Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > CoolProps / Imaginarium

Old 06-22-2018, 07:46 PM   #321
AlwaysAlien
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Thanks guys! Goto, If you like what you see in my pictures, you'll be happy in person. And AA, yeah, I didn't think you would make the scratches out as they are mostly hidden by the glare in these images. But they're there alright...

Daaaamn yeah close up those are baaaaaad. I'm the most observant person ever so if its not perfect I will notice . I'd be pretty pissed if I spent 2k on something and it came like that so I can imagine how you feel about it.

Damage aside it is a nice piece its just that price... I can't stomach it. So as much as I would love to have one in my collection, I just can't. I still maintain there seem to be a lot of issues with these and it really doesn't bode well for the 1/3 maquette so I think I'll also be giving that one a miss too (and I'm SO tempted by that). I've said it before and I'll say it again... roll on Prime 1.
AlwaysAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 01:34 PM   #322
goto
Mephisto

Yes,i like your pictures so much and i´m sure the bust too.
Sorry for the scratches,hope you get a perfect replacement .
goto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 02:35 PM   #323
AlwaysAlien
Frackin!

Just had a message from an ebay seller about one of these 1:1 heads with a response from sideshow.

They say that the defects he has on his are standard for this piece (therefore basically accepted - scuffs, paint chips and marks on the dome).

So this combined with the terrible job they did on the warrior head has firmly put me off other Coolprops Alien pieces!

I find this to be a terrible shame as I was actually really looking forward to the 1:3 maquette.

Again I'll say it, roll on Prime 1's pieces (and yes I know they are Coolprops and Prime 1 but at least Prime 1 will be producing them).
Old 07-02-2018, 07:19 PM   #324
Manu81
The Spirit

Sorry but What does it mean: “a defects he has on his are standard for this pieces (therefore basically accepted -cuffs, paint...)”?.

When I will receive mine, I will see if it has any defect and I will decide if I accept it or not. I have 14 days to send it back for any reason. Even if I don’t like it. Law protects me on this so I hope that coolprops won’t dissapoint me at all.

This bust costs in Spain 2700€ so hope it will worth this prize, at least no scraches, no defects on paintjob...for this price it will be just unnacceptable.
Manu81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 07:47 PM   #325
AlwaysAlien
Frackin!

So the item he received has a few scuffs on the dome as well as a couple of missing bits of paint etc and after I inquired about him replacing it before he sold it to me he messaged Sideshow about it. The response he got from Sideshow was as follows:

**Thank you for reaching out to us regarding your order # ******** for the Gigers Alien Head Replica by Cool Props. I'm sorry to hear that the piece arrived with issues. I'm afraid that we have found that the markings you have photographed for this piece are normal throughout this edition of this item and do occur on all of the pieces we received from Cool Props. **

Therefore I would say that these items generally have poor quality control and I would probably avoid unless you absolutely cannot live without one.

Yes you do have the right to return within 14 days so if you are not happy with yours you can return it.

Good luck.
Old 07-03-2018, 01:31 PM   #326
goto
Mephisto

Mine will arrive in august, if i see this scratches on my bust i send it back.
Don´t accept this for an so much expensive collectible.
Old 07-04-2018, 03:45 AM   #327
Manu81
The Spirit

Thanks always alien of course I want it but i don’t accept those things on a 2700€ collectable. If they don’t care, I don’t care to keep it, simply. Thanks for the email ss send to you!

Mine too will arrive in august goto, I will inspect it carefully to avoid scractches on it. I have already send back the break out trex for the same reason. I like this hobby but not to be robbed (and ask for 2700€ for a bust with scracthes 2700€ and say that is normal to receive it like this, is a robbery!).

If I receive a damaged one, First I would ask for a replacement but if the second one arrives the same, I’ll send it back and try with prime 1, chase...lots of bigchaps to come to keep a damaged one!
Old 07-04-2018, 04:42 AM   #328
Python
Omega Red

I don't think I own a single collectible from any company that doesn't have minor blemishes on it in some form and this is no exception. I suspect that seller was just being very cautious and honest with his description. If you guys get this without major scratches on the dome, as most people here seem to have avoided, you'll be really happy with it. I've had mine sitting in my main hallway for a week (with damage) I smile every time I walk past it, it's beautiful...
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 04:52 AM   #329
Manu81
The Spirit

Thanks Python! Of course I know that it could have minir blemishes but scratches on the dome..we will see I dont want to anticipate nothing. At the end of august I will tell you. By now, I can’t wait to get my bust
Old 07-04-2018, 10:41 AM   #330
goto
Mephisto

Good luck,Manu81 hope for us that we will not be disappointed.