Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 06-09-2022, 05:17 AM   #421
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Is unlicensed the same as custom?
Though nearly always unlicensed, custom usually refers to individually or group commissioned.

The term Unlicensed is usually used for statues that are not approved by the IP license holder but still usually produced by established manufacturers/producers. Mostly Asian manufacturers as stateside producers cannot easily get away with it.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 07:55 AM   #422
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Though nearly always unlicensed, custom usually refers to individually or group commissioned.

The term Unlicensed is usually used for statues that are not approved by the IP license holder but still usually produced by established manufacturers/producers. Mostly Asian manufacturers as stateside producers cannot easily get away with it.
While i am aware this Forum does not allow those with custom pieces to post pictures, can pictures be posted of unlicensed pieces?

..not that i own any custom/unofficial statues,
although i do own an unofficial 1/6 figure of Anton Chigurh (played by Javier Bardem) from No Country for Old Men (2007)
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 12:08 AM   #423
Markhatestoys
Justice League

I've been looking for the perfect Dejah Thoris statue for a bit and still haven't found it. Unfortunately as it now stands this one isn't going to work for me either:

1. I love a female statue with a beautiful backside, but this Dejah has too much of a backside. Her hips are just too wide for my taste. It's giving me a Kim Kardashian vibe.

2. Her face, while beautiful--in fact probably the prettiest of all the Dejah Thoris statues so far released--has an African-American look that I don't associate with the character.

3. She has a Hot Toys-esque lack of expression that doesn't cut it for me at this scale and price point. She's chained to a tusk in the middle of the desert and she looks like she's in some waiting room somewhere reading a magazine.

4. I do prefer Dejah Thoris with a more reddish cast to her skin as this makes her look more alien to me. This version doesn't have that unfortunately.

I assume it's too late for changes to be made so my search will have to continue...
Markhatestoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 06:45 AM   #424
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
While i am aware this Forum does not allow those with custom pieces to post pictures, can pictures be posted of unlicensed pieces?

..not that i own any custom/unofficial statues,
although i do own an unofficial 1/6 figure of Anton Chigurh (played by Javier Bardem) from No Country for Old Men (2007)
Custom is fine if it's not copyrighted material, unlicensed statues from copyrighted material is a no no.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 11:15 PM   #425
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markhatestoys View Post
I've been looking for the perfect Dejah Thoris statue for a bit and still haven't found it. Unfortunately as it now stands this one isn't going to work for me either:

1. I love a female statue with a beautiful backside, but this Dejah has too much of a backside. Her hips are just too wide for my taste. It's giving me a Kim Kardashian vibe.

2. Her face, while beautiful--in fact probably the prettiest of all the Dejah Thoris statues so far released--has an African-American look that I don't associate with the character.

3. She has a Hot Toys-esque lack of expression that doesn't cut it for me at this scale and price point. She's chained to a tusk in the middle of the desert and she looks like she's in some waiting room somewhere reading a magazine.

4. I do prefer Dejah Thoris with a more reddish cast to her skin as this makes her look more alien to me. This version doesn't have that unfortunately.

I assume it's too late for changes to be made so my search will have to continue...
You make some fair points, the booty is close to being too big, but from the front view the overall body looks ok, and the face is beautiful, the only thing that scares me is the eyes, they already have a wide look about them, if they dont paint them right, they could really give her the wild eyed look, I preordered it, but always nervous about pieces this expensive
Atlantisatdawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 11:39 PM   #426
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Booty too big...that's something that doesn't even compute in my head. lmao
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 03:21 AM   #427
Jiggatron69
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josado View Post
Right? Read that and thought I was taking crazy pills
Jiggatron69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 03:55 AM   #428
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josado View Post
Yeah it does. She's too trendy, too big booty Kardashian-esque inspired. Yes hot but not the figure of a young girl but a mature woman.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 12:53 PM   #429
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Most definitely can be too big for me, Kim Kardashian vs Shaun Romy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	d08830b60cbc941031d082e695260b3b.png
Views:	46
Size:	363.9 KB
ID:	152719   Click image for larger version

Name:	hot-model-actress-shaun-romy-s-glamorous-photoshoot-stills-viral-on-instagram_164500975300.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	354.0 KB
ID:	152720  
Atlantisatdawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 02:26 PM   #430
ukshaun
Hercules

LOADING: Image(s)

Butt sculpt appears to fit leg size very well.
No complaints here..
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote