Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > European Union

Old 04-02-2008, 12:18 PM   #121
VinReaper
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Location: Out of my mind! Be back in 5 minutes! (+12517 to the Post Count)
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
Yeah, for some reason, my ancestors decided the US was the place to be. I'd love to visit the homeland someday.
That would be a definite must!!!

So, how is AZ doing today?

VR
VinReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 01:18 PM   #122
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinReaper View Post
That would be a definite must!!!

So, how is AZ doing today?

VR
Mighty fine at the moment. But any day now it will be 100+ degrees day and night. Too crowded and too much traffic, but I work at home, so all's good. Are you in Sweden?
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 01:35 PM   #123
VinReaper

Cool

Quote:
Mighty fine at the moment. But any day now it will be 100+ degrees day and night. Too crowded and too much traffic, but I work at home, so all's good. Are you in Sweden?

No, I am a NYC kid!!!

I just use to work for a company whose parent company was Swedish. And I have a ton of Swedish friends.

I also have friends that live out in Surprise and Flagstaff, AZ. They say the same thing! Like living in Hell during the summer!

VR
Old 04-02-2008, 01:41 PM   #124
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
No, I am a NYC kid!!!

I just use to work for a company whose parent company was Swedish. And I have a ton of Swedish friends.

I also have friends that live out in Surprise and Flagstaff, AZ. They say the same thing! Like living in Hell during the summer!

VR
Ah, I see. Sounds like how I used to be with Austrians. My wife used to live out in Surprise until I took her as my woman and moved her into my cave. I have a few friends up in Flag. That's where the majority of my high school friends went to college, and some decided to become lifers.
Old 04-02-2008, 03:39 PM   #125
protector2814
Phoenix

Hail, Viking Brothers. So...what are we drinking?
It's only Wednesday but it feels Friday. I drink tonight may be in order.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 03:51 PM   #126
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Hail, Viking Brothers. So...what are we drinking?

It's only Wednesday but it feels Friday. I drink tonight may be in order.
Think I'll be going easy with a nice hearty wine the color of blood. Wish I had some good mead...or even bad mead. What say you, protector?
Old 04-02-2008, 04:05 PM   #127
VinReaper

Cool

Quote:
Ah, I see. Sounds like how I used to be with Austrians. My wife used to live out in Surprise until I took her as my woman and moved her into my cave. I have a few friends up in Flag. That's where the majority of my high school friends went to college, and some decided to become lifers.
I have yet to go and visit them. I will make sure to do so though. I love to travel all over the world. And do so for business and pleasure, but yet to go to Arizona. I don't know why?

VR
Old 04-02-2008, 04:06 PM   #128
VinReaper

Cool

Quote:
Think I'll be going easy with a nice hearty wine the color of blood. Wish I had some good mead...or even bad mead. What say you, protector?
What wines do you like?

It is what I do for a living. And I am always interested in knowing what people enjoy from different areas of the country and globe or that matter.

VR
Old 04-02-2008, 04:40 PM   #129
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
What wines do you like?

It is what I do for a living. And I am always interested in knowing what people enjoy from different areas of the country and globe or that matter.

VR
There's always the Grand Canyon, if you need a reason. It is one of the wonders of the world and all. I backpacked to the bottom a few years back, and coming back up was the biggest physical challenge I've ever had. It was well worth it though.

I pretty much drink Yellow Tail Shiraz exclusively. It's affordable and tasty. So what is it you do for a living? Make wine? Critique wine?
Old 04-02-2008, 05:02 PM   #130
VinReaper

Cool

Quote:
There's always the Grand Canyon, if you need a reason. It is one of the wonders of the world and all. I backpacked to the bottom a few years back, and coming back up was the biggest physical challenge I've ever had. It was well worth it though.

I pretty much drink Yellow Tail Shiraz exclusively. It's affordable and tasty. So what is it you do for a living? Make wine? Critique wine?
I am a Sommelier by title, but I work as a private consultant for restaurants, caterers and private clients. I also act as an appraiser and validation authority for auction houses. My main function is that of a wine broker. I manage, sources and broker fine wine cellars and speculate on wine futures. Thusly critique and writing articles as well as teaching wine course on the professional level.

In short a PHd of wine. (Pretty Heavy Drinker!)

And I agree! Yellow Tail gives you good bang for your buck. Many Australian wines do! You should try a few others to get a feel for Australia's introductory level style!

As for the Canyon! I will definitely do that someday! And I will try soon! Like in a year or two! It is on the list.

VR