Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 09-07-2005, 03:17 PM   #1
Apocalypse
Doh!

Which Darth Vader?

I've recently picked up a Boba Fett Koto statue, and for the price I'm really impressed with it. I now fancy picking up the Kotor Vader, but wondered is it worth spending a little more cash and picking up the Gentle Giant Vader Statue instead. Which is the better statue, and is there much difference in the way of detail and presentation?

Thanks for any help
Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 03:19 PM   #2
Gruson
Suicide Squad

I would stay with Koto, especially since you have Fett already.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 03:45 PM   #3
Jamesways
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Well, the Koto vader is cheaper, and a very nice piece. It's based on the older vader from the OT. The GG is based mostly on the new vader, PT. The GG one is a great piece too *looks around*. The detail is very well done too. But the scale is a bit different than the Kotos, it's a bit bigger, which is fine, since vader is huge, but the scale difference might be noticeable when comparing their hands.
Personal preference I guess, both of them are in dramatic poses. I had both. With the Koto, I propped up the back of the base, so it looked like he was coming down a ramp, rather than donig the limbo.
Jamesways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 03:49 PM   #4
SpenK
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalypse
I've recently picked up a Boba Fett Koto statue, and for the price I'm really impressed with it. I now fancy picking up the Kotor Vader, but wondered is it worth spending a little more cash and picking up the Gentle Giant Vader Statue instead. Which is the better statue, and is there much difference in the way of detail and presentation?

Thanks for any help
I have Both the Koto (Still in Box) and GG.......Remember the koto is made from Vinyl And the GG one id Polystone so its your choice...........the koto price is around about $80 and the GG about $150 there are also the Attakus Vader 1 $1500+ or Vader 2 $600+ Or the sideshow Vader $300 etc........your choice a lot of options............
SpenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 03:55 PM   #5
cap70
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Get them all!

Excellent advices. I have both and agree with James and Gruson. If you get the Koto, get their first Vader. It looks much better and "accurate" than the second one, IMO.
cap70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 03:57 PM   #6
elwood49
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesways
The GG one is a great piece too *looks around*.
We need a Hall of Fame where we can put threads like that one from earlier today.
elwood49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 03:58 PM   #7
cap70
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwood49
We need a Hall of Fame where we can put threads like that one from earlier today.
Excellent idea!!
cap70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 07:32 AM   #8
Gianco
X-Force

Koto 1 looks like "Vader Begins" Looks like it's trying to fly or was in a Pret-a-Porte Fashion parade! Anyway looks better than Vader 2 IMO, plus Vader 2 is supposed to be set with Dark Side Anakin from Ep III and that is one of the worst Kotos I've ever seen! IMO again!
Gianco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 07:56 AM   #9
Jamesways
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianco Fett
Koto 1 looks like "Vader Begins" Looks like it's trying to fly or was in a Pret-a-Porte Fashion parade! Anyway looks better than Vader 2 IMO, plus Vader 2 is supposed to be set with Dark Side Anakin from Ep III and that is one of the worst Kotos I've ever seen! IMO again!
Yah, I know you are talking about Anakin, but I was really disappointed by Vader 2. The promo pics looked great, and then I saw the released version. Man, that looks terrible. Nice short helmet, again with the leaning back, just plain not good.
Jamesways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 10:07 AM   #10
speedracer
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

I would go with GG and SS definitely..but if i were made to chose...SS always wins..=)..IMHO
speedracer is offline   Reply With Quote