Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 03-26-2015, 05:49 PM   #1
Fannymac
I bought some powdered water, but I don't know what to add to it.

Question About CONVERGENCE

So, it seems as if the two month break with the Convergences stories will be a nice little stroll down memory lane, but then it sounds like (most) everything will be back to the way it was, albeit without the "New 52" logo.
However, I can think of at least one case where that just doesn't jive....the character who is starring in the new BLACK CANARY book seems to bear no similarities to the one that starred in BIRDS OF PREY the last (almost) four years. Are they just going to act like that one never existed? Is there more of a twist to Convergence than they're letting on?
Fannymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 10:33 PM   #2
Dahwaf
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

The new Black Canary is a spin off from Batgirl, where Dinah is in a band. She's been really different there compared to Birds of Prey, and her classic costume is slowly coming back.

They're just revamping a bunch of characters aimed at younger audiences to boost sales since Batgirl was such a success (Black Canary, Starfire, another Harley/Power Girl mini-series).
Dahwaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 02:30 PM   #3
Fannymac
I bought some powdered water, but I don't know what to add to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahwaf View Post
The new Black Canary is a spin off from Batgirl, where Dinah is in a band. She's been really different there compared to Birds of Prey, and her classic costume is slowly coming back.

They're just revamping a bunch of characters aimed at younger audiences to boost sales since Batgirl was such a success (Black Canary, Starfire, another Harley/Power Girl mini-series).
Maybe I'll be dropping BC a lot sooner than planned!
Fannymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 03:40 PM   #4
malkii
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Location: Somewhere you have never been, nor do you want to go...
I hate the new batgirl. This was actually one of the books I did like when the N52 started. But once Simone left and they totally changed the direction of the book. I left it behind in the dust. I was excited about Black Canary getting her own book, but again if it is like the new BG, I will pass.
malkii is offline   Reply With Quote