does the customers gamble with their money and not the company?
Maybe all customers in all companies should just say NO and notify the statue companies that they would like to buy a statue but not until it's in stock ready for shipping!
You just have to choose the right company to gamble your money on. ARH i keep saying should have been busted a long time ago for racketeering.
Old 05-08-2019, 12:34 PM   #16
thecollector80

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic View Post
But the odds to get your money back are close to zero. There are so many people in the same boat from even older statues, e.g. latest Leonidas and they didnt get anything.

Maybe you can ask for store credit and get whatever is available, even if you dont like it. Resell it and you get something back of your money at least.
Odds? I think we are long past that...it is just plain and simple zero...as in no chance will you get your money back or get "credit" and get whatever else they have in stock they can just play the whole game again and not send anything in the end.
Old 05-08-2019, 01:51 PM   #17
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
Odds? I think we are long past that...it is just plain and simple zero...as in no chance will you get your money back or get "credit" and get whatever else they have in stock they can just play the whole game again and not send anything in the end.
They actually got backers to push the production of the last round of statues in China, so I thought they finally got their head above water. The uncharacteristic silence recently makes me think they may be in worse shape than ever.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 02:19 PM   #18
thecollector80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
They actually got backers to push the production of the last round of statues in China, so I thought they finally got their head above water. The uncharacteristic silence recently makes me think they may be in worse shape than ever.
Yep...their FB page is nothing but promos for that crap 1/12 action figures and piles of garbage publications. If you go on BBTS you will see a crapload of ARH comics being sold for a few cents...and still in stock. Shows you where things are at...and where is the Eve and Valkyrie I preordered years ago?
Old 05-08-2019, 03:17 PM   #19
pdenham
Teen Titans

ARH was saying and doing ALL the right things when they first did a PR blitz for the Frazetta license at the NYCC in '14.

They had several prototypes already complete and painted. Alex was talking up improved packaging (black foam...these will definitely be using black foam!). Frazetta Jr. was right there by their side doing his bit to promote the nascent new line too.

I'd seen a few people -----ing&moaning on here of their past ARH experiences, but it sure looked like ARH was turning a corner and making a sincere effort to play with the big boys.

I didn't drop that money (what? no deposit- you have to pay in full?!?) based on promises alone. I liked what I was seeing.

Maybe it was naive.
Yet I still turned around and did the same thing with Level 52 last year for their Frazetta piece.
In that case though, they were fully on the up and up, and had the resources to come through on everything.
Their Catgirl, while not being a 100% perfect replica of Frazetta's art (it's mostly just the portrait which is attractive on it's own, but a big miss for FF's style), is still a hell of a nice, massive piece and was packaged to perfection. I'm happy I didn't miss it.

If they ever took a whack at Huntress, I would likely be very tempted by it- no matter what eventually happens here.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 08:27 PM   #20
stone eagle
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
...and where is the Eve and Valkyrie I preordered years ago?
Check out reply #4 on page one for the latest "song and dance" from ARH on the Valkyrie and Eve statues....
stone eagle is offline   Reply With Quote