Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 06-23-2018, 12:27 AM   #111
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

I saw the Guyver Zoanoid Maquette at a local convention over the weekend and made a quick video of it. It was up high on a cabinet, so I didn't get to film it as well as I would have liked but I thought some of you guys might want a look.

I have been debating picking this up as I have the Guyver 1 Maquette on order, but ultimately I decided to pass after seeing it. The sculpt and paint looked very nice and the light up eyes and control metal are awesome. However, the reason I decided to pass was it left me wishing it had a more dynamic pose and a more interesting base. It looked good but felt a little static and plain for the price if that makes sense. I hope I don't feel the same way about the Guyver 1 Maquette when it arrives.

Anyway here is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgDDjry1y-o
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 11:37 PM   #112
clutch
Sailor Moon

Guyver Zoanoid is a nice to have. The Guyver on the other hand is more of a need to have. Lol! Since I already have the bust, I'd be more inclined to get a Prime 1 piece.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 10:50 AM   #113
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
Guyver Zoanoid is a nice to have. The Guyver on the other hand is more of a need to have. Lol! Since I already have the bust, I'd be more inclined to get a Prime 1 piece.
The Guyver 1 definitely feels like a must have for me since I love the movie design of the suit, but I'll be picking up the Prime 1 Guyvers as well. I've wanted Guyver statues ever since I started collecting and now they are arriving all at once!
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 12:12 PM   #114
ahkun_sg
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Sisko View Post
I saw the Guyver Zoanoid Maquette at a local convention over the weekend and made a quick video of it. It was up high on a cabinet, so I didn't get to film it as well as I would have liked but I thought some of you guys might want a look.

I have been debating picking this up as I have the Guyver 1 Maquette on order, but ultimately I decided to pass after seeing it. The sculpt and paint looked very nice and the light up eyes and control metal are awesome. However, the reason I decided to pass was it left me wishing it had a more dynamic pose and a more interesting base. It looked good but felt a little static and plain for the price if that makes sense. I hope I don't feel the same way about the Guyver 1 Maquette when it arrives.

If there is demand, I believe ECC will produce a zoanoid and guyver maquette with a more dynamic pose in the future. After all, this is a very much consumer demand driven industry.
ahkun_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 12:10 AM   #115
azurepred
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Sisko View Post

While I agree, the pose could've been so much better, we will never see another one of these made to this quality. I couldn't pass it up because I've begged Steve to make these for so many years. It doesn't help when there are ~20 in all of N. America alone, so I will never find another most likely. I am debating if I want to keep my 1:1 bust PO though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahkun_sg View Post
If there is demand, I believe ECC will produce a zoanoid and guyver maquette with a more dynamic pose in the future. After all, this is a very much consumer demand driven industry.
ECC never makes the same character twice, so that will never happen regardless of demand.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 11:52 PM   #116
ahkun_sg
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
ECC never makes the same character twice, so that will never happen regardless of demand.
Never say never.
I have lived long enough to see that most never rules doesn't last till the end. In business, no rules and regulations are ever lasting.
ahkun_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 11:18 PM   #117
rrjrstatueman
The X-Men

[QUOTE=azurepred;5619221]While I agree, the pose could've been so much better, we will never see another one of these made to this quality. I couldn't pass it up because I've begged Steve to make these for so many years. It doesn't help when there are ~20 in all of N. America alone, so I will never find another most likely. I am debating if I want to keep my 1:1 bust PO though.

wait only 20 ? Man I still have not opened mine , really need to get on the roll here and do a review
rrjrstatueman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 03:26 AM   #118
dogfashiondisco
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

[QUOTE=rrjrstatueman;5626223]
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
While I agree, the pose could've been so much better, we will never see another one of these made to this quality. I couldn't pass it up because I've begged Steve to make these for so many years. It doesn't help when there are ~20 in all of N. America alone, so I will never find another most likely. I am debating if I want to keep my 1:1 bust PO though.

wait only 20 ? Man I still have not opened mine , really need to get on the roll here and do a review
Youre missing out raf! I also got mine today and everything looks great, but i noticed that the replacement head they gave me seems to have a different gloss than the rest of the body. I cleaned it up with a wet napkin to remove some of the dust but it didnt help much. When you do youre review check if its the same with yours.
dogfashiondisco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 02:37 PM   #119
Scorpion1981
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

[QUOTE=dogfashiondisco;5626283]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrjrstatueman View Post

Youre missing out raf! I also got mine today and everything looks great, but i noticed that the replacement head they gave me seems to have a different gloss than the rest of the body. I cleaned it up with a wet napkin to remove some of the dust but it didnt help much. When you do youre review check if its the same with yours.
Can you make a picture from The different gloss? I become my Zoanoid next week from my Retailer. Thank you
Scorpion1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 11:47 AM   #120
azurepred
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrjrstatueman View Post

something like that. You know the orb was originally put in backwards from the factory right? I had to send mine back to have them fix it. Finally got it back last week.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote