Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 03-01-2021, 01:28 AM   #1
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Jonathan Hickman's X-Men-question

I am currently reading the X-Men title (along with X-Factor and Excalibur) and I have a question. The X-Men can resurrect the dead X-Men and many have been resurrected but so far, I have not seen Thunderbird come back. Now I am very far behind in my comic reading for some titles and have about the past 4 months worth of X-Men to read so if it has been answered I have not read it yet, unless it was dealt with in another X-Book that I am not reading. They have dealt with why they have not brought back Destiny and did explain what happens when a mutant dies on Otherworld.

Anyone who reads X-Men know if this has been dealt with?
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 11:25 AM   #2
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I don't think it's been outright mentioned that he came back, but I could have sworn I saw him in a group shot. Hickman likes to hide easter eggs in those bad boys so I take some time to look around I'll bust out my issues and take a look.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 11:36 AM   #3
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

ok, thanks Demona. Considering that Warpath blamed Prof X for the death of brother (Thunderbird) I figured we would maybe see a reunion between the two.

Also, I do agree Thunderbird might have been in a group shot. I will also go back and look.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 07:59 PM   #4
Dark-Flux
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I recall at some-point them stating that they have a massive backlog of dead mutants to resurrect.

But also, cant they only resurrect mutants that have been backed-up by Cerebro? Depends when exactly they died, maybe.
Dark-Flux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 08:28 PM   #5
ParisDean
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
I recall at some-point them stating that they have a massive backlog of dead mutants to resurrect.

But also, cant they only resurrect mutants that have been backed-up by Cerebro? Depends when exactly they died, maybe.
I remember reading that as well. The five can only resurrect so many mutants over a period of time and the omega-level ones get priority over the others. That's why Apocalypse came back immediately after Rogue killed him in Excalibur and why Kid Omega is on his fifth life now or something. (I think that's a funny running joke about Kid Omega, by the way.)

As for Cerebro, after Moira remembered the future, she warned Charles when they first met in the past, giving him the foresight to adjust Cerebro's capabilities from the very beginning. So almost every mutant on record should be in its database.

Having said all this, I've been reading the X-titles in the collected Dawn of X TPBs so I'm not caught up on what has happened past volume 10. I'll get the next few paperbacks and the X of Swords hardcover later this month.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote