Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 12-24-2022, 04:55 PM   #41
Westhelle
Hydra

This sculpt Looks very expencive. 5k minimum
Westhelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 05:08 PM   #42
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Surely not 5k. 3k maybe
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 05:22 PM   #43
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Well, as usual you are wrong, P1 has been one of the best at delivering quality production pieces.
Ah yes, you're correct - I forgot to preface my comment with "in my opinion".....I stand corrected.

From the perspective of that correction, I can't be "wrong" - of course, you're free to disagree with me and spend your money on what you want - with or without my permission.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 08:12 PM   #44
67L88Stingray
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Ah yes, you're correct - I forgot to preface my comment with "in my opinion".....I stand corrected.

From the perspective of that correction, I can't be "wrong" - of course, you're free to disagree with me and spend your money on what you want - with or without my permission.
Sure you can, there are bad opinions too, something you are quite well known for

I can't think of a single statue company with a better quality track record(maybe cinemaquette/ECC, but they release such low quantity), and even then they are still well above average. Still far from perfect though, granted, but that isn't my #1 concern when I think of them. I never go, wow, I wish X company was making that piece instead.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 09:13 PM   #45
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I think the biggest elephant in the room is not price, or where to buy it, the biggest elephant (barrier to entry) - is Prime1 quality.

You can't put a price on a good quality piece, it's only when it falls drastically short of the prototype is when we need to start to quibble over dollars and cents.
Lol what?
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2022, 01:31 AM   #46
generalszabo

Quote:
Sure you can, there are bad opinions too, something you are quite well known for

I can't think of a single statue company with a better quality track record(maybe cinemaquette/ECC, but they release such low quantity), and even then they are still well above average. Still far from perfect though, granted, but that isn't my #1 concern when I think of them. I never go, wow, I wish X company was making that piece instead.
JND's final products look like their protos
Old 12-25-2022, 01:49 AM   #47
67L88Stingray
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
JND's final products look like their protos
They spend at least 6 months on one statue and they still have many problems with production pieces so no, I wouldn't say they are better. I had to send my Joker back and get a replacement mine had so many problems. My Catwoman arrived ok, but many others who got them had major issues.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2022, 06:44 PM   #48
Billy Talent
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

1800$ no more! F*** prime 1 and their price gouging!
This BS needs to stop, they bringing in what hundreds of millions!!
Ridiculous the richer they get the higher the prices!

Lets see what the price tag will be
Billy Talent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2022, 07:09 PM   #49
ivory7777
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

so is this going to be one of those timed preordered like the last one where you had what 30 days to make as many preorder before it closes? if so, any idea when the preorder will go live. I hoping this time other store also carry it like sideshow.
ivory7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2022, 04:32 AM   #50
generalszabo

Quote:
They spend at least 6 months on one statue and they still have many problems with production pieces so no, I wouldn't say they are better. I had to send my Joker back and get a replacement mine had so many problems. My Catwoman arrived ok, but many others who got them had major issues.
I feel like I've had this conversation before...

I'm not talking about QC or breakages, I'm saying JND's final product, i.e. paint and likeness, is as good as their protos. Some companies it feels like a gamble and there is a drop in quality, but with JND you can be confident that if you like the proto, you'll like it in hand